PDA

View Full Version : router suck!

Grimmy
11-27-2002, 08:44 AM
so don't buy one! I just got off the phone, after being on it as soon as I got home to find out why it wasn't working. Found something very interesting out, I have XP, and 2 log in names, one works fine, but the other (of course mine) won't let me connect to the net. So I called D Link, just to have them tell me it was a security issue with XP, and to call Microsoft. Well another hour on the phone, hitting buttons to talk to a human, they tell me to contact Dell. This is where it was fun :angry: they have different devisions, and I talk to one, they can't help, they give me a number with an extesion, I call them. They give me another number and extension. O don't forget, the whole time I was on hold for about 20-30 minutes each call, and the numerous times that someone picked up and hung up, or after so many rings it would tell me I was disconnected and to call again. I ended up calling the number to buy a new Dell, and demanded to talk to tech support, and I used my nicest voice possible "F*ucking give me a human on tecy support biotch!" :lol: Then it was on to another number and they told me to call the software devision, but they are closed and have hours.

So, after all the good helpful tecy ****, I call D Link back, to talk to someone with a brain. In the mean time I messed with some settings and got it to work myself, and he confirmed it.

WHEWWWWWW I need a beer, maybe a whole case of it and some shots!! Who's buying?? Wanna cheap piece of **** router??

TheUltimateWarrior
11-27-2002, 09:37 AM
DUDE THAT SUCKS!!!!!

TheUltimateWarrior
11-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Nov 27 2002, 09:44 AM
Wanna cheap piece of **** router??
LOL :D

OUTLAWS The Machine
11-27-2002, 12:01 PM
Have you installedd service pack 1 yet? Not sure if that would fix it though. I don't use the Winblows log on feature.

Sirc
11-27-2002, 04:48 PM
LOL! Good times! :lol:

I have never had any problems with my LinkSys router. I bet that's really what you wanted to hear at this point, huh Grimmy? :rolleyes: :lol:

Goober
11-27-2002, 06:04 PM
I also have a Linksys router....and after finally getting my forwarding worked out I haven't had any problems with it....
It will be a cold day in hell before I call tech help of any kind....Most of them just read from a book and probably know less than you do.
I find I get quicker and more accurate answers here on the forums.

Buckshot
11-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Linksys rule lol to bad Grimmy !!!

Grimmy
11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Nov 27 2002, 07:01 AM
Have you installedd service pack 1 yet? Not sure if that would fix it though. I don't use the Winblows log on feature.
Yes I have all the SP. When I log in, it checks for updates and lets me know. As for the login, it is just a click, have 2 accounts, one for me and one for my roommate. But I am thinking this weekend I will delete this account and make another one. I still can't get IE to save the cookie for here so that I don't have to login all the time. Just will have to write a lot of crap down, and burn stuff to CD that I need to keep and such.

Sirc :angry:

I think I have figured it out now, or atleast got it working. I didn't have to do anything to it this morning, it worked fine. What I did was go into my network places and view all connections, and the top one was internet, and it was disabled, but I could ping places. Anyway, I right clicked and went to properties and then settings, and there was like 7-8 thinks in there. Not knowing what they were, I wanted to connect to the internet so I check virtual server http. Then it worked, so I logged out, and in on the other account, his account worked like it always did so I went in to that window again, but from his account and I unchecked that box, logged in as me, still working. So I did a restart, and it still worked, and this morning still going. Next time this POS (piece of, well you know the rest) gives me any hassle, out the freaking window it goes!

Machine, what is your number so I can call you next time I have problems? Hope you don't go to bed early lol :lol: B)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-27-2002, 11:24 PM
To avoid the nonsense I just use a hub.

Drunken Warrior
11-29-2002, 03:08 PM
That's funny I never had any problems with my DLink. Oh well better you than me, right? ;)