PDA

View Full Version : UT2003 vs. Serious Sam SE

HAMMER
11-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Personally, because of the overall experience of it all, I still say that Sammy was an overall better game. I know that comes as a surprise to most who consider me a UT advocate, but it's not really about UT. It's about the people. I miss jumping on a server and having everybody say "Howdy HAMMER" because we all knew each other. I play UT night after night and I'm lucky to even SEE somebody that I've seen before if they're not from here LOL It's kind of like playing single player. Sam was much more friendly and just plain more fun to me.

BUT...I like having so many different maps, and so much variety in UT. It's a hard call, but Sam bores me now because of the same old maps and same old network problems, whereas UT probably will not bore me for a long time. Plus, I'm way better at UT than I am at Sam :)

My call:
Sam gets 4.5 of 5 stars (network code sucks, too few maps, not enough variety the only drawbacks...almost the perfect game)
UT gets 4 of 5 stars (TOO many people play it, nobody knows anybody, too much like single player...but still fun)

Sam is the better game.

HAMMER
11-19-2002, 01:36 PM
But...to clarify...what may seem contrary to the previous statement is that I LIKE UT better, because it has more to offer me now. Your thoughts?

Slash
11-19-2002, 01:38 PM
You are so gay. :lol:

HAMMER
11-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Don't make me smack you down bitch. I don't want to, but you're forcing me to...

Slash
11-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Seriously though, I like UT2003- it is just so damn smooth but I feel that Sam is just more pure fun. It is fun to know the people that you are killing and are killing you. If this patch that I am testing now- (and is not even close to finished) works out and the netcode becomes even close to UT's then Sam will really have a chance to grow. Some new deathmatch maps wouldn't hurt either but I still enjoy the hell out of a full map of good players. Last night we played for about an hour with Eph, DD, Fastway, myself, Sirc, DAN_IAM, and others and it was a lot of fun. You don't get that in UT.

Slash
11-19-2002, 01:45 PM
I also like the way you move faster in Sam. I know you can adjust it in UT, but the default speed setting is somewhat slow.

HAMMER
11-19-2002, 01:45 PM
So vote in the poll bitch. I gotta hold your hand and walk you through this?

http://128.242.149.196/public/smile.gif

HAMMER
11-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Slash@Nov 19 2002, 07:45 AM
I also like the way you move faster in Sam. I know you can adjust it in UT, but the default speed setting is somewhat slow.
You know, I agree to a point: Movement is quicker in Sam, but REVERSAL is quicker in UT. You can reverse your movement much quicker in UT. For some reason there is a slight delay in Sam. This is especially helpful to an "artful dodger" like meself.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-19-2002, 02:04 PM
I voted for SSSE, even though I've been playing SSFE more often.
Serious Sam gets my vote, because of ease of play. I'm a simple man, and I like simple things. I played the demo for UT2003, and I kicked some serious butt, I actually won the first game I played (on the internet). Now mind you, I didn't know about all the "special features" you could use. I think that is a bunch of crap........only because I'm not smart enough to know how to use them. Note to young kids: Always put down things you don't understand. LOL :lol:
Anyway, I too enjoy running into other players that I'm familiar with. It makes for a real challenge, knowing that the outcome of the game might be posted for all to see. It's also more fun to get fragged by someone you "know".
I am truly a SS advocate.........I have played it since the first demo came out for SSFE. I simply love the game...and the people that play it....yeh, yeh, even the GAY ones! :wacko: :D

OUTLAWS Ada
11-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Serious sam will always come out top for me! It's what got me here in the first place and what will make me stay!

Sauron
11-19-2002, 03:01 PM
I voted for Sam cause it is the fastest and funniest FPS game i know !!!

I just like the mindless shooting on Coop games and the fast and action packed fragmatch games !!

OUTLAWS Behind You?
11-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Ada@Nov 19 2002, 08:58 AM
Serious sam will always come out top for me!  It's what got me here in the first place and what will make me stay!
Ditto..... :P :P

Grimmy
11-19-2002, 05:34 PM
I can't deside so I won't vote. I like them both about the same. Some things I don't like about UT, and there are things I don't like about Sam, and they both weigh out the same.

TheUltimateWarrior
11-19-2002, 05:39 PM
SAM 4 life!

Slice
11-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Sam=#1 UT2003 is an ok game. In my opinion it has some pretty lame weapons. I don't like any of the lightning weapons, they suck. And that plasma ball thing drives me crazy. I think the graphics are very cool for UT2003, but as far as fun factor Sam all the way.

Sirc
11-19-2002, 07:26 PM
I've only played the UT demo, and people say that it sucked compared to the retail version. So I can't really make an honest decision. But even with the netcode problems I still love SS DM. So far I've not played any other game that can touch it as far as speed and fun goes.

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-19-2002, 08:35 PM
LOL. 15 to 0.

I voted for Sam too. Even though I strayed from Sam for a little while I'm back now!

death maker
11-19-2002, 08:39 PM
serious sam 2 because this is actualy my first, first person shooter ive even played online.... hey gota start some time

OUTLAWS Tip
11-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Definately Sam for me.
The eye candy of UT is cool, but I don't enjoy it half as much.
I only play UT if nobody is around, or I am pinging too bad to play Sam.
B)

Mr Clean
11-19-2002, 11:35 PM
I liked it better when Hammer had left the boards.... :D

FASTway
11-20-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Slash@Nov 19 2002, 05:43 AM
Last night we played for about an hour with Eph, DD, Fastway, myself, Sirc, DAN_IAM, and others and it was a lot of fun.
Twas fun last night.

I only play UT instagib...it rules.
SAM for deathmatch by a freaking mile.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Nov 19 2002, 06:35 PM
I liked it better when Hammer had left the boards.... :D
ROFL

Fastway
I agree with you.
UT instagib is great.

Sauron