PDA

View Full Version : We need your input

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-12-2002, 01:38 AM
Everyone on behalf of GM I would like to invite you all to post or PM myself or Grimmy on what you would like GM to become.
Please post your ideas ?'s concerns or anything else but SPAM!
SPAM will be deleted!

Grimmy
12-12-2002, 02:50 AM
Also, it is being tested at the moment, an idea of a drop box board, where you can ask your questions and all that, if it isn't specified to someone. Meaning, if you need to ask Machine about something that no one else can answer, then you send him a pm, otherwise if someone else could answer it, then you could post it in the drop box, and when I get on, or Who, or one of the other admins, they can look at it and respond. It will be sorta like a closed board. You won't be able to see what is posted in there, but you can post in there; hence the drop box name.

Again, it is being tested out, and will keep you up to date as to how it works. All this beta stuff going on lol might need some testers for stuff, so don't go far, ya might miss someting B)

Sacrifice
12-12-2002, 03:09 AM
we need a new skin for the forums!!!!

Ra\/en
12-12-2002, 03:10 AM
I SECOND THAT :lol:

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 03:11 AM
Ditto...new skins...

Grimmy
12-12-2002, 04:01 AM
it is in the works. I have test forums set up, I will be installing skins and other mods tonight to be tested out. I will post a linky here. You will have to register there. Those will be the ones that you have to try to bring down. If you can crash them, you win a prize lol Stay up late to check it out and for the linky!

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 04:23 AM
How about flame names for the mods, admins. Like th ones on seriously.

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 04:24 AM
And how about a little box at the bottom of threads like at Seriously! so we can reply easier?

Sauron
12-12-2002, 04:26 AM
how about deleting all doubled member names after asking which one they use

BIGGD01
12-12-2002, 05:21 AM
how about weeding out the as*holes and making the site more secure from them such as g-star and phonix. other than that i think the sites fine.

have the site capturing mac addresses instead of ip addresses and you will know hwo is who.

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by BIGGD01@Dec 12 2002, 05:21 AM
how about weeding out the as*holes and making the site more secure from them such as g-star and phonix. other than that i think the sites fine.

have the site capturing mac addresses instead of ip addresses and you will know hwo is who.
Good idea....BTW, nice avatar. Pffffffft....

Grimmy
12-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Dec 11 2002, 11:23 PM
How about flame names for the mods, admins. Like th ones on seriously.
you mean glowing names?? Not sure if they have that, I will look. I will look for a quick reply thingy too.

Drunken Warrior
12-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Yes we need a new color because blue causes depression and I can see there is a lot of it going around lately ;)

Pure_Evil
12-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Dec 11 2002, 09:50 PM
Also, it is being tested at the moment, an idea of a drop box board, where you can ask your questions and all that, if it isn't specified to someone. Meaning, if you need to ask Machine about something that no one else can answer, then you send him a pm, otherwise if someone else could answer it, then you could post it in the drop box, and when I get on, or Who, or one of the other admins, they can look at it and respond. It will be sorta like a closed board. You won't be able to see what is posted in there, but you can post in there; hence the drop box name.

Again, it is being tested out, and will keep you up to date as to how it works. All this beta stuff going on lol might need some testers for stuff, so don't go far, ya might miss someting B)
I like that idea. I posted a question on gamespy and some idiot gave a response that would've crashed the game instead of doing what I needed it to do! Lucky for me a kind soul gave me a heads up before I tried it!

You know how I like SOULS!! :ph34r:

Grimmy
12-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Ok, I have some skins installed on the test forums. I don't have everything done yet, but you can look through them. To do this in case you don't know, click on my controls, and then on the left towards the bottom is the skins and languages linky, click that, and I think you know what to do there. Some of them have problems that would have to be worked out before they would be allowed to come here. Find the bugs so that they can be fixed and we could offer the skin here.

linky to testforums (http://www.godsclan.us/testforums)

You will have to regegister, this isn't the same forums as here. Will be adding some mods and other things daily.

Mr Clean
12-12-2002, 08:43 PM

I love ya Grimmy, you know that, but I'm gonna be honest with you on this. This is a bad idea. The whole idea of posting is so that someone will respond sooner rather than later. Most serious questions that I see are answered very quickly...your method would increase the wait time significantly I think. I appreciate your imagination, but this one isn't going to help much...

BIGGD01
12-12-2002, 09:58 PM
grimmy, i think you are doing a great job and showing alot of effort in your work. i liked the chat feature we were messing with the other night. i and many of the people are regardless of the dumb things that happends at time are appreciative of all the work being done and time and money being spent. if theres anything i can help with just pm me and i will do it.

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Kewl skins.

Sirc
12-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Can the default skin be set to something else when the new skins are available? That way new people won't be hit by this one when they join.

Maybe we can take a poll on what the favorite new skin is and set that one to be the default. Just a thought.

Saretta
12-12-2002, 11:27 PM
I think we should at least have 3 different skins to choose from (default and two others). So we should be sure that everyone finds a skin he likes in here. The idea with the poll is good :)

Sacrifice
12-13-2002, 12:50 AM
i like lunar skin the best

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 02:02 AM
the lunar skin has problems. Will touch more on it when I have it in front of me and I am at home.

Saretta
12-13-2002, 02:03 AM
I prefer that gaming-zone skin

FUS1ON
12-13-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Dec 12 2002, 08:03 PM
Same here. It's the best of all.

The Lunar was good too, but it doesn't work right.

Sauron
12-13-2002, 02:23 AM
yup i have to agree on that :)

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Dec 12 2002, 09:03 PM
That one actually works pretty dam good. I have it on some private forums, and they work very well. I might end up, looking at some skins, and then redisigning then starting off from the one you see here, so that I know everything will work, just have to change some colors and other things. Maybe have a custom GM one by this weekend. Never know B)

Slice
12-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy+Dec 12 2002, 09:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimmy @ Dec 12 2002, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BainSidhe@Dec 12 2002, 09:03 PM
That one actually works pretty dam good. I have it on some private forums, and they work very well. I might end up, looking at some skins, and then redisigning then starting off from the one you see here, so that I know everything will work, just have to change some colors and other things. Maybe have a custom GM one by this weekend. Never know B)[/b][/quote]
Which private forums would those be beotch? :P :lol:

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Dec 12 2002, 09:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Dec 12 2002, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Grimmy@Dec 12 2002, 09:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BainSidhe@Dec 12 2002, 09:03 PM
That one actually works pretty dam good. I have it on some private forums, and they work very well. I might end up, looking at some skins, and then redisigning then starting off from the one you see here, so that I know everything will work, just have to change some colors and other things. Maybe have a custom GM one by this weekend. Never know B)
Which private forums would those be beotch? :P :lol:[/b][/quote]
the ones in my pants, duhhhhhh&#33;&#33; :wub:

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 07:07 AM
An update on what I did tonight. I took some of the skins down. Some of the ones that had lots of problems, and it will take a lot of work to get them going, so the in the mean time, I uninstalled them. There should be 5 (I think, I forgot lol) still avaiable.

I installed a simple mod tonight. It is the online/offline status under your avatar. I think it is useful, so you don&#39;t have to look at the bottom of the page everytime, to see if someone is online or not. This way, just read through the posts, and if you want to know, look under there avatar. I have this installed on other forums other then the test forums, and it works great&#33; Let me know what you think.

Also, I think the gaming zone skin works very good. I will see about getting it installed here in the near future, maybe with the online status too. Check them out.

For those that are interested in the skins out there, and the different mod, look at the bottom of this page, see the invision linky?? Go there, then get into there forums (ya might have to register a couple times grrrrr) then under the 1.1.* support, click there, and look around, there should be a couple boards, something like IBResources.com and IBRSkin.com, that will take you to where all the skins or mods are. Have a looky through them and if you find one that you think would benefit here, send me the link, I will check it out, and install it on the testforums to see what it does.

WHEWWWWWWW&#33;&#33; Time for some SAM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Enjoy&#33;

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 07:20 AM
here is a pic of what I am talking about incase you don&#39;t know, or I mis-explained it lol :D

Grimmy
12-13-2002, 04:20 PM
BlueNeon skin is installed at the testforums. It was suggested to me, so check it out, o bring a flashlight too&#33; :P

Sauron
12-13-2002, 10:21 PM
hmm looks interessting but a little dark in IMO

and it uses a cool font

SIFI
12-13-2002, 10:56 PM
i like the transparent skin

FUS1ON
12-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Dec 13 2002, 10:20 AM
BlueNeon skin is installed at the testforums. It was suggested to me, so check it out, o bring a flashlight too&#33; :P
I like that skin.

666vicious666
12-15-2002, 04:52 PM
I have a request...find a better wink emoticon ;) ...

Snip3r
12-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Better smilies, these ones suck more than Grimmy, especilly the constipated smilie ;)

Grimmy
12-15-2002, 05:52 PM
:lol: *finger smilie@Snip* :P

666vicious666
12-15-2002, 09:42 PM
That&#39;s a good one&#33;&#33;&#33;

FUS1ON
12-17-2002, 12:47 AM
What&#39;s the latest on the new skins?
I know the smilies look a little wack, But it appears the Gaming-Net & the Blue Neon work, Or do they?

Grimmy
12-17-2002, 12:49 AM
I think they work pretty well also. I will have to get a hold of Sal and have him upload them. Some changes need to be made on them, like change the banner to the GM logo and little stuff like that. Hopefully soon they will be avaiable for yas B)