PDA

View Full Version : My connection sucketh

OZZYOGRE
04-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Ok, looks like I am gonna have to order cable modem. This is the most frustrating thing. Everything was peachy till this stupid T1. Hopefully Time Warner can get out here next week so this can all end.

OZZYOGRE
04-03-2004, 09:56 PM
I ordered cable modem to be hooked up this week, but I had already prepaid for my t1 connection, so....I am gonna try and run my bot's computer and teamspeak off the t1 and my main off the cable. If that doesn't work, someone hand me a gun and a bottle of whiskey. :bandhead: :worldssmallest: :worldssmallest:

Sepra
04-03-2004, 10:18 PM
:(

PJ'l_Master
04-04-2004, 06:19 AM
my connection sucketh...thats funny...and you have NO idea what a bad connection is... :P

OZZYOGRE
04-04-2004, 07:24 AM
can't play consistent=thats all i need to know

OUTLAWS Tip
04-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Sorry to hear that Ozzy. I had major problems with disconnects that lasted about two weeks. I started using my spare pc (going through my router) using the same connection at it was fine. (?) Tried my better pc after about a week and a half, worked fine and I am still using it. Don't know what the problem was, how it started working or why. I made calls to DAOC support and my ISP and both said the connection should be fine. I tried everything I could think of, XP restore, turned off running processes, defrag, cleanup, delete history, turn off Nortons, turn off Aol/msn messaging and nothing made a difference. I was LDing about every 10 minutes. I thought it had something to do with some service trying to connect and check for updates but I don't really know. I could play Sam or any other online game with no problems either. I was about ready to just quick DAOC but then it started working.
:unsure:

Did you try right clicking on your shortcut, select properties and compatability mode. Select run this program in compatability mode for NT 4.0? Jandar posted a link before that said it may help and I think it has helped me some but not positively sure.
:oooo:

Best of luck to you and wish I knew what caused my problems.