PDA

View Full Version : Comic books

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Are there any fans out there? I used to be obbsessed with them! I had the entire Pitt collection and a bunch of other comics B)

MR. SLiK
12-12-2002, 06:08 AM
I used to read Spiderman all the time. I also had Sonic the Hedgehog and I think one X-Men one. Man I wish I could find all my old Spiderman comics. I used to have a huge book, that was complied of like 10 spiderman comics, old and new.

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 06:10 AM
I had some spidey as well. Never got into it that much. I liked spawn and hellboy better :P

666vicious666
12-12-2002, 06:52 AM
Spiderman, wolveriene, and the Fantastic 4 were the ones I read back in the day.

FUS1ON
12-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Oh man, Now this is a cool topic! I used to collect comic books back when I was in my early teens, I'm 41 now and some of them would be worth something today, But sadly I lost all them in a flood several years back. :( I had boxes apon boxes of different comic books, I really liked the Marvel brand the best, but there were some from DC that I liked to.
Thanks y'all for bringing back some good memories! http://www.maskiflynn.co.uk/smileys/jammin.gif

Please continue. :)

Mr Clean
12-12-2002, 06:44 PM
I had the entire Planet of the Apes collection until a burst pipe made it all into paper mache....

It was a very cool series, though...

Phoenix
12-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Dec 12 2002, 07:07 AM
Oh man, Now this is a cool topic! I used to collect comic books back when I was in my early teens, I'm 41 now and some of them would be worth something today, But sadly I lost all them in a flood several years back. :( I had boxes apon boxes of different comic books, I really liked the Marvel brand the best, but there were some from DC that I liked to.
Thanks y'all for bringing back some good memories! http://www.maskiflynn.co.uk/smileys/jammin.gif

Finally I do something right, lol!!

Pathos
12-13-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Dec 12 2002, 05:07 PM
Oh man, Now this is a cool topic! I used to collect comic books back when I was in my early teens, I'm 41 now and some of them would be worth something today, But sadly I lost all them in a flood several years back. :(  I had boxes apon boxes of different comic books, I really liked the Marvel brand the best, but there were some from DC that I liked to.

I think i NEED something akin to a flood. I have about 20 boxes (a few thousand) from my teens. Some good stuff which i can't bear to throw out. [chuckle] This alone makes moving house a real bitch let me tell you. [whimper] But i figure if i ever have kids i can pass them on and save a mint. Plus, they'll learn to read. [winning smile]

I still read a couple today. Namely Transmetropolitan and Strangers in Paradise (highly recommend these to anyone of ANY age or sex; even my girlie - bless her non-dumped soul - was forced to agree) and anything by Brian Michael Bendis, who writes some kick ass crime fiction. [thumbs up]