PDA

View Full Version : Concerning US Citizens ages 15-25

Caged Anger
04-08-2004, 08:08 PM
guess what Bush is very secretly pushing through congress? It was done away with after WWII. Any ideas? Well if not, you can happily welcome the draft back. But now its new and improved. No more running to Canada, they won't take you, no more going to college, they'll take you anyway, and (here's the part I really like) even if you haven't graduated high school yet, they'll call you up. Bush has secretly been raising funds for it and in 2005, it will be voted upon.

Oh and, BTW, all you teenage Kerry fans, ya, he supports it too. Well, I wasn't planning on joining the army, but I guess its out of my hands now to decide. Don't u just love our government?

If you wanna see for yourself, search around www.congress.gov

Asian Invasian
04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
omfg i knew i t i knew bush was......errrrrrrrgggggg but i though kerry wasnt going to bel ike that dangit i hope the voets all go against it :( i knew it it old all my friendw but they were like w/e no he wont *sigh*

TheMaster
04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
I was afraid President Bush was planning this. :bandhead: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope for sure the vote fails, shouldn't a free American citizen choose military service for himself?

Seriously Deadly
04-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Why dont they draft women?

SALvation
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
All of you guys make me seriously want to consider an age minimum to be on GM. Please get some common sense before posting crap like this on here. Of course they're not bring the draft back or pulling kids out of kindergarden to go fight.

Asian Invasian
04-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Max-Pain2@Apr 8 2004, 01:33 PM
for 10 year old you have a point :thumbs: our system is all messed up thats why

chaotic42
04-08-2004, 08:42 PM
There is *zero* chance of this passing. A friend remarked that it's an attempt to raise anti-war sentiment amongst Americans by Charles Rangel.

This will not pass, and there is no conspiracy.

Asian Invasian
04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
ohh ok i guess im a n00b then :P well anyway im too young to understand all this crap it hurts my brain :(

Dark Reign
04-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Not to beat the bush, but calm the hell down. The state of American society would never let a draft occur after something so miniscule as our current situation. If say, China invaded us, then it'd be a different story. But as much as you hear it might, it will not.

chaotic42
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by <Asian - Invasian>@Apr 8 2004, 03:50 PM
ohh ok i guess im a n00b then :P well anyway im too young to understand all this crap it hurts my brain :(
You aren&#39;t too young. At 15 I had already decided I wanted to go into the Air Force Academy, and by 16 I had already gone to and dropped out of college.

Don&#39;t sell yourself short by saying you&#39;re too young to understand something.

TheMaster
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Well I am not a war supporter anymore than I am a draft supporter. SALvation had better be right, the draft better not come back. We didn&#39;t need it since the Vietnam War, and we don&#39;t need it now. I think an age minimum might also be appropriate, not because of topics like this, but because some of the posts on here go over the line in terms of maturity.

TheMaster

ME BIGGD01
04-08-2004, 09:45 PM
i am starting to think that i need to leave game mecca. it seems to be making me abit nuts with the stupidist threads and comments (yes, which makes me say stupid things). first of all you say the draft hasnt been seen ww2? that&#39;s funny since i have family that was drafted to vietnam. and to let you know that we have always had a draft and so does every other country.

her is a tip for you--- go do your homework and read a book before posting stupid stuff just to cause problems. :bandhead:

p.s. i do not know what&#39;s worste, the people who creat a thread like this or the ones who follow it with out following up on the info.

Asian Invasian
04-08-2004, 09:47 PM
that tip was a little harsh man...

ME BIGGD01
04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by <Asian - Invasian>@Apr 8 2004, 09:47 PM
harsh my butt. this is a game forum not a political debate. i am getting sick of it. too many kids trying to discuss the world is just dumb. atleast reach puberty before discussing something so important.

NightBreed
04-08-2004, 09:58 PM
I think you guys are getting Selective Service and " the draft" confused... I had to register with the Selective Service back in 1980 ( :w00t: :wave: ) we all did..

Didn&#39;t mean we were being drafted though...

TheMaster
04-08-2004, 10:03 PM
I didn&#39;t say WW2 was the last time the draft was used, I said not SINCE Vietnam. But let&#39;s not start arguing about that.

I agree BIGG that this forumboard should be about gaming, not discussing political views.

TheMaster

ME BIGGD01
04-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by >SSC<TheMaster@Apr 8 2004, 10:03 PM
I didn&#39;t say WW2 was the last time the draft was used, I said not SINCE Vietnam. But let&#39;s not start arguing about that.

I agree BIGG that this forumboard should be about gaming, not discussing political views.

TheMaster
i didnt say you said it, i was directing to the first post.

Caged Anger
04-08-2004, 11:07 PM
sorry to sal, didn&#39;t mean to sound immature nor did i mean to make people mad about kids posting stuff like this. It says it right in the forum info, political views. I like the guy and didn&#39;t mean to upset him or anyone else. I wrote it because I feel the way the bill is being put through without much say about to the people (yes the kids) it will affect. Many at my school didn&#39;t even realize there was such a bill. I mearly wanted to make notice of it to others. I know I would have wanted to hear it sooner because it scares the crap outta me.

Once again, very sorry to Sal for any trouble I caused. Please feel free to close or delete this thread.

TheMaster
04-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01+Apr 8 2004, 10:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ME BIGGD01 &#064; Apr 8 2004, 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin->SSC<TheMaster@Apr 8 2004, 10:03 PM

TheMaster
i didnt say you said it, i was directing to the first post. [/b][/quote]
Okay, just making sure you didn&#39;t misread my post. :P I am very critical to myself that people understand what I am saying.

Anger, you know darn well the draft was used during the Vietnam War. Perhaps you noticed all the draft-dodgers fleeing to Canada, burning their activation notices..(not to offend you) But I think Vietnam is the first thing on most peoples&#39; minds when they hear the word "draft."

TheMaster

Caged Anger
04-08-2004, 11:53 PM
yeah, said that cus we been shown nothing but movies on WWII for the past 3 days. Man, history teacher picked the ones that put you right there. guess it put a bit of a scare in me. i can&#39;t take back what i said. sorry for it. Hope i can make up for it some how...

TheMaster
04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Nononono forget it. I forgive you Anger, no apology necessary. :cool:

Once more thx for the avatar. Looks rather good on me, don&#39;t you think? :devil:

TheMaster

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Max-Pain2@Apr 8 2004, 03:33 PM
women cannot serve on the front line...cuz if they were captured they would be... :unsure: :blink:

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I am 18, and as such would be subject to the draft BUT, there is NO chance in HE&#33;&#33; that the draft will come back b/c we already have one of the biggest and the most trained militaries in the world. The gov&#39;t spends over 200 THOUSAND dollars per soldier...there is no WAY that the government would draft someone who isnt worth that 200 grand, PLUS we wouldnt need a bigger army unless we were in some kind of world war, and, not to sound arrogant, even then the US is so technologically advanced that we may not even need that many.

Besides. The Brits got our back :cool:

Ohh and should the draft come back and i DO get drafted, i wouldnt have any problems with it anyways, i would consider it a way to pay back my country for everything it has done for me.

Relax Guys...its not comin back...now like Sal said...stop posting useless crap, and think logically

I got ur back Sal :cool:

Elessar
04-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Democrats are pushing this, why? because it would look very bad for the current admin.
Republicans will have nothing to do with it. A major reason for the defense budget increase that clinton unwittingly cut back on.

solid snake295
04-09-2004, 03:21 AM
im probably not the only one thinking this but whats up BIGG? you seem to be easily agitated lately. i know some people post stuff that isnt exactly thought about for more than 3 seconds (in short: stupid post (not trying to put anyone down)) Just ignore it like everyone else... thats not the Santa i know :bawling: :P :thumbs: :drink:

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by solid snake295@Apr 8 2004, 10:21 PM
im probably not the only one thinking this but whats up BIGG? you seem to be easily agitated lately. i know some people post stuff that isnt exactly thought about for more than 3 seconds (in short: stupid post (not trying to put anyone down)) Just ignore it like everyone else... thats not the Santa i know&nbsp; :bawling:&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :thumbs:&nbsp; :drink:
notice that all of the things he seems "agitated" about are politics?

he is passionate about politics

scratch that :unsure:

Nitro
04-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01+Apr 8 2004, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ME BIGGD01 @ Apr 8 2004, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-<Asian &#045; Invasian>@Apr 8 2004, 09:47 PM
harsh my butt. this is a game forum not a political debate. i am getting sick of it. too many kids trying to discuss the world is just dumb. atleast reach puberty before discussing something so important. [/b][/quote]
Good point Bigg
No politics at a gaming forum...it just doesnt mix

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 05:26 AM
he doesnt like kids talking about politics on a game forum in the off topic section where it says, "This forum is for threads regarding subjects besides gaming." and where is used to say something to the effect of, "talk about your views on politics or what you had for lunch" the fact that they are kids almost means nothing anymore...kids are forced to grow up fast now...i always enjoyed haning out w/ adults and having mature convos at a young age...maybe they are the same way

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by NightBreed@Apr 8 2004, 04:58 PM
I think you guys are getting Selective Service and " the draft" confused... I had to register with the Selective Service back in 1980 ( :w00t: :wave: ) we all did..

Didn&#39;t mean we were being drafted though...
isnt it illegal not to?

and we still have to register today

Nitro
04-09-2004, 05:29 AM
its cuz politics and religion topics turn ugly..something that causes flames..and something that can make ppl say sth they shouldnt and get them banned

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by nitrostatic@Apr 9 2004, 12:29 AM
its cuz politics and religion topics turn ugly..something that causes flames..and something that can make ppl say sth they shouldnt and get them banned
some ppl have to control their temper...like the Under God poll that i made a couple of weeks ago...that was a civilized conversation

Nitro
04-09-2004, 05:34 AM
exactly, on that subject, and gay marraige or whatever, ppl can voice their opinions, but it very often turns ugly
like people saying they are gonna burn f@gs and the like

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 05:37 AM
i c what u are saying but it all comes down to ppl&#39;s self control in the end...they have to deal with the fact that ppl are DUM... :huh: :D :rolleyes:

solid snake295
04-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by PJ&#39;l_Master@Apr 9 2004, 01:37 AM
i c what u are saying but it all comes down to ppl&#39;s self control in the end...they have to deal with the fact that ppl are DUM... :huh: :D :rolleyes:
.... dumb has a B at the end... :online2long:

Fred Bear
04-09-2004, 06:26 AM
freedom is not free. I belive that every male that is able should serve there country for 2 years. Let the draft come and bring back the right for judges to sentance you to the military for misdomeanors :thumbs:

FUS1ON
04-09-2004, 09:00 AM
It just doesn&#39;t set well with some of us adult members off when certain younger members here talk about subjects and you are still living at home with Mom & Dad to protect you, You haven&#39;t been out in the real world to experience things as they really are for yourself and so you can form an opinion for yourself. So far, you only hear what others say and so you form your opinion off of that be it right or wrong. If you are under 21 and still ate home, You better damn well enjoy what you have now because it gets worst later on.

Also I know i&#39;ve posted in them but I also feel that threads about politics have no place on a gaming forum. There are many peeps here that have told me they feel the same way and they avoid those threads and even the OT section altogether because some of this stuff is ridiculous. Just think before you post some of this crap.

I agree this world has many bad things in it if that&#39;s all you look at but it is also a wonderful place with many wonderful things to talk about and see and things to do. Stop looking down and start looking up, You might like what you see. ;)

Dangerous Dan
04-09-2004, 09:18 AM
on the plus side these posts don&#39;t count towards post count :P

TheMaster
04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Any reason why they should? :P

TheMaster

PJ'l_Master
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by solid snake295+Apr 9 2004, 12:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (solid snake295 @ Apr 9 2004, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PJ&#39;l_Master@Apr 9 2004, 01:37 AM
i c what u are saying but it all comes down to ppl&#39;s self control in the end...they have to deal with the fact that ppl are DUM... :huh:&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :rolleyes:
.... dumb has a B at the end... :online2long: [/b][/quote]
i know...it was funny DUM...HA HA HA :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
04-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Apr 9 2004, 04:00 AM
I agree this world has many bad things in it if that&#39;s all you look at but it is also a wonderful place with many wonderful things to talk about and see and things to do. Stop looking down and start looking up, You might like what you see.&nbsp; ;)
:drink: Ahhh the voice of reason. :thumbs:

But to counter your point Shogun, I kind of like the fact that I can go to one forum for gaming and also touch on pollitics and religon. And even though some people here just talk out of their ass, at least they&#39;re showing interest in what&#39;s going on in the would, not just getting stoned and wasted. But I do feel bad for them when they go into the "real World" and find out just how f-ed up it really is.

Actually, when I first came to GM, I was drawn to a political battle between BIGG&#39;s and Mr Clean :rofl: Kind of wish Clean was here more :(