PDA

View Full Version : seatbelts are your friends

solid snake295
02-19-2004, 09:55 AM
PWNED!!!11
link (http://www.949zeta.com/noSeatBelt/noSeatbelt.html)

Pure_Evil
02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Man, that's the truth!

If that van rolled another time, he would've been edjected.

I've gone to some nasty accidents, some where it took 20+ minutes to cut the car out from around the person who wasn't that messed up because they wore their seat belt.

If that guy wore his seat belt, he would've gotten out of there looking like :blink: intstead of waking up in a hospital all :wacko:

Help keep your blood off of my gear, buckle up :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 11:35 AM
I always wear my seatbelt even when crossing parking lots, but there is a reason for that:

When you see 2 accidents first hand and two ppl die a total of 5 times in those accidents you tend to be very adament about the seatebelt. BUT on the other hand. The man in the first accident (the one with the Chevy Scottsdale upside down and on fire) he would have been dead b/c he was a BIG dude and we wouldnt have been able to pull him out of the truck in time. The guy in the second one would have lived if he had been wearing his seatbelt b/c he got ejected from the truck, skipped off the ground (and i do mean skipped) and hit a concrete retaining wall face first. These were also w/in 6 weeks of one another, and there were many more but these are just the best examples. If you cant tell i live right on an intersection :unsure:

On a side note: None of the ppl in the aforementioned accidents are dead, but they did die a total of five times, but not permanantly.

And Pure, I have the deepest respect for firefighters of all kinds for obvious reasons. So thank you for doing what you do

Sepra
02-19-2004, 03:13 PM
:unsure: That's terrible. I never go unbuckled.

C2H5OH Guy
02-19-2004, 03:23 PM
lol what an idiot!

RedHerring
02-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Scary, He looked like he was falling asleep prior to the accident. I know people who have rolled their cars all b/c they were on road trips and didn't feel like stopping even though they were over tired.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if there is any truth to the notion that if you're relaxed, as in asleep or drunk (please passengers only) , that you survive accidents better b/c the tension in your body can cause bones to break when they normally wouldn't? :hmmm:

I second PJ'l_Master, Pure, thanks.

PimpDaddy
02-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Yowzers

Pure_Evil
02-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by RedHerring@Feb 19 2004, 10:35 AM

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if there is any truth to the notion that if you're relaxed, as in asleep or drunk (please passengers only) , that you survive accidents better b/c the tension in your body can cause bones to break when they normally wouldn't? :hmmm:

I second PJ'l_Master, Pure, thanks.
I've seen some real drunks total vehicals, get thrown from boats and not get hurt too bad like my don't be like Mike tail (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23643&hl=mike) the worst part is, if they don't get hurt, they (hardcore drunks) tend not to learn anything either :bandhead:

To be honest with you, I don't know for sure that it helps them or not, but I do know it pisses me off when I have to deal with them and the damage they do! (drunks only)

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 06:52 PM
get thrown from boats?
:WTF:

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
they must have been really, REALLY drunk

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
:drink:

Pure_Evil
02-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by PJ'l_Master@Feb 19 2004, 01:52 PM
get thrown from boats?
:WTF:
3 drunks in a boat hit the jetty, the 2 behind the console are fine, the one passed out in the bow went about 15 feet up on the rocks landing on his back.

jerk off's I used to work with :rofl:

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 06:57 PM
OMG :ohmy:

long-island-ice-tea
02-19-2004, 07:03 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

long-island-ice-tea
02-19-2004, 07:04 PM
ooooh I didn't look it until the end....

EXEcution
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
OUCH!
I always wear a belt.

Thundarr
02-19-2004, 07:52 PM
I heard that too, that if you are relaxed or buzzed, you don't get hurt so bad, but I'm with Pure on that, if you're drunk driving and don't get hurt, you don't learn enough from it.... Belts are a must!!! Especially in Michigan where so many drivers SUCK!!! Pet Peeve, cell phone talking and driving!!! Not too smart!

PJ'l_Master
02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Thundarr@Feb 19 2004, 07:52 PM
I heard that too, that if you are relaxed or buzzed, you don't get hurt so bad, but I'm with Pure on that, if you're drunk driving and don't get hurt, you don't learn enough from it.... Belts are a must!!! Especially in Michigan where so many drivers SUCK!!! Pet Peeve, cell phone talking and driving!!! Not too smart!
I saw a person on the road a couple days ago who was READING A BOOK...for the love of GOD ppl...use your head :mad:

Speedsweeper
02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Holy s**t

EXEcution
02-19-2004, 09:24 PM
People just get so used to driving they stop caring.
You dont see me playing sam with my eyes closed!

Jesse James
02-19-2004, 09:54 PM
My brother was in a really bad accident a while back, and it was in the parking lot. Jesse(my brother) hadn't put his seatbelt on yet because he was taking a drink from his soda. When his friend hit a light pole and Jesse went flying forward and hit his head on the winsheild. By the time paramedics got there his coat was soaked in blood and had hit an artory and was losing blood fast. He lost I think 7 teeth, when mom got there, the paramedics thought he was going to die, but he never did, he is ok now. But he has a scared up face now, I wonder if he would have been just fine if he had put his seatbelt on...

long-island-ice-tea
02-20-2004, 03:35 PM
friend of me had a car accident but while the accident happens he was sleeping and the car turns arround 4 times and landed on the roof... then my friend wake up and ask what happened