PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: PT SP Demo!

EXEcution
03-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Although its only SP, just the fact that it will have MP is exciting enough for me!
http://www.pcgameworld.com/details.php/id/5137/
Their sunet ftp server has good speed! :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Multiplayer demo is out!
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/138686.shtml
FPS Stylee! :wootrock:

solid snake295
03-28-2004, 02:23 AM
so is it any good? how about some screen shots :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Looks exactly like the origial Splinter Cell, the MP looks fantastic but gets kida boring (maybe cuz its only one level in the demo)

skabzvice
03-28-2004, 04:48 AM
I also have the demo, I played it with my friend today and beat him everysingle time. The graphics dont look that good unless you run it on the highest resolution possible.

Asian Invasian
03-28-2004, 04:51 AM
i have it for xbox i just got it today havent played it yet but the mp is yes exciting :)

solid snake295
03-29-2004, 08:03 AM
I downloaded the demo and it kept crashing while trying to load a level. after some searching for a fix i found out that the game doesn’t support GeForce 3 or 4 video cards! thats just ******' awesome! half the country has GeForce 4s! way to go UBI SOFT :down: :mad: :loser:

developer: maybe we'll make more money if we sell the game to less people!
marketing "engineer": duhhh maybe your right, lets make it so one of the most popular video cards dosent work with the game!
janitor: you guys are idiots...
Marketing "engineer": banana banana banana banana banana banana!

EXEcution
03-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by solid snake295@Mar 29 2004, 04:03 AM
I downloaded the demo and it kept crashing while trying to load a level. after some searching for a fix i found out that the game doesn’t support GeForce 3 or 4 video cards! thats just ******' awesome! half the country has GeForce 4s! way to go UBI SOFT :down: :mad: :loser:

marketing "engineer": duhhh maybe your right, lets make it so one of the most popular video cards dosent work with the game!
:lol: Yea i saw that too.
LAME!

JIMINATOR
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by solid snake295@Mar 29 2004, 03:03 AM

wrong. the game supports geforce 3 + 4, just not the mx versions.

"The GeForce3 is actually more advanced technology than the GeForce4 MX, which is essentially a souped-up GeForce2 MX processor. The GeForce4 doesn't contain the nfiniteFX engine (NVidia's vertex shader), which means it doesn't fully support DirectX 8.1. All GeForce3 cards have packed this feature. That's one reason the GeForce4 MX is so much cheaper than the GeForce4 Ti.

The main difference between the GeForce4 MX and the GeForce2 MX cards are the clock speeds, and the GeForce4 MX's Light Speed Memory Architecture II. The GeForce4 MX's implementation of this memory controller has half the segments of the GeForce3 and GeForce4 Ti, and thus considerably lower memory bandwidth and performance."

solid snake295
03-29-2004, 09:03 PM
oops, your right, i forgot that part, lol. ubi soft still blew it though.