PDA

View Full Version : Knight Online Open Beta

Silent Sam
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
If anyone is interested, the open beta for Knight Online has started. Its a 3D MMORPG that is focused on combat.

Actually, its so focused on combat that after playing it for a bit, I basically feel like I'm playing a beefed up 3D version of Diablo. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Graphics are decent, combat is ok, tons of players in there right now, and overall it is a pretty fun game.

Something to tide you over till Lineage 2 or other big MMO's come along...

Here's the link:

http://www.knight-online.com.my

If you sign on, look for a Karus warrior named KilGore! :thumbs:

Mr Clean
03-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the link :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Damn that game is in demand.
Is it gonna be an open bata for a while?

Silent Sam
03-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Not sure how long the beta will last. Man there is a lot of people playing it right now though! But it will be interesting to see how many stick with it when they actually start charging to play. For free its not bad...but I wouldn't pay a lot to play it, especially with other MMO's like Lineage 2 right around the corner.

SALvation
03-08-2004, 05:57 PM
This is definitely a big year for MMO's. I can't wait until World of Warcraft comes out. Until then I'm having a great time with FFXI.

Mr Clean
03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Mar 8 2004, 11:57 AM
This is definitely a big year for MMO's. I can't wait until World of Warcraft comes out. Until then I'm having a great time with FFXI.
MMOs are the wave of the future, whether people like it or not. But with the right game it is definitely worth it.

Silent Sam
03-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I definately agree with you guys. I've never been into MMO's in the past, but now with the batch that is coming out I am totally psyched about em'. I'm torn with which one looks best since there are so many good looking ones to pick from...WoW, Lineage2, UX:O, EQ2, MEO...man they all look good. (those are prolly my top 5 I look forward to, but I know there are a bunch of others like Matrix, Guild Wars, D&D...)

With this many MMO's though, I wonder how many gamers will actually be playing them. Yeah more people will be in to them, but man that is a lot of MMO's to pick from! How many subscribers does an MMO need to be viable? :WTF:

SALvation
03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Have you tried FFXI? I started playing it as a buffer between Painkiller and WoW and now I'm hooked. The best MMO out today according to me. :)

<<Hybrid>>
03-08-2004, 09:37 PM
"Service Unavailable"

Mr Clean
03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Mar 8 2004, 03:27 PM
Have you tried FFXI? I started playing it as a buffer between Painkiller and WoW and now I&#39;m hooked. The best MMO out today according to me. :)
Next to DAOC he forgot to add...

SALvation
03-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Ha&#33; Play a month of both games and then decide...I did. :)

Mr Clean
03-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Mar 8 2004, 03:43 PM
Ha&#33; Play a month of both games and then decide...I did. :)
Yes but your lack of taste is well known around here :P

Silent Sam
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Mar 8 2004, 09:27 PM
Have you tried FFXI? I started playing it as a buffer between Painkiller and WoW and now I&#39;m hooked. The best MMO out today according to me. :)
Yeah...I&#39;ve held the box in my hand and came within 30 feet of the cashier to buy it...but then I backed down. :wacko: I don&#39;t know why I can&#39;t just bite the bullet and pick up FFXI. For some reason something just holds me back still on that one, and to be honest I can&#39;t really put a finger on exactly what it is.

As it stands now, I&#39;m playing Savage while waiting for BF:Vietnam and Painkiller and I&#39;m resisting the urge to get into an MMO until the next batch comes out.