PDA

View Full Version : TALIBAN- A GM MEMEBER

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 01:39 PM
ANYONE KNOW THIS GUY??? HAS ANYONE LOST A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND IN WTC? I LIVE IN NY AND MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT THE SAME AFTER THE WHOLE INCIDENT. MANY PEOPLE LOST THERE JOBS AND ARE STRUGGLING TO FEED THERE FAMILIES. THIS DID NOT JUST EFFECT THE CITY I LIVE IN BUT ALL AMERICAN CITYS--WAIT EVEN YOUR COUNTRY IF NOT AMERICAN.

I PM'D HIM AND JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I WROTE I WILL PASTE IT HERE SO SOME OF YOU CAN SEE HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL. IT MAY SEEM HARSH BUT JUST THE NAME OF TALIBAN IS MORE HARSH

[listen to me you prick--change your ****ing name. if you want to associate with the taliban or like the taliban you deserve death and i would ****ing kill you. they killed over 3000 people here where i live and some who i knew. i and am insulted you would have that as a ****ing name. change it now or i will find where you live and destroy you. grow the **** up!!!!!!! i will request you to be banned from all forums and servers. you should apologize to every member of this forum for this bull****. how would you feel if you lost someone close to you. if you are part of those camel jockeys i just patiently wait for your end.

ME BIGGD]

Snip3r
12-07-2002, 03:27 PM
That asshole needs to be shot and killed! :angry:

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 03:50 PM
wow 2 people said no in the polls. thats weird but they must be from california

Eric DOA
12-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 7 2002, 08:39 AM
HAS ANYONE LOST A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND IN WTC?
wasn't a family member or a friend but i lost a close neighbor... and yes.... that guy should be banned and SHOT TO DEATH

Eric DOA
12-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Eric DOA+Dec 7 2002, 10:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric DOA @ Dec 7 2002, 10:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BIGGD01@Dec 7 2002, 08:39 AM
HAS ANYONE LOST A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND IN WTC?
wasn&#39;t a family member or a friend but i lost a close neighbor... and yes.... that guy should be banned and SHOT TO DEATH[/b][/quote]
btw.... one of the hijacked planes flew over my house... im about 100 miles north of manhattan... ulster county to be specific

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-07-2002, 04:07 PM
I could rename him George Bush. :lol:

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 04:08 PM
yeah i am 40 miles from nyc and was supposed to be there but took off because 9/11 is my birthday. i do not want to bring that subject up but would like to know the reason for that guys name. what the hell is he thinking and/or who is he. that should be looked like that he is part of the taliban like j walker. he supports innocent people getting killed and families broken up an our freedom destroyed whats left of it now. i mean look at the way this country is now. that pisses me off the most that we have to look left and right everywhere and the usa is supposed to be the best country. we need to make another example to the world as we did once before. i am for world peace as a cancer patient is for health. i look at these people as a cancer to the world&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and if we do not get rid of all cancer it ends up killing ya&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

this guy could be just immature and not realize his actions but i feel this thread will atleast show him that he has to be responsible for his actions.

ME BIGGD

SALvation
12-07-2002, 04:59 PM
I took the liberty of running his IP address and Taliban also goes by BAM&#33; and The Karate Kid on these forums. Since the vote is currently 13-2 for banning, I will ban the IP for now and if the vote swings back in his favor, he will be unbanned.

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Where is this BAM charater from anyways?

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 05:04 PM
i would just like to know if he realizes what he is doing first. it&#39;s like a swat sticker.

Troop
12-07-2002, 05:14 PM
This was my response in the Merc forums when he tried to get into the Mercap:

"The name he chooses is Taliban. Osama had no country to live in. Even his own homeland, Saudi Arabia, banished him and stripped him of his citizenship. This group of militants, the Taliban, sheltered Osama in Afghanistan while he was terrorizing the whole world, which culminated with the WTC and Pentagon attacks."

So to carry the name "Taliban" is both offensive and an insult to the rest of the world.

So I say that he needs to get his act together. I just hope, for his sake, that he&#39;s not a terrorist-sympathizer.

Saretta
12-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Dec 7 2002, 06:03 PM
Hes from Canada

Morpheus
12-07-2002, 06:22 PM
How do you know Bain? :huh: :P

Saretta
12-07-2002, 06:26 PM
He is in GameSpy sometimes. His name earlier used to be Johnny, his location was in his profile and he tried to hack Falcors computer.

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 07:55 PM
[Hes from Canada]

DAMN THOSE CANADIANS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r: :P J/K

Snip3r
12-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 7 2002, 02:55 PM
[Hes from Canada]

:lol: :lol: I was thinking the same thing bigg&#33; :lol: :lol:

Dick Steel
12-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 7 2002, 09:55 PM
[Hes from Canada]

I LIKE CANADIANS

BIGGD01
12-07-2002, 08:24 PM
some dude, whats your point? didn&#39;t we go over this?

i bet you voted no as it appears to be your character. well it&#39;s your opinion and/or maybe just your character. it looks like he will be banned.

(just incase anyone thinks i hate canadians that was not what i meant. in the news they are known not to watch the borders therfore i was kidding about the canadians which i put the j/k there)

(but in some not mentioned CASE it takes them 2 hours to watch 60 minutes)

Herbus Maximus
12-07-2002, 08:34 PM
hmm...yeppers.....I believe that he should be banned as well. I know some people like to stand out from the crowd but to use the name of a terrorist group that swears to kill innocent americans and others is just not proper. :angry:

Strider
12-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Dec 7 2002, 04:59 PM
I took the liberty of running his IP address and Taliban also goes by BAM&#33; and The Karate Kid on these forums. Since the vote is currently 13-2 for banning, I will ban the IP for now and if the vote swings back in his favor, he will be unbanned.
SAL is that the same BAM&#33;&#33;&#33; that wants to join us?

Dick Steel
12-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 7 2002, 10:24 PM
some dude, whats your point? didn&#39;t we go over this?

i bet you voted no as it appears to be your character. well it&#39;s your opinion and/or maybe just your character. it looks like he will be banned.

(just incase anyone thinks i hate canadians that was not what i meant. in the news they are known not to watch the borders therfore i was kidding about the canadians which i put the j/k there)

(but in some not mentioned CASE it takes them 2 hours to watch 60 minutes)
I didn&#39;t mean that i like Canadians because BAM&#33;&#33;&#33; is from canada.

I just like Canadian poeple&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Dangerous Dan
12-07-2002, 08:50 PM
did any of you know Ephemerion, Free Styler, FASTway, Vinny, Ra&#092;/en, etc.. are all canadian? Dick was refering to one of those :rolleyes:

666vicious666
12-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Uh...yea...

Haba
12-07-2002, 09:43 PM
I voted no. I know the attack was a terrible thing, but you are overreacting. His name doesn&#39;t mean he&#39;s a terrotist, and he could actually be a nice person. NO ONE deserves to be shot because of that name.

Maybe he&#39;s just a 1337 kid who thinks he 0wns?

Worse things have happened.... :wacko:

Plz don&#39;t ban me, I ain&#39;t that evil.

Troop
12-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Dangerous Dan@Dec 7 2002, 03:50 PM
did any of you know Ephemerion, Free Styler, FASTway, Vinny, Ra&#092;/en, etc.. are all canadian? Dick was refering to one of those :rolleyes:
Don&#39;t forget about Buckshot and myself. :P

Dark Reign
12-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Canada rulz.... :D

Troop
12-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Haba@Dec 7 2002, 04:43 PM
I voted no. I know the attack was a terrible thing, but you are overreacting. His name doesn&#39;t mean he&#39;s a terrotist, and he could actually be a nice person. NO ONE deserves to be shot because of that name.

He did make a huge mistake but ignorance is not an excuse. If you wanna use an offensive name like that, at least have the decency to know what it stands for. And if he did and he still used it, then I see him as a terrorist sympathizer.

Sirc
12-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Haba@Dec 7 2002, 04:43 PM

I don&#39;t think we are planning to shoot him. :D

He was asked to change his name because many people here find it offensive. He did not. So he was banned.

Like you said, he&#39;s probably just a dumbass who is too young to fully appreciate the magnitude of his own stupidity. When he figures it out he will probably be allowed back. :)

Ephemerion
12-07-2002, 10:37 PM
You could think of it this way, maybe with his choosing of that name it allowed all those angry people to have some sort of fulfillment by fragging the Taliban. I&#39;m sure psychologists would agree that this type of role playing would be beneficial for overcoming trauma and it would at least give you some sort of satisfaction by dispensing your own personal justice where you will not be punished for it. Names have power, but it is the people that respond to such names that are giving the power. I say live and let die.

Morpheus
12-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Ephemerion@Dec 7 2002, 05:37 PM
You could think of it this way, maybe with his choosing of that name it allowed all those angry people to have some sort of fulfillment by fragging the Taliban. I&#39;m sure psychologists would agree that this type of role playing would be beneficial for overcoming trauma and it would at least give you some sort of satisfaction by dispensing your own personal justice where you will not be punished for it. Names have power, but it is the people that respond to such names that are giving the power. I say live and let die.
man eph, that&#39;s what school does to ya. actually, good idea.

FASTway
12-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Well I don&#39;t care either way.

Pls don&#39;t ban him from the game servers though.
I played Taliban today and we had a good competitive match.
It&#39;s refreshing to not have to play noobs all the time for a change.

Haba
12-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc+Dec 7 2002, 10:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Sirc @ Dec 7 2002, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Haba@Dec 7 2002, 04:43 PM

I don&#39;t think we are planning to shoot him. :D

He was asked to change his name because many people here find it offensive. He did not. So he was banned.

Like you said, he&#39;s probably just a dumbass who is too young to fully appreciate the magnitude of his own stupidity. When he figures it out he will probably be allowed back. :)[/b][/quote]
Ok, I see. :)
If you found that name offending, I understand. He would have been wise if he changed his name. ;)

Heh, I didn&#39;t think you were going to shoot him, but only a twisted person would seriously want him dead.

Cheers&#33; B)

TheUltimateWarrior
12-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Dutch people rule

Did you know, Bone, Chan, SLAYER, DMF Starkey (he sucks, but a nice guy)
and myself come from Holland&#33;&#33;

BIGGD01
12-08-2002, 05:01 PM
i just want to say ifmost here were all jews and i put a hitler there or a swat sticker it would be just as offensive. that is my point. i to do not want him banned from the games servers and would hope he just changes his name with explanation. maybe a name like treason would be better.

ok a---is all i really know about canada oh and they speak french.-- :D

Troop
12-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 8 2002, 12:01 PM
ok a---is all i really know about canada oh and they speak french.-- :D
Excusez-moi, mon ami?

And it&#39;s eh, not "a" :P

CANADA is spelled: C, eh, N, eh, D, eh :lol:

Mr Clean
12-09-2002, 11:55 PM
i just want to say ifmost here were all jews and i put a hitler there or a swat sticker it would be just as offensive. that is my point.

I didn&#39;t know communism was alive and well in the world.

I can&#39;t believe this guy got banned because of his name. Maybe we should ban Herbus Maximus because the majority of people on this board think smoking weed is dumb. How&#39;s that sound? Why don&#39;t we put that to a silly little poll?

It may be offensive to you, and you know what, the name Taliban is offensive to me, too. But throwing out someone who is expressing freedom of speech is a slap in the face of the Constitution. We never really gave him a chance to explain himself, it could have been a misunderstanding or he&#39;s got a crap sense of humor.

No, we PM him and threaten him and make reference to Arabs as "camel jockeys". How is that any better than him choosing that name?

At least BIG wanted to find out the deal with this guy using that name.

Wonderful knee-jerk reaction everyone. That ought to cause gamers to flock to this site....

OPTIMOOSE
12-10-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by BainSidhe+Dec 7 2002, 12:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Dec 7 2002, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS The Machine@Dec 7 2002, 06:03 PM
Hes from Canada[/b][/quote]
Hes no friend of MINE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Im Canadian&#33;

Herbus Maximus
12-10-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Dec 10 2002, 02:55 AM

i just want to say ifmost here were all jews and i put a hitler there or a swat sticker it would be just as offensive. that is my point.

I can&#39;t believe this guy got banned because of his name. Maybe we should ban Herbus Maximus because the majority of people on this board think smoking weed is dumb. How&#39;s that sound? Why don&#39;t we put that to a silly little poll?

It may be offensive to you, and you know what, the name Taliban is offensive to me, too. But throwing out someone who is expressing freedom of speech is a slap in the face of the Constitution. We never really gave him a chance to explain himself, it could have been a misunderstanding or he&#39;s got a crap sense of humor.

No, we PM him and threaten him and make reference to Arabs as "camel jockeys". How is that any better than him choosing that name?

At least BIG wanted to find out the deal with this guy using that name.

Wonderful knee-jerk reaction everyone. That ought to cause gamers to flock to this site....
Hey...you know, you are right in one thing....perhaps he shouldn&#39;t be banned from the forums. But the question was asked. I answered. I have no malice for him or any one else here. Hell, let him back in and I&#39;ll blow him a kiss, but personally, I think that moniker is in exteremly bad taste. Iffin&#39; people have forgotten, the Taliban have attacked my country. (USA) and unless I missed something, we are still at war because of it. The Taliban have killed innocent people around the world and have sworn to do so again. My father is a firefighter and we know people that lost their lives in the destruction of the WTC. Am I pissed? You bet ya&#39;. Could he be some ignorant kid, or someone who is just trying to shock people. Sure. So what. My moniker might be a bit inappropriate in it&#39;s implied willingness to use a illegal substance to the kiddies around but it by no means promotes a terrorist organization bent on destruction and death. A little too much from just a kid using a name in a game ...maybe... but as I said, the question was asked and that&#39;s that. You moderators have the responsibility to run this place as you see fit. Ban the Secretions and Feces too? No....we all know that it&#39;s just for shock..... Might people be offended? Sure....but it&#39;s basically harmless. Isn&#39;t BAM&#39;s Taliban just as harmless. Yeppers.....it has no more power than any other word but to me, it&#39;s offensive enough. Am I going to lose sleep cause of it? No. Do I really care? No. Put my name to a poll? Go ahead....If people give a rats ass enough to vote against it I will change my name... no problem here. :P :lol:

Mr Clean
12-10-2002, 05:02 AM
I should have mentioned in my previous post that I was using you only as an example because you were the first possibly &#39;controversial&#39; name I could think of here. And in no way Herb am I suggesting smoking grass is as bad as terrorists and the acts they commit (I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a great thing, either, but that&#39;s for another discussion that&#39;s already been done on this site a couple months ago). Merely trying to point out that you don&#39;t judge a book by it&#39;s title.

And don&#39;t change you name even if there is a poll that says you should&#33; B)

FUS1ON
12-10-2002, 05:18 AM
There were other reasons besides his name to ban him and they might not matter to the majority of the people here. One was his attemps to hack people&#39;s computers and the other two reasons I&#39;ll keep to myself. :ph34r:

Herbus Maximus
12-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Dec 10 2002, 08:02 AM
I should have mentioned in my previous post that I was using you only as an example because you were the first possibly &#39;controversial&#39; name I could think of here. Merely trying to point out that you don&#39;t judge a book by it&#39;s title.

And don&#39;t change you name even if there is a poll that says you should&#33; B)
Believe me, I took no offense Mr. Clean. :lol: You are right though, never judge a book by it&#39;s cover. It just shows your ignorance if you do. However, when you refered to communism here I asked myself....where? You said he was using his constitutional right to express himself. That is fine. I have a constitutional right to state my opinion as well. We vote for our lawmakers, our laws and the majority always wins. That&#39;s democracy for ya&#39;. Do I always like the outcome... no...but I go on with life or I fight for what I believe is right. I haven&#39;t seen Bam/Tallywacker here saying anything or justifying his position so forget him. It&#39;s a non issue. This is a free country and free forum, unless there is specific rules against it we should be able to question the actions or deeds of others as it affects us. As I stated earlier..the question was brought up, those of us that had an opinion answered. If he was banned it was because the mods happened to agree with the opinion of the majority. Did I really think he was going to get banned for using Taliban as a name...nope. Just like I really didn&#39;t think he was going to get taken out back and shot. I thought that if there was enough people against that handle he would be asked not to use it in the forums. That simple. but alas....nothing is ever simple. ~sigh. :P

Herbus Maximus
12-10-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Dec 10 2002, 08:18 AM
One was his attempts to hack people&#39;s computers :ph34r:
Well then...all this shyt has been for naught then. That&#39;s a BIG no-no in anyones book. Hang the forkin&#39; icehole&#33; :angry: ;) :P :lol:

Mr Clean
12-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Well then...all this shyt has been for naught then. That&#39;s a BIG no-no in anyones book. Hang the forkin&#39; icehole

I didn&#39;t know about the hacking stuff either....so justice was served then.

However, when you refered to communism here I asked myself....where? You said he was using his constitutional right to express himself. That is fine. I have a constitutional right to state my opinion as well. We vote for our lawmakers, our laws and the majority always wins. That&#39;s democracy for ya&#39;. Do I always like the outcome... no...but I go on with life or I fight for what I believe is right

The difference being your vote in an election is not being done as a direct response to someone exercising their right to free speech. In fact the vote is required by the Constitution. We were voting, according to the poll, on his name, which is his right to have even though it was in bad taste. So we were taking action against someone who was doing what was his right. Banning him for free speech. One of Communisms favorite pastimes....

It&#39;s also our right (as a site) to pick and choose our membership because we are a private group and have the right to congregate with others. So we have the right to exclude him because we don&#39;t want him here. I just hate to see people excluded because of a name.

Of course now we know he has hacking and doing other stuff so I don&#39;t feel bad that he&#39;s gone. I didn&#39;t like his name, either. But it was a good discussion while it lasted.... :D

I&#39;ll go stir up trouble in another thread now, I guess.... :lol:

BIGGD01
12-11-2002, 08:06 PM
mr clean, the freedom you speak of should not be mocked nor shall it be taken advantage of. you are free to burn a flag also but would advice that i would feel free to prevent it. there are those who preach there freedoms but refuse to allow what they are against to practice there freedoms. it&#39;s a typical liberal argument but again freedom. am i free to have a sig saying i hate ******s or jews and put an avatar of a swat sticker there. i would be offended just as much if i saw that and i am white. it&#39;s easy for non american to vote no but one day they will hate the taliban. i wish america would let countrys fend for themself just so other countrys could realise what america does for the world. we are at war, and anything that accociates with the enemy should be shot and hel accountable. regardless of a stupid name he is supporting the enemy.

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Don&#39;t get me wrong, I do not approve of his use of that name. I just also think that it is becoming a sad time when a mere name or word could cause such a tremor. :(

BIGGD01
12-11-2002, 08:40 PM
its not the name its the meaning of the name.

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 11 2002, 02:40 PM
its not the name its the meaning of the name.
I know I&#39;m going to regret this, but huh? :(

Death-Dude
12-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Dec 10 2002, 05:18 AM
One was his attemps to hack people&#39;s computers and the other two reasons I&#39;ll keep to myself. :ph34r:
The other two aren&#39;t necessary, I&#39;d say. He might not mean anything by the crass choice of names, but tampering with others isn&#39;t cool.

Troop
12-11-2002, 10:44 PM
He has obviously used the name to provoke emotion and call attention to himself.

Mr Clean
12-12-2002, 04:25 PM
mr clean, the freedom you speak of should not be mocked nor shall it be taken advantage of. you are free to burn a flag also but would advice that i would feel free to prevent it.

You can&#39;t take advantage of a freedom. That is a contradiction in terms. A freedom protects your right to an action. If someone burns a flag (a horrible act, but one still covered as freedom of speech) you can&#39;t "prevent" it because then you would be preventing the act, which is preventing them from their right to freedom of speech. I hate to see the KKK march down the middle of some town&#39;s street, but it&#39;s their right. If you or I go out there and stop them from marching, we&#39;ve violated their rights.

I&#39;m not saying you have to like it. I&#39;m not saying you can&#39;t protest against it. All I&#39;m saying is you can&#39;t take away another&#39;s rights no matter who you are or where your from. If rights aren&#39;t universal then they are no good at all.

We jumped on him because he picked a name we didn&#39;t like. He has a right to pick that name, no matter how ridiculous or inappropriate it was. We also have a right to kick him out of our private community, which we did. But I would&#39;ve liked to have found out why he picked that name. (Something you tried to do BIG, as I recall, and I applaud you for it). Our reaction was pretty damn swift and without regard, that is what I had a problem with.

It&#39;s a moot point because he was also a little hacker, for which he was banned (and rightfully so).

we are at war, and anything that accociates with the enemy should be shot and hel accountable. regardless of a stupid name he is supporting the enemy.

Just one more point: You can&#39;t kill a non-combatant (meaning someone not in the military ranks) according to the Geneva Convention. And since we haven&#39;t officially declared war on anyone, this is doublely so. He has the right to support them. I don&#39;t like it either. He&#39;s probably nothing but a punk kid.....