PDA

View Full Version : The Two Towers

Saretta
12-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Post your oppinion to this website! (http://www.twotowersprotest.org/)

Sauron
12-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Sorry i feel with all the victims of that but i think that goes a little too far! Should we rename the second book of the Lotr trilogy too?

Should we delete that 11th of September out of the calendar and have two 10th of september or a 31th instead of the 9th?

Sorry if i have gone too far with that but thats what i think about it cause u cant make it unhappened only cause u forbid everthing that reminds u on that!!

edit : Damnit i confused day to month srry :)

Goober
12-15-2002, 07:42 PM
I remember reading the trilogy back in the 70s....and I am pretty sure that that is the name of the second book....Should we go back and find every book, movie etc. that contain the words "two towers" and rename them?.........I think not.....This movie and the events of sept. 11 have absolutely nothing to do with each other....

MR. SLiK
12-15-2002, 07:53 PM
Simply retarded. Goober/Sauron explained perfectly why these people are retards.

Dark Reign
12-15-2002, 08:17 PM
(From the Website)
The creators of the movie have free speech, so what makes you think they should have to change the name of the movie?

We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change.

So when the book was written they purposely named it to piss us Amercans off? But wasn't that book written like, 50 or so years ago? Complete utter nonsense.

Death Engineer
12-15-2002, 08:20 PM
I am in total agreement with the previous posts. While I believe that we do need to continue to be sensitive about the tragedy that happened, I don't think that this carries over to things that have nothing to do with them.

The statement that website makes that doesn't make any sense is that

. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11.  

This is an incredible lie. As the others have stated, this movie was named after a book that was written long before anyone knew anything about Sept 11, 2001.

I will continue to honor those victims (especially law enforcement and firemen) that were lost that day. But this does not mean that I will set aside all reason when dealing with words like twin towers or Sept. 11. This just sounds like someone who wants attention to me.

DE

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-15-2002, 08:23 PM
I can understand thier sensitivity, but I agree with the others. They are just carrying this too far. The attach was terrible and we should do everything we can reasonably do to prevent this type of horror in the future, but let life go on.

Just a short question, but I believe they filmed all three movies at the same time and just spaced out the timing of thier release.

Sauron
12-15-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Behind You?@Dec 15 2002, 09:23 PM
Just a short question, but I believe they filmed all three movies at the same time and just spaced out the timing of thier release.
yes thats true

Sirc
12-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Dec 15 2002, 02:23 PM
Post your oppinion to this website! (http://www.twotowersprotest.org/)
I think the web site stands as a proud testament to the stupidy of those who created it and those who support it. :)