PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Nintendo?

Dark Reign
02-20-2004, 10:47 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/10/commentary...aming/index.htm (http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/10/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm)

Personally, I think Nintendo will still stay in the fight. They just need a "GTA 3"-esque megahit instead of game after game of mediocre sales. (Not saying that their games are mediocre themselves)

Dissectional
02-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I agree. I dont think that they will bail out of the console market like Sega, BUT, Nintendo does have to make some serious changes to regain a foothold in the console market. I love my GameCube, every game I own for it is great....but, those are very few games. My PS2 is about to die an early death due to the amount I use it. I personally would hate to see Nintendo go the way of the Do Do...but somethings just can't be avoided.

Burn the Witch
02-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Nintendo still have their legendary $3-5 Billion in the bank and unlike Sony and Microsoft who are happy to break even per sale, Nintendo are always going for a profit.

Now, by getting the XBOX Next out in 2005, Microsoft is playing an aggressive game, its a good move really, at first I saw Microsoft entering into games as a very bad thing, but now I don't think it is. Its put additional pressure on Sony and Nintendo to come up with the goods which can only be good for gamers.

Nintendo need three criteria to gain ground again, altough my faith is failing in them slowly. They just don't understand the Western market at all....

1. Third Party Support. Get EA. I hate EA, but they sell so much. Nintendo NEEDS EA and other 3rd party publishers.

2. Power. If the next Nintendo console is comming out last, then they need to to be more powerful than the PS3 and XBOXN. Simple as that.

3. Internet. I wouldnt get Internet on a console, not with my uberware, but many people want a console for internet access.....

Gun Element
02-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Things wouldnt feel necessarily the same without the feeling of Nintendo in the gaming industry anymore.

Maybe becayse Nintendo was there for me like since I was born. I could say that I wouldnt be a huge game fan without them :thumbs:

solid snake295
02-21-2004, 05:45 AM
i think nintendo could jump WAY ahead of everyone else if they made a hand held version of the game cube, i cant be that hard, they managed to cram a super nintendo (or better) into somthing the size of my wallet (GBA) :thumbs:

EXEcution
02-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Squaresoft support wil definitely help push Nintendo's Next Hadnd-Held Console,

Bizud
02-24-2004, 01:24 PM
The last time I checked, the Cube was outselling the other two consoles (current sales, not total sales obviously). Can anyone back me up on this?

LINK SOUL
03-05-2004, 10:34 PM
I think that Nintendo is and always will be the best console in the market because think about it not evry character in xbox or ps2 is like having a mario or link playing for them .

EXEcution
03-06-2004, 05:05 AM
true, a recognizable name wil definitely help Nintendo, but i havent been seeing alot of Mario or Link lately.

Caged Anger
03-06-2004, 05:20 PM
yes but one name has been coming out a lot. Metroid. I've played every game they've come out with so far and i think zero mission will be great.

[EvL]Dakota
03-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bizud@Feb 24 2004, 01:24 PM
The last time I checked, the Cube was outselling the other two consoles (current sales, not total sales obviously). Can anyone back me up on this?
I thought they were doing better. The game variety now is a lot better than it was when the GameCube first came out.

Dissectional
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@Mar 6 2004, 12:20 PM
yes but one name has been coming out a lot. Metroid. I've played every game they've come out with so far and i think zero mission will be great.
Zero Mission is great. I just beat it a couple weeks ago. A total retelling of the first game, with some 'extras' that I won't mention here, that bring Metroid and Super Metroid together. Plus, you can link it to Metroid Fusion for some extra goodies...PLUS when you beat it, you can play original Metroid. Which means that I have the original Metroid on the SP, NES, GC and PC(emulated)!

:w00t:

Dissectional
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by [EvL]Dakota+Mar 8 2004, 10:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([EvL]Dakota @ Mar 8 2004, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bizud@Feb 24 2004, 01:24 PM
The last time I checked, the Cube was outselling the other two consoles (current sales, not total sales obviously).&nbsp; Can anyone back me up on this?
I thought they were doing better. The game variety now is a lot better than it was when the GameCube first came out. [/b][/quote]
I think that this coming summer, the Cube has the biggest line up of &#39;Must Have&#39; titles.

Seriously Deadly
03-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by [EvL]Dakota+Mar 8 2004, 03:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([EvL]Dakota @ Mar 8 2004, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bizud@Feb 24 2004, 01:24 PM
The last time I checked, the Cube was outselling the other two consoles (current sales, not total sales obviously).&nbsp; Can anyone back me up on this?
I thought they were doing better. The game variety now is a lot better than it was when the GameCube first came out. [/b][/quote]
Doesnt every game system have a bigger variety from when they came out?

LINK SOUL
03-09-2004, 03:36 AM
WELL THATS TRUE THIS SUMMER IS GOING TO BE CRAZY
SOME OF THE GAMES ARE RESIDENT EVIL 4 CAPCOM SAYS THAT IS THE BEST OF THE SAGA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :thumbs: :thumbs: