PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam Advanced!

Seriously Deadly
02-27-2004, 04:03 AM
i was at gamesdomain and typed in serious sam.there was a big list , but the i saw Serious Sam advanced!They say it will be out in april 2004.

Link Serious Sam Advanced (http://gamesdomain.com/gba/serious_sam_advance)

Seriously Deadly
02-27-2004, 04:16 AM
i cant find much info on this game yet.I didnt find any info even on nintendo . com

Nick
02-27-2004, 04:18 AM
imagine a 4 way death match on a linkup... :blink:

Seriously Deadly
02-27-2004, 04:22 AM
what do you think the graphics are gonna be like! :blink:

Gun Element
02-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Comes out pretty soon

Asian Invasian
02-27-2004, 12:58 PM
im not sure there is little info but i dont have a gba :blink:

C2H5OH Guy
02-27-2004, 02:08 PM
kewl...too bad that i sold DarthVim my GBA :bandhead:

Seriously Deadly
03-09-2004, 12:35 AM
More info! I got this from climax.It talks About PS2 and Gamecube serious sam too.

Title
Serious Sam: Next Encounter

Author
Game Informer

Date
02/02/2004

Serious Sam: The Next Encounter (formerly known as Word To The Mothership)

Formats: PS2 / Gamecube / GBA

Publisher: Take 2 Interactive

Despite the name, Serious Sam has always been a very lighthearted take on the blasting aliens. Developer Climax, which is making this new side chapter while Serious Sam originators Croteam work on the sequel for Xbox and PC, takes this philosophy and runs with it. With cartoony graphics and hammy one-liners, this franchise is unique in its blend of seriously pounding gunfights and goofy Looney Tunes-esque vibe. There's very little pretense of having a plot, and the hardest choise the players are faced with is whether to use the minigun or the rocket launcher. This paves the way for all sorts of cool toys, enemies, and levels to play around with.

Word To The Mothership sets out with a mission: Deliver entertainment in the form of mindlessly blowing stuff up. From what we saw of the game, it should never be said that it does not fulfill this goal. All of the powers of innovation possessed by the developers went into crafting fun weapons, cool enemies, and the most stable framerate this side of the cinema. Even with twenty enemies, countless bullets, and some explosions all onscreen, the build we played had no slowdown at all.

Though solo play is very simple and action-oriented, the combo and reward systems inject some additional flavor. By chaining together your enemy skills, you get more points, which can net you a medal at the end of the level. It's a simple, yet cool, concept that adds a little more spice without taking away from the action. Far from it - get your combo meter high enough and you go into a sped-up Killing Spree. While the single-player mode is fun, multiplayer is clearly where it's at. Whether it's four-player split-screen on the 'Cube' or eight-player online play on the PS2, the small maps make for a very old-school experience. Matches are nothing but running and gunning and trying to hit the armor spawns before you die. Beautiful. There are also Pass the Bomb and Hold The Flag modes for those who don't care for a standard deathmatch. Or, if that's not your thing, you can go through the entire 32 brand-new levels if solo mode (plus the ten which can be unlocked through collecting medals) cooperatively with a friend.

New to Serious Sam are the three vehicles in Word To The Mothership. A jeep with rocket launchers, a submarine, and a huge combine harvester are all available in the course of the game. And we all know what vehicles mean - more destruction, more mayhem and more fun.

Word To The Mothership looks like it'll be the best bang available for gamers' $20 this spring when it launches.