PDA

View Full Version : LOTR : Two Towers

Sauron
12-18-2002, 02:35 AM
Ok it is a good movie if u havent read the book. :) They just changed too much! :(
The battle of Helms deep is amazing and so is the whole storyline around Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas! But the storyline about Frodo and Sam isnt even close to the book! thats my opinion about that movie

It has great animations and the Ents are cool looking!

Saretta
12-18-2002, 02:51 AM
I made a mistake: I read the book two days ago and after that the movie was a big dissapointment :angry:
They changed nearly the whole plot of Frodo and Sams adventures. Faramir is as evil than Boromir, he wants to get the ring. The spider doesn't appear in this part of the film and I was really looking forward to see Shelob :(
Gollum is fantastic. He's like I imagined him :)
The ents were great animated but too small and they looked like dead trees without leaves...
The battle at helms deep is great but even there they changed something.
The story about Arwen and Aragorn is very strange and doesn't fit. She isn't in the two towers book. I think they just added something with her because Liv Tyler played her. And what they added is weird.
The nazgūl I liked a lot. Especially the "dragons" they were riding :D

For someone who doesn't know the book the movie will be great. The pictures are sooo impressive and those people won't see the changes. I for my part hope that part three, the return of the king, will be closer to the book again. In the two towers they left to many things out I really wanted to see. Like when fangorn (the forrest) suddenly was in front of helms deep, etc.

--> People, watch the movie! It's worth it even with the changes. (And don't read the book before u watch it!!!)

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-18-2002, 02:54 AM
Have not read the book. Cant wait to see the movie!

Saretta
12-18-2002, 02:55 AM
Good then enjoy the movie! U won't be dissapointed :D

Hobbes
12-18-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Dec 17 2002, 04:51 PM
I for my part hope that part three, the return of the king, will be closer to the book again. In the two towers they left to many things out I really wanted to see.
Err, well it will have the Shelob part, but the scouring of the Shire has been cut because going back to fight a bunch of hicks after battling the forces of Mordor would be very dull for movie going audiences. And lots of extra Arwen scenes probably. :P Which I don't mind, Liv is sexeh! :D

Saretta
12-18-2002, 08:56 AM
I know that the Shelob part wasn't left out but I will have to wait one more year to see it. Actually I like Liv Tyler too but the Arwen parts still doesn't fit. I just hate it when they change a film only because a actor with a name wants to play a bigger part.

Gun Element
12-18-2002, 02:10 PM
I was going to see it today, havent not knowing that the ticket was someone elses becuase that one certains parents wouldnt let her go. But now that she can go I gave the ticket back to her.

It was a noble sacrifice to cancel the LOTR movie with all your friends.

Solid Snake
12-18-2002, 03:38 PM
I read the books but im gonna watch the film

Mr Clean
12-19-2002, 09:22 PM
I was going to see it today, havent not knowing that the ticket was someone elses becuase that one certains parents wouldnt let her go. But now that she can go I gave the ticket back to her.

It was a noble sacrifice to cancel the LOTR movie with all your friends

Your an idiot... :D

No, twas a gentlemanly thing you did, nice job...