PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the Catalyst 4.3 Drivers

Rivers
03-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Everytime I try to play Sam (and so far it only does it on Sam) It will give me a graphics error or make my monitor shut down and from there I won't be able to turn it on again until I restart. This is the 1st time I've ever had problems with my ATI and its not pleasing me very much. Anyone else had any similar problems or might have a suggestion for me? If so let me know cause I haven't found away around this problem yet. I was thinking about rolling back the driver but I thought I'd run it by you guys 1st see what you all think. Thanks a lot for your help.

-Rivers

ME BIGGD01
03-28-2004, 05:34 AM
if the problem only occurs in sam and is fine with evry other game or application, i would suggest that there is a setting wrong in sam. sounds like the res may be setting to high for your monitor. check your settings in game mode. you may want to reinstall sam.

EXEcution
03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I use the same drivers and they work fine with sam and all the other games! :thumbs:

Rivers
03-30-2004, 07:31 PM
I actually found out the problem lies in the new AOL Instant Messanger with these drivers and AIM. It will error on me if i stay signed into AIM but then I sign off AIM and play nothing happens. Go figure. :blink: