PDA

View Full Version : great freeware

solid snake295
02-26-2004, 08:18 PM
if your like me and have way too much crap on your desktop, and everyonce in a while when your playing a game or somthing you come back to find that all your desktop icons are crammed into the corner of the screen. i just saw this on tech tv and it works awsome, its called restore desktop. it adds 2 options when you right ckick on your desktop, save desktop and restore desktop. just set up your icons the way you want and click save desktop and now when ever your icons get messed up you just click restore desktop and they go back to how you saved them. :thumbs:

http://www.softwarium.com/rdwin.html

ME BIGGD01
02-26-2004, 09:21 PM
before anyone actually downloads it, maybe you can tell us first how it works and if there is any spam crap or registering after 14 days messages. also how much or if any recourses does the program use? does it run in the background all the time?

i get abit weary on anything called freeware. it is the number 1 reason for problems i fix on peoples computers

JIMINATOR
02-26-2004, 09:32 PM
nah, actually all of the free programs they preview on screensavers are
pretty damn good. the people are on the ball about that stuff.

solid snake295
02-26-2004, 10:51 PM
no spam, no regestration stuff. and the total installed size is only 157kb. im pretty sure it does not run in the background, just a save file.

ill post the read me file, it seems to explain it better than i can.

i wouldnt post it here if i knew it had any problems :thumbs:

Restore Desktop v2.0 (PC version)

What it does
Restore Desktop is a context menu addition that saves and restores icons' positions on the Windows desktop. Restore Desktop restores icons' position automatically during display resolution changing. Restore Desktop also allows you to restore saved icons' positions manually by click on the Windows desktop.

System requirements
Any PC compatible computer with Windows 95, Windows 98 or WindowsNT(4.0 or higher) installed.

How to install
Simply run the downloaded RDSetup.exe file and follow the instructions. You can uninstall this software whenever you like by the “Add/Remove Programs” Control Panel item.

How to use
Just right-click in the Windows desktop to open the context menu. The context menu will contain two additional items “Save Desktop” and “Restore Desktop”. Select “Save Desktop” to save current desktop icons' positions for the current display resolution. Select “Restore Desktop” to restore previously saved desktop icons' positions for the current resolution.
Save icons' positions for the display resolutions you are using after the installation. When you change the screen resolution, icons are automatically restored to saved positions for that resolution.

Contact us
Please send you comments, suggestions and bug reports to the address below. We will try to answer them all as soon as possible.
Send your e-mail to: support@softwarium.com
To take a look at other Softwarium products for PC and Macintosh please visit our web site at http://www.softwarium.com.

Where you can download the latest version
Please take a look at the Restore Desktop web site. It is located at http://www.softwarium.com/rdwin.html There you will find the version number of the latest release and links to download it.

Credits & Copyright
Concept: Alex Grec
Programming: Art Kol
Design: Andy Smith
b-testing: Deno Oz

The Restore Desktop is © 1999-2003 by Kanex Group, Inc., all right reserved.

ME BIGGD01
02-29-2004, 08:20 PM
thanks for the tip and the time to preview it for all of us. i will put that link in my favs for future use. :thumbs: