PDA

View Full Version : New 30 sec LOTR: The Two Towers Trailer

Pathos
12-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Check out http://www.theonering.net/movie/preview/

..and kiss your girlfriend goodbye. Here is your new love. [pant, grunt]

Be warned it DOES contain spoilers. It should also come with a health warning - who could possibly wait the few days remaining?

Oh, and if you want the KICK ASS music in it (an orchestral remix of the Requiem for a Dream theme created just for the trailer), grab it at http://www.operationsombrero.com/previews/...TT/overture.mp3 (http://www.operationsombrero.com/previews/TTT/overture.mp3) (the full version runs for over 6 glorious minutes).

Am i the only one who has flashes of being run over by a bus and such on the way to the screening? [chuckle]

The world is good. [wipes fanboy drool and flicks it towards girlie]

Sirc
12-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Oh man, I loved Fellowship of the Ring. I never thought they could pull it off. But they did. It exceeded my expectations.

Now I gotta go watch the trailer....Thanks Pathos! :D

Sirc
12-14-2002, 02:35 AM
Aw crap its a quicktime movie. :(

I hate quicktime. I'm never going to install it again. I think I saw most of it on CNN today anyway. :unsure:

Pathos
12-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Dec 14 2002, 12:35 PM
Aw crap its a quicktime movie.   :(

I hate quicktime.  I'm never going to install it again.  I think I saw most of it on CNN today anyway.   :unsure:
lol... Sircles, just pretend you are in a sexual coma and you will have the gist of it. [thumbs up]

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-14-2002, 03:20 AM
I guess you could say I liked it....... :rolleyes:

Justncredible
12-14-2002, 04:17 AM
I have had my tickets for weeks, i got the dvd box set with the plastic bookends........ :D :D :D

and to top it off, i live very close to the largest screen in Texas,,,, they have a elevator in the threater to get to the top of the seats,,,, it is very big... :D :D

Gun Element
12-14-2002, 04:18 AM
Im going with a bunch of friends for this special movie.

CANT WAIT!

Strider
12-14-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Behind You?@Dec 14 2002, 03:20 AM
yea i can see that by your avatar there... im also a lotr fan.. look at the name.. recognize it? lol :rolleyes:

Sirc
12-14-2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Strider+Dec 13 2002, 11:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ Dec 13 2002, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Behind You?@Dec 14 2002, 03:20 AM
yea i can see that by your avatar there... im also a lotr fan.. look at the name.. recognize it? lol :rolleyes:[/b][/quote]
And to think you were gonna change it&#33; Bad Strider&#33; :D

Pathos
12-14-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Justncredible@Dec 14 2002, 02:17 PM
I have had my tickets for weeks, i got the dvd box set with the plastic bookends........ :D &nbsp;:D &nbsp;:D

and to top it off, i live very close to the largest screen in Texas,,,, they have a elevator in the threater to get to the top of the seats,,,, it is very big... :D &nbsp;:D
Christ that IS big&#33; Lucky man. [approvingly] There is nothing like that here.

I just bought my tickets - the demand, while large, is not as insane down here in Oz. And yes, i also own that ridiculously sized box. [chuckle] It&#39;s large enough to cuddle.. in a manly way of course. The biggest obstacle (beyond fiding a nice, quiet spot for just the two of us away from the prying eyes of my equal third) is figuring out where the heck to put it. [reaches for measuring tape]

Word is TTT kicks just as much bootie as the first one, if not more so (amid much relief that CGI Gollum "does not suck"). The benefits to having filmed it all at once just continue to mount imo. A BIG plus is the fact that the 2nd and 3rd movies are not influenced by the success of the first, with studio heads trying to re-create "what worked the first time" and such rubbish. I guess it COULD have an influence as far as editing, running time and ratings go, but that&#39;s marginal and perhaps moot when one considers the fact that there WILL be a forthcoming extended edition. And from early accounts it will be "R" rated, with the restoration of many a severed limb and head. Coupled with restored dialogue it will amount to one big, "Oh yes m&#39;aam&#33;"

Sirc
12-14-2002, 04:38 AM
"Extended Edition" :wacko:

Now that is a very strong sexual reference for me. Scuse me, I gotta go clean up.... :blink: :D

Hobbes
12-14-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Pathos@Dec 13 2002, 06:33 PM
Word is TTT kicks just as much bootie as the first one, if not more so (amid much relief that CGI Gollum "does not suck").
I&#39;ve heard directly from people who have seen press screenings that Gollum looks awesome and is very believable. So much so that there&#39;s a rumor that the studio is going to try and pull a bunch of strings and try to get him nominated as the first GC character for Best Supporting Actor. :D Sounds very far-fetched too me, but that would be pretty hilarious. And the Ent designs look totally bad ass too. I can&#39;t wait for this damn movie. Grr... come on universe&#33; Go faster&#33;&#33;