PDA

View Full Version : mouse help

OUTLAWS Jag
01-08-2003, 09:30 PM
I bought the mx700 and am having trouble programing all the buttons to use in serious sam or any other online game for that matter, I have downloaded the software and still cant get it to work I also went into the mouse properties still with no sucess any help would be great

FUS1ON
01-08-2003, 09:44 PM
I could not get it them to work either with the MX500 I had. I tried two mice, The MS Intellpoint optical and the Logitech MX500 optical and one of the two's software, I'm not sure which caused me to have to repair my SS installation. LINK (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=5311)
Some other people here say they have gotten them to work, but I couldn't.

I wish you luck and welcome to GameMecca. ;)

SALvation
01-09-2003, 04:33 AM
The problem is that most of the extra buttons communicate with Windows directly and don't work with many games. Try to use the software that came with the mouse and set those buttons to different keys on the keyboard. For example, on mine I like to press down the wheel so I can have easy access to the shotgun. What I had to do was program that button to be my "Left Shift" and then in the game I set the shotgun as "Left Shift". And now it works.

One thing I noticed is that not all keys on the keyboard will be recognized this way. It's just trial and error.

Grimmy
01-09-2003, 06:22 AM
I will have to try that, I ordered mine yesterday, and hopefully will be here by Friday. I am so excited, I think I am wetting my pants :rofl:

Death-Dude
01-11-2003, 12:55 AM
All my buttons on the MS Intellimouse Optical work, but they work with buttons Windows has assigned, and sometimes those don't work/conflict with something in the game. Try setting the buttons to other values in Windows, then re-assigning the buttons based on the new settings in-game.

Grimmy
01-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by _Sepra_+Jan 9 2003, 05:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Sepra_ @ Jan 9 2003, 05:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Grimmy@Jan 9 2003, 01:22 AM
I will have to try that, I ordered mine yesterday, and hopefully will be here by Friday. &nbsp;I am so excited, I think I am wetting my pants &nbsp; :rofl:
That&#39;s ok Grimm you wont leave a puddle.....your a sponge. :D [/b][/quote]
:rofl:

I was able to get some of my buttons to work. I only really needed 1 more, something to switch from the shotty, back to the knife. From the shotty, I can hit the button on the keyboard to shift up or down.