PDA

View Full Version : deletting files

<<Hybrid>>
02-24-2004, 12:26 PM
i got unfinished download. i stopped it, but it still says "programm is used by another program or person" is that possible to delete file without DOS?

i got lots of big unneded files :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
02-24-2004, 02:05 PM
reboot & problem solved

<<Hybrid>>
02-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Feb 24 2004, 04:05 PM
reboot & problem solved
i had installed OS 3 times, but files is still UNable to delete. Last chance was from DOS, but i have NTFS system. As you know this format is supported with NT,2k and XP OS only

thats why i asked, dont think i am a little..... hehe

JIMINATOR
02-24-2004, 03:50 PM
hmmm, well you may not have admin privdleges on the file.
being an admin isn&#39;t enough. open my computer, go to tools->folder
options->view-> turn off use simple file sharing and save
then right click on the directory->properties->security->advanced
and try messing with the owner settings there. that is what has locked
files for me from one install to another.

Slice
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you are using a download manager if they are incomplete. You might want to try turning that off as it probably is managing the files, thus not letting you delete them.

<<Hybrid>>
02-25-2004, 11:49 AM
hmm its impossible to delete on any OS. i have dual boot (winXPpro and WinMe together) as you know winMe dont have this admin mess. And thats impossible to delete files from there too. It says that some program using this file, but no program is started... is that possible to delete those files in anyway? like making them wait till i am restarting PC, and they are deletted at reboot (like installing good programms, you need to reboot to complete file replacement, upgrade or delete) i want to avoid those files someway....

noone want to have 3GB undeletteable files :D

<<Hybrid>>
02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
damn i still think you guys dont understand me... sry for bad english.

just want to say... no priviledges is changed, no program is started, nothing. just cant delete becouse of bug. is that possible to ignore windows and delete this mess?

Goober
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
How are you using WinXP with the NTFS file system and Win ME? I didnt&#39; think that Win ME would read the NTFS files. Or have you partitioned your drive into a Fat32 drive and a NTFS drive?

Have you tried booting in safe mode and deleting these files?
Either from the command prompt or windows explorer?

When you say no programs are running, have you done a ctrl, alt, delete to see
which applications are running?

Here is a forum link of a fellow trying to delete a file with the same problem.
Deleting files (http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/82175.html)

<<Hybrid>>
02-25-2004, 01:48 PM
ok i will start advanced

2 HDD drives, one partitioned to NTFS, second drive partitioned to FAT32 and divided. thats 3 drives now... C: D: and E:

WinME installed on C: (FAT32)
WinXP installed on E: (NTFS)

with WinME i dont see E: drive offcourse, but i have some undeleteable files on D drive too (Fat32) those files are movies. i think they are incompleted.. but no program is in use.

i need progy what ignores windows and deleting files at anyway

<<Hybrid>>
02-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Goober? you are da man&#33; thanks alot... i found there web site where i can download boot files who supports NTFS on DOS... thats all i need :thumbs:

Goober
02-25-2004, 05:37 PM
:thumbs: I get lucky sometimes

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
02-26-2004, 11:47 AM
You just need to start WInXp in safe mode and you will be able to delete file.