PDA

View Full Version : Spammers

pepper
12-01-2002, 06:37 AM
It seems lately that everybody is spamming. We have alot of new comers to the games and all they do is spam. It makes for a very fustrating game and I usaully just stop trying. We need some dedicated servers where this can't happen. I know I am whinnying but dam't I am just tired of it. Sure if your in a bind I can see throwing some gerandes to get out it; but just chunking them for the hell of it is not right. Is there somewhere we can play and invite just honest players who want to play for the kill not just the win.

:angry: :angry:

Dangerous Dan
12-01-2002, 06:38 AM
i know the pain Pepper, the serious dificulty on the servers only encourage it as well :(

Ra\/en
12-01-2002, 06:40 AM
you just gotta laugh when a ripe juicy tomato blows up in your face :lol: \

i forget who compared it to that.. but its funny :lol:

pepper
12-01-2002, 06:42 AM
That is funny when its put that way. ;)

FASTway
12-01-2002, 07:38 AM
HA HA can't take the action?
Try tourist level.

Troop
12-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by FASTway@Dec 1 2002, 02:38 AM
HA HA can't take the action?
Try tourist level.
ooh, funny........lol :lol:

.Excalibur.
12-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Well. Is spammingn only throwing granates??? I use granates a lot. Because they fly faster and you cant see them flyng at you. But isnt shooting rockets spamming. and using power ups. I know player whos 85% of the game under power ups. I dont mind of it. Only i hate is cannon lamers. Is normal game only fighting whit knifes. If you are good your never die because of spamming. example dragonwarrior, cheops etc. At last everybody try stay alive and kill as much as they can. How you imagine play little trouble. Its so hard to play not shooting granates or rockets if 5-6 players is in same place. If you dont kill them then they kill you.
Sorry about my english but try understand

Troop
12-01-2002, 07:52 AM
You know what was scarier than your avatar?...It's that I actually understood what you said Excalibur :P

.Excalibur.
12-01-2002, 07:52 AM
thats what i think.

.Excalibur.
12-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Ok tell us about your vision of "normal game" (and fare). What sould i do in the game how may i kill you that you would be satisfied.

Sirc
12-01-2002, 07:59 AM
LOL! That picture has always freaked me out. ICK! :lol:

But yes, I agree that spamming is part of the game. I don't always like it, and if I am doing well and get hit by a bunch of spam you'll probably hear me complain about it, but that's life. Everyone else in the game has to put up with the same thing, so if you don't come out on top, then you really can't blame the spamming. :)

But then I'm not usually worried about preserving a perfect game. Okay, I'm never worried about that. :rolleyes:

Troop
12-01-2002, 08:13 AM
First, please define spamming. If you throw grenades 'cause you see players duking it out and you throw down some grenades, is that spamming? Or if someone is following you with a knife and you lay down a minefield, is that considered spamming? Or if you throw a grenade directly at your opponent , is that spamming? I think too many players equate the grenade launcher with spamming 'cause it can be an effective weapon. But with all weapons, you can learn to avoid the grenades and not get caught in the spamming debate. It's all part of this lovely game...

Grimmy
12-01-2002, 08:21 AM
I think if you are a well enough player, you know the spamming spots. Me, I try to avoid those as much as possible when I know someone is spamming that area. I know where they are doing it from, and I try to work my way there to frag there ass before someone else gets there. It all comes down to how much you know the maps, and how much skill you have against it. Yea, I hate spamming, but the more you play against it, the better of a player it makes you.

My 2 cents worth!

MR. SLiK
12-01-2002, 08:37 AM
Spamming - when someone repeatedly just hucks grenades/rockets in one area. Now the reason why the grenades are annoying cause when they explode along with others, theyll blow up the others, having the damage + radius multiplied, making your chances 99% of dying.

Ra\/en
12-01-2002, 09:09 AM
Leon= my hero.

TheUltimateWarrior
12-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Spammers screw up my perfects all the time

I cant stand it when i have more then 30 kills and 0 deaths
and i jump on a grenade that i couldnt see
or a random grenade just hits me

Often the spammers laugh at me cause they ****ed up my perfect!

.Excalibur.
12-01-2002, 12:01 PM
LOL **** happens but you can manage it. 30/1 or 30/3 is not so bad or what

TheUltimateWarrior
12-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by .Excalibur.@Dec 1 2002, 01:01 PM
LOL **** happens but you can manage it. 30/1 or 30/3 is not so bad or what
it is when you already have 35-0
and jump on a grenade!

Casanova
12-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Dec 1 2002, 02:13 PM
it is when you already have 35-0
and jump on a grenade!
I know the feeling :(
It DAMN ****ING SUCKS!!!!

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 01:43 PM
damn I will hand out some tissues,,,, the laser is the best for spamming,,,, just mow down the whole field,,,,, grenades are okay but you have to be careful not to bounce them back on ya,,,,, rockets blow up in your face,,,,, if you use the sniper rifle you get called a camper,,,,, and by the way,,, since day one of SS DM,,,, and I mean in FE,,,, people have cried and whined about camping and spamming and lag,,,, all it is, is an excuse for dieing

I died becuz so and so camps and spammed me,,,,, no the truth is,,, you died becuz you got careless and you suck,,,, you did not get a perfect game cuz you ran into a grenade,,,, and the other player had the skill to throw it at you, or to lay down a wall of poppers for you to run careless into...

hell on UT they give you the best spammer tool,,,, called the redeemer,,,, on UT they let you spam 3 rockets at once,,,,,, on jedi knight II you get a bolt thrower that has a hella rapid fire rate, and you can see thru walls and plant mines....

what I am seeing alot of is whining about 200 pings,,, whining about a few grenades,,,,, whining about power ups,,,,, anything to blame your deaths on,,,,, the thing is you WILL die playing this game,,,, perfects are rare,,,, I will not allow anyone i'm playing get a perfect,,,,, I might get only one frag in but it is earned

people stop complaining, enjoy the game, have fun, prepare to be fragged and to frag.................................. :) :) :) :) :)

TheUltimateWarrior
12-01-2002, 01:52 PM
You say it takes skill to spam!

Leon must be the greatest player in your book!!

Perfects are not too rare
I think I must have at least 40 now
even more with 1 death

most of those 1 deaths are by grenades
people just fire them in any room, and I happen to be there
thats not skill
that's hoping for someone to jump on your grenade

Slice
12-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by pepper@Dec 1 2002, 01:37 AM
It seems lately that everybody is spamming. We have alot of new comers to the games and all they do is spam. It makes for a very fustrating game and I usaully just stop trying. We need some dedicated servers where this can't happen. I know I am whinnying but dam't I am just tired of it. Sure if your in a bind I can see throwing some gerandes to get out it; but just chunking them for the hell of it is not right. Is there somewhere we can play and invite just honest players who want to play for the kill not just the win.

:angry: :angry:
When did you become the non-spammer? If I remember correctly a while back before you joined, you were mentioned in a thread as one of the biggest spammers. In fact that is all you used to do was spam grenades in Hole, Fortress and Little Trouble. So now that you decide to use other weapons and play with a strategy everyone else is a spammer. Way to call the kettle black my friend. :rolleyes:

Morpheus
12-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Slice+Dec 1 2002, 09:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Dec 1 2002, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pepper@Dec 1 2002, 01:37 AM
It seems lately that everybody is spamming. We have alot of new comers to the games and all they do is spam. It makes for a very fustrating game and I usaully just stop trying. We need some dedicated servers where this can&#39;t happen. I know I am whinnying but dam&#39;t I am just tired of it. Sure if your in a bind I can see throwing some gerandes to get out it; but just chunking them for the hell of it is not right. Is there somewhere we can play and invite just honest players who want to play for the kill not just the win. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

:angry: &nbsp;:angry:
When did you become the non-spammer? If I remember correctly a while back before you joined, you were mentioned in a thread as one of the biggest spammers. In fact that is all you used to do was spam grenades in Hole, Fortress and Little Trouble. So now that you decide to use other weapons and play with a strategy everyone else is a spammer. Way to call the kettle black my friend. :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
yeah man, me slice and snip3r were in a game and you ruined me and snip3r&#39;s second place and third place by spamming us from like 18-4 to 19-32. :angry:

BTW Black kettles suck Purple kettles rule&#33;

Drunken Warrior
12-01-2002, 03:26 PM
To spam or not to spam this "IS" the question.

When in Rome........ ;)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I will admit that I spam everyone in awhile.
Heck in Hole whrn you got no weapon and you respawn near the gernades it&#39;s sooooo
hard to resist tossing 5 or 6 down that way. :D
But, I hardly ever do it.
So if that makes me a spammer so be it then. :D

666vicious666
12-01-2002, 05:06 PM
Spam is alright only when taken into moderation...

pepper
12-01-2002, 07:21 PM
True I used to spam alot and I seen how it made everbody miserable playing the game. I have changed and went a differnet way. I was just letting my feelings known. Sorry if I upset anyone(slice). I was just wondering if there could be a dedicated server that spamming is not possiable. The spamming I am talking about is just letting the gerandes fly randomly. I dont think you can call it spamming if you just use your weapon of choice into a room where a group of players are at; thats part of the game. Example last night in a game there was this player that the whole game all they did was throw gerandes, it was very fustrating. Back to original question is there a dedicated server where people play for the kill not the win?

P.S. Slice you are good player and I respect that. So if your think I suck so bad that I can not win with out spamming I challange you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

OUTLAWS Spike
12-01-2002, 07:23 PM
hmmm :lol:

OUTLAWS Ada
12-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior: You also have to realise what absolute pleasure it gives some of us to throw a load of grenades and see you walk into them and ruin your perfect score. It makes me ROFL and gives me a lovely warm feeling inside. So don&#39;t feel bad. One man&#39;s misery is another girls joy&#33; :D

Sauron
12-01-2002, 07:25 PM
i have to admit that i spam too but only if i get the Grenade Launcher in Lost Tomb (whats maybe 1 time in ten lost tomb games :) ) &#33;&#33; but then i love to spam grenades everywhere but mostly to clean the romm b4 i enter :)

pepper
12-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Fire slayer DOA I like your response. So you think I ruined your game you havent seen nothing yet. All I heard one night was o know theres pepper to ruin another game and I was not even spamming that night.
Since all the responses that got back slamming me I think I might just go back to my ways when your in the room and just make your day miserable.

Slice
12-01-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by pepper@Dec 1 2002, 02:21 PM
True I used to spam alot and I seen how it made everbody miserable playing the game. I have changed and went a differnet way. I was just letting my feelings known. Sorry if I upset anyone(slice). I was just wondering if there could be a dedicated server that spamming is not possiable. The spamming I am talking about is just letting the gerandes fly randomly. I dont think you can call it spamming if you just use your weapon of choice into a room where a group of players are at; thats part of the game. Example last night in a game there was this player that the whole game all they did was throw gerandes, it was very fustrating. Back to original question is there a dedicated server where people play for the kill not the win?

P.S. Slice you are good player and I respect that. So if your think I suck so bad that I can not win with out spamming I challange you&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Oh you didn&#39;t upset me; I just think it is funny for people to start a thread who are the biggest abusers of what they state. Also known as a hypocrite. I could care less who spams and who doesn&#39;t. I do what I need to do to win. I accept your challenge; I pick the map Little Trouble since you challenged me. Let me know when. :)

OPTIMOOSE
12-01-2002, 08:56 PM
LEON is my HERO ALSO&#33;

He is the NUMBER 1 spammer.. although i dont really call him a spammer anymore because he has it down to a fine art&#33; Its amazing what leon can do with some gernades&#33;

OPTIMOOSE
12-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Theres nothing wrong with pepper..

just played him he plays a good game&#33;

Ra\/en
12-01-2002, 09:04 PM
It takes skills to hit somebody dead on with a grenade. the purpose of grenades is to clear out areas.

i spam excessivly on red station. i love it.

but i also pretty much ONLY use a shotgun on lost tomb..... i couldnt care less what people playing styles are.

WHINERS&#33; :P

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-01-2002, 09:04 PM
To each his own.

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 09:08 PM
so hows it hanging there whocares?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OUTLAWS Spike
12-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Oh SliceLinky (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=32&t=3761&st=0&#entry60844)

Slice
12-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS &#036;pike@Dec 1 2002, 04:14 PM
Oh SliceLinky (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=32&t=3761&st=0&#entry60844)
LOL, oh well till then I guess. :rolleyes:

Grimmy
12-01-2002, 09:49 PM
spam rules&#33;&#33;

pepper
12-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks Prime for not slamming me. Just thought this might be a hot topic but I guess not just mad me look like an a**, but I dont care. :D :D :D

Buckshot
12-01-2002, 10:08 PM
I&#39;m with Grimmy , spam rules , if players are going to use powerups then
i&#39;m gonna spam my heart out . But then again you know how I feel .

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 10:15 PM
Well I remember when Fire Slay3r and Slice and me were in Little Trouble,Slice was kicking asss, I was in second place,then All I see is pepper right above the Grenade Launcher on the roof throwing spamming grenades at us. Thats when I kept calling him..uh..bad names..Aneeyhoo,Spamming is awesome as long as u keep it under control. For example if the whole GODS clan was in LT and they were where the Double Shotty is, I would take a Grenade Launcher and blow the living Potatoes outta them,Spam my brains out. Thats reasonable. Whats not reasonable is if u stand on the roof in LT and just throw Grenades EVERYWHERE u dont even aim u just sit there move ur mouse around and click as fast as u can.Ok I had to get that out. And I admit it, I camp in Red Station, I go under the alias "I need To Practice My Aim" And grab the Sniper rifle and snipe as many ppl I can. I usually win the game, ask Justin,I can snipe people good, so I use my talent wisely. I think Red station is meant for camping. OK u can all bash me for my aliases now :P

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 10:15 PM
yeah,,,,, if someone has a lower ping than me I will spam,,,, in the forums and in the games,,,,,,,, :D :D :D

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 10:17 PM
and yep snip is a sniper,,,,,, what can be said????..... :D :D :D

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Justncredible@Dec 1 2002, 05:17 PM
and yep snip is a sniper,,,,,, what can be said????..... :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Justn-----&#62; :ph34r: http://www.opelwerk.com/smiley-project/animated/war-smilies/awm2.gif

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 10:21 PM
it was the lag and you spamming the sniper rounds....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Suuuurrrreeee it was.... Even better smilie http://www.opelwerk.com/smiley-project/animated/bad-smilies/xyxpeace.gif

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 10:27 PM
you were rapid fireing the rifle,,,,,,, shooting all over and just hoping to hit me ,,,again and again.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,,, what could I do????? damn sniper rounds hitting the ground all around me.... :lol: :lol: :lol: SPAMMER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Slice
12-01-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 1 2002, 05:15 PM
Well I remember when Fire Slay3r and Slice and me were in Little Trouble,Slice was kicking asss, I was in second place,then All I see is pepper right above the Grenade Launcher on the roof throwing spamming grenades at us. Thats when I kept calling him..uh..bad names..Aneeyhoo,Spamming is awesome as long as u keep it under control. For example if the whole GODS clan was in LT and they were where the Double Shotty is, I would take a Grenade Launcher and blow the living Potatoes outta them,Spam my brains out. Thats reasonable. Whats not reasonable is if u stand on the roof in LT and just throw Grenades EVERYWHERE u dont even aim u just sit there move ur mouse around and click as fast as u can.Ok I had to get that out. And I admit it, I camp in Red Station, I go under the alias "I need To Practice My Aim" And grab the Sniper rifle and snipe as many ppl I can. I usually win the game, ask Justin,I can snipe people good, so I use my talent wisely. I think Red station is meant for camping. OK u can all bash me for my aliases now :P
I believe it was this game. ;)

pepper
12-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Enough slice I have had it with your comments. Every thread your on thats all you do is slam people. I bet your about 4ft and bald with really thick glasses. You can not prove I was spamming, if I remeber right I was not on the roof but I was using the rocket launcher spamming your a**. Anyways have fun I am out here.

P.S. What goes around comes around. :P :P :P

Slice
12-01-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by pepper@Dec 1 2002, 05:52 PM
Enough slice I have had it with your comments. Every thread your on thats all you do is slam people. I bet your about 4ft and bald with really thick glasses. You can not prove I was spamming, if I remeber right I was not on the roof but I was using the rocket launcher spamming your a**. Anyways have fun I am out here.

I didn&#39;t slam you. I am just trying to make a point that a lot of people are sick of listening to the whining about power ups and spamming. What does your comment mean about goes around comes around? Shall I post the nice words you called me in the game before that one? :rolleyes:

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 11:16 PM
Actually I remember that game and u were on the roof looking down right on my and Slay3r and whipping grenades at us. Notice how I have proof that I was going to be in 2nd place if u didnt spam. Also notice how Slice has posted his pic before but I couldn&#39;t find it. Also notice how ur wrong, ur always wrong, face it that your wrong, and http://www.opelwerk.com/smiley-project/animated/bad-smilies/moon.gifhttp://www.opelwerk.com/smiley-project/animated/bad-smilies/NFlipper.gif :P

Troop
12-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by pepper@Dec 1 2002, 05:52 PM

Ooh, them&#39;s fighting words....

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Hey Hobbes is here, post a pic to match the thread&#33; :D

Morpheus
12-01-2002, 11:21 PM
yes that was the game. i could have been in the top 3. :angry:

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 11:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: SPAMMER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hobbes
12-01-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 1 2002, 01:17 PM
Hey Hobbes is here, post a pic to match the thread&#33; :D
No.

Christ you guys, he&#39;s an ex-spammer, just give him a break now that he&#39;s come back to the light okay?

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 11:26 PM
Yes give me a break, i just need 100 posts :P

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 1 2002, 06:26 PM
Yes give me a break, i just need 100 posts :P
?????? for what???????
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Custom Title :D

Sauron
12-01-2002, 11:29 PM
really?

OUTLAWS Spike
12-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 1 2002, 05:28 PM
Custom Title :D
that takes a 1000 post :D
264 to go for ya

Justncredible
your in the 700&#39;s you crack head,,,,, you need 1,000 to change it,,,,, right now you need like 240................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snip3r
I know I meant Im trying to get to 1000 posts..And I technically am not a crackhead :P

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 11:32 PM
ok "pothead" then,,,,, still you need 1,000 not 100,,,,, that is why I ain&#39;t smoking anymore......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snip3r
12-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Whoops, I thoguht I typed 1000.... :lol: silly me

Justncredible
12-01-2002, 11:34 PM
I need 484 as of this post,,,,, then I get to change it too.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pepper
12-02-2002, 12:40 AM
Who really cares anymore fu** it lets all just spamm all the time and see how the games goes. Mission completed&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Gotcha. If you remember during that game where you say I was on the roof spamming, I was.
Slayer kept on smating off about the spamming and how I screwed up the game for him. Do you remember my words: think really hard now, I know your really slow but think hard slice, slayer, and sniper. I know you will not remember so I will just tell you, "ALL IS FAIR IN WAR". Thanks for letting me vent a little, I feel so much better. :D :D :D :D

Peace Slice, Slayer, and Sniper you all are great players and woop my a** damn near evertime I play you. So in a couple of months when I get back to the games I will look forward to fragging you. :P :P :P :P :P