PDA

View Full Version : It's about time for a SS tournament.

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-25-2002, 02:03 AM
I know we tried this one time and it never happened but I think it is time. Maybe we can talk SAS into taking charge of it again. I'll even try to round up some prizes!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-25-2002, 02:04 AM
Sounds like a great idea.
I'll help out anyway i can.

Slice
11-25-2002, 02:04 AM
Ok, but just make it sometime after Wednesday. :)

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 02:47 AM
yes after next week, NO NAMES!!!!!!!! it is clan against clan not the two best players from each clan playing, how bout 3 on 3, team play, on snips no powerups maps, all weapons, every member in every clan must play or the clan forfeits,,,,, one week or two weeks,,,, winner to be based on hours played and fraggs, to produce an average,,,, with penietys for not making a game,,,, sounds fair, some clans will have to play more than others,,,, maybe a handicap can be made for them........... :rolleyes:

OUTLAWS Spike
11-25-2002, 02:57 AM
Sorry Justin my wife doesn&#39;t play SSSE or SSFE. So I guess the whole idea about EVERY member of a CLAN must play is out. <_<

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-25-2002, 03:02 AM
No names sounds interesting.

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 03:03 AM
or you forfeit....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean that all the players need to play and just not machine or hammer,,,,, or buckshot and Slice,,,,,, or me and whocares, in other words no hot shots shooting for the clan,,,,,,, we can do ser warped ctf,,,, or ut2003 team deathmatch..........just ideas,,,, i&#39;m ready for dsl..... :D

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Nov 24 2002, 10:02 PM
No names sounds interesting.
that&#39;s becuse I wrote it in caps....... :lol: ......... ips can be tracked with ASE so the same players are not hogging the games........ :rolleyes:

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 05:09 AM
thats why you run with no names............ :huh:

TheUltimateWarrior
11-25-2002, 06:46 AM
I would love to play in a tournament

SASQUATCH
11-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Nov 24 2002, 09:03 PM
I know we tried this one time and it never happened but I think it is time. Maybe we can talk SAS into taking charge of it again. I&#39;ll even try to round up some prizes&#33;

I would consider it.

GM Tournaments - First Round - (Two from each division goes to the next round)
----------------------------------------
First Round A Division w/ 6 players

First Round B Division w/ 6 players

First Round C Division w/ 6 Players

First Round D Division w/ 6 players

First Round E Division w/ 6 players

First Round F Division w/ 6 players
-----------------------------------------

GM Tournament - Second Round (Two from each division goes to the next round)
-----------------------------------------
Second Round A division 6 Players

Second Round B division 6 Players

Second Round C division 6 Players
------------------------------------------

GM Tournament - Final Rounds
Final Rounds 6 Players

Let&#39;s wait after Thanksgiving day to pass. I will need three to four volunteers to help me this time ok.

SASQUATCH

Static
11-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Is this for clans only?
not that i could play anyway as i don&#39;t even have a proper connection :)

Diablo
11-25-2002, 11:26 AM
I&#39;m game...Even though yall are all to good i&#39;ll try cause i love tournaments

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 12:07 PM
I suggest we go to an outside group to set this up,,, this will keep it inpartial and fair,,,,,,, someplace like:

HERE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.clanladder.com)

or another group that does this stuff,,,, I will let our admins e-mail them to see if they will do it,,,, I would but it might carry more weight if we let the people who run this board ask........ a task has been set.. :)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Sas,

Please take care of this for us.
You did it once before.
Give it a try my friend. :D

Diablo
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Sounds good

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
I would prefer SAS to handle it along with a couple volunteers to help him. And if it is going to be a team thing then maybe we could draw partners to make it fair.

Diablo
11-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Yea,I would love to be one of those partners :D

TheUltimateWarrior
11-25-2002, 12:26 PM
I think all my clanmates will join the tournament
so my clanmates plus me
is 4 people :D

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 12:26 PM
SAS is a good choice, then maybe one person from each clan can be on the set up team, the reason to use the clanladder site is the tracking and dispute claims. what is gonna be the rules for f9&#39;s????? and a whole list of other issues, and think of this forum growing with new members wanting to play tourneys in sam coming from that site, we need to get the gamemecca name out to more people, we need fresh new players to gib,,,,we need a god damn patch.......... and I need more coffee.... :D

SASQUATCH
11-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Everyone will be invited to play on this tournament.

It will not matter if we have 6 OUTLAWS in one division.

However, it would be wise to have each clan with two players to
compete in one division. I will leave that up to the clans. Now for the non clan,
you are all invited to play in this tournament ok.

I just downloaded sniper no powerup maps, so I would rather use those maps ok.
Also it will be in Hard mode to play not serious mode. This will be a true skill tournament
and I think we will enjoy the fun. Thanksgiving day is around the corner so let us wait until it passess
before doing so ok guys. I will device a plan for the games and would like to share it with my volunteers
who would be interested in helping out.

Let&#39;s do it right this time ok and there will be no excusses.
We are going to begin with A division first before going into B division.

I want to do it right and to make sure that this will work.

I will post a thread after the thanksgiving and the first 6 players to signup
will start the first match the following weekend.

How does that sound girls. j/k lol

SAS

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 12:38 PM
cool, for all players and not just clans,,,, but lets have a clan tourny,,,, and what are you thinking is a division??????? what I think you are gonna wind up with is the best player in SS,,,,,, I won&#39;t play in that kind of tournament,,,,, straight up clan against clan would mean more and be more fun,,,, sorry to say it like i see it.... but it won&#39;t work...

SASQUATCH
11-25-2002, 01:37 PM
It will work as long as it stays focus but we should just consider all the possiblities before making any decisions ok.

Remeber this is suppose to be fun not about who is the best but only to enjoy betweens all players.

SAS

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 02:00 PM
I guess I am thinking of something else,,,, win or lose it&#39;s still fun to play,,,,, what I am thinking is a clan tournament,,,, like what is played in other games and clans,,, if you check out the link I poasted on page one you will see what i&#39;m talking about.... :)

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Ok we can have 2 tournaments.

SAS you are in charge of the "Every man for himself" tournament and Justncredible - you are in charge of the Clan vs Clan tournament. Recruit all the help you need and go for it&#33;

Justncredible
11-25-2002, 02:39 PM
ain&#39;t gonna be able to do it........ that&#39;s why I said for the admins here to talk to the clanladder people,,,, to many rules and stuff to set up,,, they have it done already, are unbiased, track the players and games, we can try to wing it by ourseleves,,,, I do not have the capibility to set it up right,,,, I would guess no one here does,,,, unless we can design a programm to track the ips and players, and the score........... :)

Intense Fury
11-27-2002, 02:18 AM
man good luck guys i just wish i had serious sam 2 i am so mad and i don&#39;t know where to get it at

SASQUATCH
11-27-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Justncredible@Nov 25 2002, 09:39 AM
ain&#39;t gonna be able to do it........ that&#39;s why I said for the admins here to talk to the clanladder people,,,, to many rules and stuff to set up,,, they have it done already, are unbiased, track the players and games, we can try to wing it by ourseleves,,,, I do not have the capibility to set it up right,,,, I would guess no one here does,,,, unless we can design a programm to track the ips and players, and the score........... :)
Justncredible

It can be done but it will require some planning. Let&#39;s start off slow and only decide on one tournament.
We can then go on to the next tournament.

For now we should consider the rules that everyone would agree on before entering the tournament.

SAS

Intense Fury
11-27-2002, 02:42 AM
i know that tournament will rule :D

Justncredible
11-27-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH+Nov 26 2002, 09:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SASQUATCH @ Nov 26 2002, 09:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Justncredible@Nov 25 2002, 09:39 AM
Justncredible

It can be done but it will require some planning. Let&#39;s start off slow and only decide on one tournament.
We can then go on to the next tournament.

For now we should consider the rules that everyone would agree on before entering the tournament.

SAS[/b][/quote]
SAS, since the admins of this site will not contact another major gaming site I will contact them and ask if clanladder will do it,,, that is what they do,,,,, no planning for it,,, they agree and we show up and play, they track it and declare the winner, they have programs wrote for it, they host tournaments for big LANs and other games,,,,,,,, I will not play in a single winner game,,,, I am part of the best clan playing and will not play for myself,,,, I was hopeing for some leardership from the admins on this,,,, we have 313 members right now,,,,, if i&#39;m the only one who will ask then I will do it,,,,,, and expect the GODS to help clanladder get this to happen,,, just like the badass logo gamemecca has,,,, and the post count........... :angry:

yeah I&#39;m not happy

Ra\/en
11-27-2002, 03:30 AM
im ready to kick arse.

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-27-2002, 03:52 AM
I simply do not have the time to deal with it. If someone gets a tournament together I will be happy to play in it.

Slice
11-27-2002, 03:57 AM
Easy Justin. I think that we should take a look at what you are suggesting.

I am not sure about the division thing that Sas is suggesting though? How are you going to make divisions if we invite all people?

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-27-2002, 04:00 AM
What would be cool is to have 3 vs 3 matches with the teams being drawn at random.

Dangerous Dan
11-27-2002, 04:01 AM
yeah, i like that idea Machine

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-27-2002, 04:05 AM
Let&#39;s look into what Justn is looking at.
See what they got offer.

Slice
11-27-2002, 04:06 AM
That sounds good. Random is much better. :)

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-27-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by WHOCARES@Nov 26 2002, 11:05 PM
Let&#39;s look into what Justn is looking at.
See what they got offer.
Go for it.

Strider
11-27-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Nov 27 2002, 04:00 AM
What would be cool is to have 3 vs 3 matches with the teams being drawn at random.
thats a great idea. So taht way all the best players are divided up evenly and the teams would be fair. we should do it that way.

Grimmy
11-27-2002, 08:34 AM
Just a thought, I have though about making a tournament. In a nutshell, it is like playing card, euchure, 2 tables of 4, meaning 2 vs 2 you and a partner. You play a map, then you add your score (frags) and your partners frags together and write them down. Then you change partners. Keep doing this till you have had all 7 other players as a partner. Then you add up all the scores of you and your partner and who has the highest is the winner. So it doesn&#39;t matter how you play or who your partner is, if you do well, then it averages out and the best player comes out ahead.

Now I know we have lots of people here, so it would take some time. 8 players at a time, and then take like the top so many, (if we have huge participants, then like the top 2 or 1) and they advance into the next round.

Hope that explains my thoughts a little bit. Again, this is just my idea of a tournament, getting to play with others, having fun, and it averages out if you have a bad day.

Justncredible
11-27-2002, 01:08 PM
ok this is the e-mail I just sent to the clantourney / clanladder group, I do not feel comfortable doing this, I am not in a postion to work out the details of promoteing the clangroup site here in gamemecca,,, anyway any response I get I will post, they already have a set up for UT2003, maybe we can get a -=GM=- against the CTI, RDH, HEL clans match in UT going as well,,,, anyway here is the e-mail I sent:

Hello, please respond to this e-mail at: removed for hacker reasons

HI, my name is Justin, I come from the GODS clan in www.gamemecca.net we are a serious sam second encounter group of clans, with 300+ members in the forums, we also have a UT2003 clan named -=GM=-. We have been in discussion on the topic of a clan against clan tournament for SS SE, we are hardcore gamers that have been playing SS SE for quite some time, a tournament has never been done. Gamemecca has several servers up for UT2003 and SS SE, and we are growing. We can set up the tournament ourseleves or partner with a group like clantourney, in which I think both parties will benefit from. I am requesting more information about what we can do together to make a succesful and fun tournament for our community. You may respond to the above e-mail address or come to gamemecca.net and post a reply in the generel section.

Thank you for your time,

Justin H.

Buckshot
11-27-2002, 01:28 PM
ok guys , sounds like fun , let me know when
and where , I&#39;ll be there

Mr Clean
12-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Just, did you ever get a response to your email???

SASQUATCH
12-03-2002, 03:25 PM
I think it&#39;s a good idea Justncredible what your doing but I will continue my approach for now until I see
that it can be done here before going elsewhere. If it does workout on your end, then I will support you
but at this time I like to get this small tournament going for next month.

SAS

Haba
12-03-2002, 03:49 PM
I didn&#39;t read all replies here, but do you play custom maps? :D :P
[/shameless plug]

SASQUATCH
12-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Haba@Dec 3 2002, 10:49 AM
I didn&#39;t read all replies here, but do you play custom maps? :D :P
[/shameless plug]
Yes we do Haba and would like to see more maps with only shotguns and no powerups but Sniper did make a few powerless maps for us and shotty maps, which I may use for the tournament. Of cause later I like to get more maps on team frag match. (CTF)

Haba
12-03-2002, 06:25 PM
OoOoOh that&#39;s nice to hear.:)