PDA

View Full Version : What's happened?

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 11:44 AM
It's like none is ever talking in the Quake forum or the tournaments, or the Graphics thread. I've had a post up about quake for a week now and none has responed. (none has to, I fixed the problem) Just curious why none is talking. It only puzzles me because GM has 1000 members and only a couple are talking.

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 11:44 AM
It's like none is ever talking in the Quake forum or the tournaments, or the Graphics thread. I've had a post up about quake for a week now and none has responed. (none has to, I fixed the problem) Just curious why none is talking. It only puzzles me because GM has 1000 members and only a couple are talking.

Dissectional
04-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I think that all the Quake players have moved on. If you have a question tho...I am sure that Fragetti, Mr. Slik, Shogun or Grimmy wouldn't mind answering if you sent them a PM. Those guys are like...Quake gods or something...fo shizzle.

Dissectional
04-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I think that all the Quake players have moved on. If you have a question tho...I am sure that Fragetti, Mr. Slik, Shogun or Grimmy wouldn't mind answering if you sent them a PM. Those guys are like...Quake gods or something...fo shizzle.

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
As far as the tournament forum goes, there's talk, but no action. I've run some UT 2003 tourneys, but I usually just get the players who play in the {DS} server and no-shows are frustrating. None of the moderators for the forum play SSSE, and frankly, SSSE is a dificult game to run a complaint free tourney in and running it takes more work than UT/Q3. SSSE servers are not tourney friendly IMO.

I may run another UT tourney, maybe ONS, but frankly, the clans in GM don't seem to be interested. The majority of players at GM are focussed on FF and DAOC, so the tourney forum sleeps.

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
As far as the tournament forum goes, there's talk, but no action. I've run some UT 2003 tourneys, but I usually just get the players who play in the {DS} server and no-shows are frustrating. None of the moderators for the forum play SSSE, and frankly, SSSE is a dificult game to run a complaint free tourney in and running it takes more work than UT/Q3. SSSE servers are not tourney friendly IMO.

I may run another UT tourney, maybe ONS, but frankly, the clans in GM don't seem to be interested. The majority of players at GM are focussed on FF and DAOC, so the tourney forum sleeps.

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
I'd be happy to help organize, but I have no idea where to start. That and i'd need help finding a server.

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
I'd be happy to help organize, but I have no idea where to start. That and i'd need help finding a server.

SALvation
04-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm sure things will pick up even more when PK comes out next week. Other than that, things may be slow in the forums you are watching, but actually, March set several records for GM for being our busiest month since we started.

SALvation
04-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm sure things will pick up even more when PK comes out next week. Other than that, things may be slow in the forums you are watching, but actually, March set several records for GM for being our busiest month since we started.

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@Apr 7 2004, 08:29 AM
but that's where all the work is, the server and making sure it runs smoothly. Good luck in finding someone who'll just turn over server rites. In UT, it can all be done through web admin, no ref needed, no start comand, real simple, the biggest problem is players showing up and knowing the rules.

BIGG's ran some SSSE ones before, but he has the server, even then, I know it wasn't simple.

maybe Sal will have another GM tourney, but who knows.

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@Apr 7 2004, 08:29 AM
but that's where all the work is, the server and making sure it runs smoothly. Good luck in finding someone who'll just turn over server rites. In UT, it can all be done through web admin, no ref needed, no start comand, real simple, the biggest problem is players showing up and knowing the rules.

BIGG's ran some SSSE ones before, but he has the server, even then, I know it wasn't simple.

maybe Sal will have another GM tourney, but who knows.

EXEcution
04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 7 2004, 09:43 AM
I can't wait for PK, any news on a MP demo or is it gonna be released after the game hits the shelves?

EXEcution
04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 7 2004, 09:43 AM
I can't wait for PK, any news on a MP demo or is it gonna be released after the game hits the shelves?

SALvation
04-07-2004, 04:00 PM
MP Demo is coming out on April 19th.

SALvation
04-07-2004, 04:00 PM
MP Demo is coming out on April 19th.

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 04:08 PM
what is PK and MP? I'm not trying to get anyone upset by this thread, i jus wanted to know why things seemed to be so slow.

Caged Anger
04-07-2004, 04:08 PM
what is PK and MP? I'm not trying to get anyone upset by this thread, i jus wanted to know why things seemed to be so slow.

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
PK= Pain Killer

MP = multi player

Pure_Evil
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
PK= Pain Killer

MP = multi player