PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiousity...

HAMMER
11-25-2002, 12:06 AM
What the hell are you guys referring to when you say "no aliases"?

Arent we all using aliases? My real name is Bob. Must I play as Bob?

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell somebody what they can and cannot name themselves in a game. I know you want to know who you're playing, but sometimes people want to play without being bothered. This community is like Mayberry....everybody knows everybody else. I get sick of playing 64 questions every time I play, so I play as an alias on occasion.

If somebody gives me a hard time for playing as a name I choose, then I will not visit their server anymore.

The problem here is the people that ABUSE this idea. They change every game just for the sake of being annoying. I'm a player in good standing with this community, and I choose to use an alias for a reason of my own.

Let's just say I'm not as out of practice at Sam as everybody thinks I am :)

Slice
11-25-2002, 12:15 AM
Good to meet you Bob. :) I am guilty of also using an alias lately. Sometimes I want to play without anyone knowing who I am. I don't see anything wrong with it. I used to think it was not a good idea, but now I think it really doesn't matter. Sometimes I like playing other great players who are also disquised with an alias and then try to guess who it was. I usually just pm the person and ask them. I think that if somebody uses an alias then plasters their wins in public screenshots section that is unsportsman like. When I play and people ask who I am in game, I don't answer or talk at all during games. I just like to play and be carefree sometimes.

MR. SLiK
11-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER@Nov 24 2002, 04:06 PM
Arent we all using aliases? My real name is Bob. Must I play as Bob?
Yes or will flay thee alive, wench!

Snip3r
11-25-2002, 12:21 AM
:) Well said HAMMER :)

THUMBS
11-25-2002, 12:24 AM
Go hammer-go hammer...hammer time, can't touch this...hehe, just couldn't help myself.
:rolleyes:

OUTLAWS Spike
11-25-2002, 12:30 AM
GG GM Hammer and Thumbs a min. ago.
See if you were using an alias I wouldn't have been able to tell you that cause I wouldn't have known who the heck y'all were.

OUTLAWS Spike
11-25-2002, 12:30 AM
just use your game name and be done with it...lol

Dangerous Dan
11-25-2002, 12:52 AM
those are exactly my thoughts on aliases

THUMBS
11-25-2002, 01:00 AM
I agree....alias is just not good, yes we all do have one, I donot go by my real name...go figure. But once you pick a name then stick with it. That was a good Spike...its been a while since i won a game.

Gun Element
11-25-2002, 01:05 AM
I dont really care, but if people dont like the no alias rule then Ill hate it too. :)

FASTway
11-25-2002, 01:14 AM
Ok, from now on I will only use one playing name....
"The Freak"

OUTLAWS Spike
11-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Nice to meet ya Freak...lol

OUTLAWS Spike
11-25-2002, 03:12 AM
Very well said Slash :D :D :D

Grimmy
11-25-2002, 04:44 AM
My thoughts on aliases, if you have to use then, then you disrespect your clan. I don't care if you are "warming up" or not. Every body has bad days, or might be a little slow when first starting, but if you don't have the balls to wear your tags warming up, then I say don't wear them at all!

Rivers
11-25-2002, 05:26 AM
I agree with Grimmy. My clan may be little and almost dead but I always use the same tags even if I haven't played in a while or if people start bad mouthing me. I can kinda see why you would want to though.............kinda.

HAMMER
11-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Nov 24 2002, 10:44 PM
My thoughts on aliases, if you have to use then, then you disrespect your clan. I don't care if you are "warming up" or not. Every body has bad days, or might be a little slow when first starting, but if you don't have the balls to wear your tags warming up, then I say don't wear them at all!
I have no clan to disrespect. My reasons are clear: There are too many bad attitudes playing the game. I have built a name for myself in this game, which unfortunately follows me wherever I go. I take a lot of sh*t from people which is aggravating, especially when I just want to play for a couple of hours while goofing off. I don't care to uphold a name, but apparently other people do. I was really rusty after taking off so long, and just didn't feel like chatting about it. Sometimes I just want to jump on and be a "nameless face" and play the game, not having to say anything to anybody :)

Not all the time though...

Names I have played as in recent days:
Hobart
Bozo
Bimbo
KillerTwinkie

I'm probably done with the aliases for a while, since I have my groove back for the most part, but still, if some afternoon comes where there is a lot of sh*t-talking, and people are generally being irritating, I might jump in as some other name so as to avoid the conversation.

Slash
11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Geeze, you are such a homo! How bout them Rams! How bout them Texans! Just join as Butt Pirate, we will know who you are! :P

Grimmy
11-25-2002, 07:09 PM
At times, aliases are ok, like if there is someone flaming and that stuff towards you, but to use on to warm up, or you are having a bad day, I think is no excuse.

Slice
11-25-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Nov 24 2002, 08:05 PM
I dont really care, but if people dont like the no alias rule then Ill hate it too. :)
Hmm..... Gun are you striving to be a "yes" man when you get older? :rolleyes:

HAMMER
11-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Nov 25 2002, 01:09 PM
At times, aliases are ok, like if there is someone flaming and that stuff towards you, but to use on to warm up, or you are having a bad day, I think is no excuse.
So? Heh...whether you think it's an excuse certainly doesn't make me sweat. If I want to use one, I do.

Phuk y'all!

My alias should be "PhukYall"

I prefer UT anyway ya buncha losers! :)

TNT Tonic
11-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER+Nov 25 2002, 02:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HAMMER @ Nov 25 2002, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Grimmy@Nov 25 2002, 01:09 PM
So? Heh...whether you think it&#39;s an excuse certainly doesn&#39;t make me sweat. If I want to use one, I do.

Phuk y&#39;all&#33;

My alias should be "PhukYall"

I prefer UT anyway ya buncha losers&#33; :)[/b][/quote]
That wasn&#39;t very nice Hammer&#33; :( I am going to curl up in a ball and cry now&#33;

HAMMER
11-25-2002, 09:12 PM
Aw, I&#39;m just being silly. I got nuttin but love fo ya...nuttin but love&#33;

HAMMER
11-25-2002, 09:13 PM
Besides...I can&#39;t give up Sam...Sam RoxZorZZ