PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MOD's

Falcor
01-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Hello to the Quakers (forgive the pun), I wanted to start this thread in the hopes that all the Q3 players here at GM will respond by listing their favorite game mods for Q3. This can hopefully eliminate some very time consuming file searching. My idea being that players who are just getting to know this game are finding a huge multitude of game modifications available for download, the problem being how to know which ones are worth looking for and d-loading. Hopefully the info gathered in this thread will help us all to know which mod's are being played regularly and where we can d-load them from. Thx in advance for any helpful replies.

MR. SLiK
01-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Q3 Fortress, Bid for Power, Generations Arena, Rocket Arena 3, Nifhelium, Q3 Gridiron (football q3 style its fun), QPong, BFG10k Arena, Hunt, The Matrix, Q3 Madness (www.madnesssoft.com/q3madness/)

Most of these are available at planetquake3.net. I know you can find BFG10k arena and Generations Arena at Wirehead Studios hosted by planetquake (http://www.planetquake.com/wirehead/). The Matrix mod is still in beta form.

Falcor
01-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks for your input Mr. Slik and if I can do this right here is a link to the PlanetQuake directory for Q3 mods. Q3 mods are here. (http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/hosted/mods.shtml)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-11-2003, 09:09 PM
The only one I have played is excessive.
It's fun.

Falcor
01-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Ouch guys, my above link is affiliated with Vileplanet, so a helpful tip from me is, find the exact file name of what mod you want and instead of waiting in line for an hour or two at fileplanet, go to Google or an equally as good search engine and do a search for that exact file. This way you should be able to find what you want on a better server without having to wait forever to get what you want.

Falcor
01-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Jeez I almost forgot, my favorite MOD's are;

Excessive Overkill
Instagib
OSP
Afterwards

Sirc
01-11-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm a total n00b, but I like Excessive Overkill. Instagib is fun too but unfortunately I can't aim worth a crap. :WTF:

»°ßåD«
01-11-2003, 10:19 PM
I got a long list..here you go!

Rocket Arena, Threewave CTF, Reaction Quake, BidFor power, Quake 3 rally, InstAGib, Excessive, Freeze Tag, Ultra Freeze Tag, GridIron, paintball, Corkscrew, Alternate Fire, Head Hunters 3, Quake3 pong and DM unlagged beta :jammin:

a good place to get them is www.planetquake.net