PDA

View Full Version : Farcry

skabzvice
03-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Anyone here planning on picking up this game when it comes out on the 23rd? I think I might "preview" it before it comes out to determine if I'll be purchasing this or not.

EXEcution
03-13-2004, 10:00 PM
If the multiplayer is AWESOME then probably yes, the demo ran like a charm on my PC.

skabzvice
03-13-2004, 11:17 PM
The demo, in my opinion, was very fun but I have not tried the new demo that was released.

EXEcution
03-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Same thing with an extra level i think.

skabzvice
03-14-2004, 04:27 AM
A new demo comes out on Monday the 15th if anyone wanted to know.

EXEcution
03-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Does it have MP?

skabzvice
03-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Nope. The other demo that came out earlier is just a completly different level. I downloaded it but havn't actually played it that much yet.

Silent Sam
03-15-2004, 03:32 PM
I definately think I will purchase FarCry. The demo really impressed me. And as a multiplayer game I think it would have great potential...runs smooth, good weapons and physics, vehicles handle well, great viewdistance, and the whole tropical island scene could make a great backdrop for multiplayer. I was thinking you could have base vs. base teamplay action where each base is on its own island...inter-island warfare! :wootrock: People taking boats, controlling the water, using hang-gliders to sneak over to the other island...this could make some phenomenal teamplay. Lets just hope Crytek executes it right.

Though until that time, today I'm debating whether its BF:Vietnam or Unreal Touney 2004 that should earn my dollar...both come out today I beleive and both look fantastic. Realism...sci-fi...I can't decide.

Silent Sam
03-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Here's the first Far Cry review that I've seen:

http://www.gamers-depot.com/games/action/far_cry/001.htm

Yeah...definately getting this game :)

skabzvice
03-19-2004, 02:07 AM
I'll write my own review of this game on here shortly....I somehow came accross a copy of the full version. So, it's installing right now and I shall write a review shortly.

EXEcution
03-19-2004, 02:08 AM
I just wanna know about multiplay, netcode, pings, and the amount of servers!

skabzvice
03-19-2004, 02:09 AM
Well, most likely I will not have any info on that portion of the game until the 23rd...but I'll run a few lan games and give you the "low down".

Burn the Witch
03-26-2004, 11:17 PM
I own Farcry....EXE....Single Player is probably the best thing since Half Life in an FPS....think of Jurassic Park and Congo and Commando (the films) having some sort of disturbing three way sex, and Farcry would be the result.

Its pretty much you playing as an ex-Navy Seals guy who comes across this mad scientist experimenting on monkeys on this series of unamed, unmarked, tropical islands. He is creating.....things, while being guarded by an army of crack mercenaries. As the various experiments get loose, the body count spirals out of control, which makes for a kick ass time :)

EXEcution
03-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Sounds neat the SP demo was REALLY fun, i cat compare it to anything i've played be4, incredible graphics and animations. Gorgeous, but as i search through ubisofts FC forum i see nothing positive about MP.
:rofl: about the sex thing

PJ'l_Master
03-30-2004, 01:51 AM
sounds cool

MR. SLiK
03-30-2004, 03:42 AM
graphics engine was fantastic, just way too realistic gameplay for my tastes.

Death-Dude
03-30-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Mar 26 2004, 05:17 PM
I own Farcry....EXE....Single Player is probably the best thing since Half Life in an FPS....think of Jurassic Park and Congo and Commando (the films) having some sort of disturbing three way sex, and Farcry would be the result.

Its pretty much you playing as an ex-Navy Seals guy who comes across this mad scientist experimenting on monkeys on this series of unamed, unmarked, tropical islands. He is creating.....things, while being guarded by an army of crack mercenaries. As the various experiments get loose, the body count spirals out of control, which makes for a kick ass time :)
Pretty high praise, Twitch, I'm intrigued now. Should I do the demo, or will it crush my system out? AMD 1800, 512 ram and GF4 4400?