PDA

View Full Version : Come on, guys....

Falkentyne
01-15-2003, 01:29 AM
*edit* apologize for the slight against Phoenix.

I don't know why you guys were upset for (unless someone was using a powerup). I exploited my strategic advantage, to control the health and the choke points with the rocket launcher. The counter to my strat would have been to go ABOVE me with the RL on the crellation (sp?) and blast me for free (rocket users are rather helpless against people with a height advantage, if they aren't cramped by a wall for splash damage). Or even grab the chaingun Terminahere style, which would have killed me in about ....um....2 seconds. But no one did... (except Joeblow who I *THINK* was using HIS advantage to spam grenades, WITH A FREAKING INVISIBLITY POWERUP !!!!!!!!).

This happens all the time in Quake, et al, with the RL And railgun (especially on Tourney4) but no one complains there.
anyway, gg. I would have thought you guys can handle that a little better than you did.

And do you think *I* like ALWAYS getting 4th place, with most deaths (i feel like i'm being fragged by EVERYONE on purpose) every time either (1) Ultimate Warrior is playing, (2) Machine or Ephemerion is playing, (3) Dangerous Dan is playing? Feels nice to defeat you guys once in a while, for a change.

It's always different when the shoe's on the other foot, isn't it?
(First law of Acquisition: Do unto others, don't let them do unto you).

I didn't break ANY rules at all. If you want a game with shotgun only, then say so. I have no problem with that. But I will use _every_ weapon at my disposal, as long as it's fair game and not excluded in an agreement, to win (and usually I tend to lose). Rockets, Spamballs, Buckshot...and swiss cheese guns.

Maybe you guys should read the interview with Bones again, regarding which gun should be used in which situation, and give me credit for controlling my section of the map.

TheUltimateWarrior
01-15-2003, 01:35 AM
I did say GG didnt I?

But there were alot of players in that map, and your rockets made it more choppy for me, it alreadyw as choppy enough!~

My Fps were going down to 20, when I got close to you!

and using the canon?

Is that MERC style? I am lucky that you missed me with that a few times, before i could kill you!

And I use rockets too, when its better in the situation, but just standing there, shooting rockets in every direction..........
that looked like Joeblowme with Grenades!

It pretty much pissed me off!

and I dont mind losing.........
But I do mind losing like that!

Strider
01-15-2003, 01:46 AM
I dont blame you ultimate. I hate losing like that. If someone plays like that I just leave. I dont stick around to play like that. Im a good sport though so I saw GG to all who played. :thumbs: and even if someone plays like that, that is the way they chose to play so let them play that way. Even though he plays like that he still won so gg falk. I hate playing against guys like that but they still should be told gg I think. Just IMO.

Slash
01-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Falkentyne@Jan 14 2003, 07:29 PM

Is that a Ferengei allusion?

Phoenix
01-15-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Falkentyne@Jan 15 2003, 01:29 AM
Especially you, Phoenix...cursing at me was totally uncalled for.

I don't know why you guys were upset for (unless someone was using a powerup). I exploited my strategic advantage, to control the health and the choke points with the rocket launcher. The counter to my strat would have been to go ABOVE me with the RL on the crellation (sp?) and blast me for free (rocket users are rather helpless against people with a height advantage, if they aren't cramped by a wall for splash damage). Or even grab the chaingun Terminahere style, which would have killed me in about ....um....2 seconds. But no one did... (except Joeblow who I *THINK* was using HIS advantage to spam grenades, WITH A FREAKING INVISIBLITY POWERUP !!!!!!!!).

This happens all the time in Quake, et al, with the RL And railgun (especially on Tourney4) but no one complains there.
anyway, gg. I would have thought you guys can handle that a little better than you did.

And do you think *I* like ALWAYS getting 4th place, with most deaths (i feel like i'm being fragged by EVERYONE on purpose) every time either (1) Ultimate Warrior is playing, (2) Machine or Ephemerion is playing, (3) Dangerous Dan is playing? Feels nice to defeat you guys once in a while, for a change.

It's always different when the shoe's on the other foot, isn't it?

Phoenix, if you're going to get mad, get mad at that guy for tossing grenades with invisibility for half the level (i think it was Joeblow). I didn't break ANY rules at all. If you want a game with shotgun only, then say so. I have no problem with that. But I will use _every_ weapon at my disposal, as long as it's fair game and not excluded in an agreement, to win (and usually I tend to lose). Rockets, Spamballs, Buckshot...and swiss cheese guns.

Maybe you guys should read the interview with Bones again, regarding which gun should be used in which situation, and give me credit for controlling my section of the map.
Uhhh....dude, I was cursing at the spammers.....if you feel that included you. Well, that's a matter of opinion, lol.
Anywho, I agree with Ultimate on this issue.

Strider
01-15-2003, 02:42 AM
I do too, but people can play how they want to play and they shouldnt be discriminated cuz of how they play. Just IMO.

TheUltimateWarrior
01-15-2003, 02:47 AM
and while we are on this subject...

I got a few more things to say to you falk!

I saw a screenie on Red station, where you where sniping behind the fence!
I think thats lame

And spamming from the roof in little trouble, where you dont die, Close to the rocket L and 6 health, and single shotty, I think thats more lame!
Leon is camping there alot man!

and again, a canon?
I still cant get over that!

Sirc
01-15-2003, 03:10 AM
LOL! I've only ever used the cannon about 4 times after I took it away from someone. And at least two of those times I killed myself with it. :tounge:

Strider
01-15-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Jan 15 2003, 03:10 AM
LOL! I've only ever used the cannon about 4 times after I took it away from someone. And at least two of those times I killed myself with it. :tounge:
yea thats always fun. I usually shoot the guy with the one cannon ball then it bounces off something usually a wall or the ground and it comes back and hits me lol. :rofl:

OUTLAWS Spike
01-15-2003, 03:39 AM
Geeze!!!!!!!! I didn't get a rule book when I bought the game. This is a game of survival of the fittest or smartest. :rolleyes:
I can tell you this much about the PU's, if your in a game with me and you don't get them, I will. As for the spamming all I can tell you is, that if you KNOW someone is spamming an area you have two options 1 avoid that area or 2 go after that person.

Stop whinning about your pings and spamming and PU usage. It's all part of the game.

Strider
01-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS $pike@Jan 15 2003, 03:39 AM
Geeze!!!!!!!! I didn't get a rule book when I bought the game. This is a game of survival of the fittest or smartest. :rolleyes:
I can tell you this much about the PU's, if your in a game with me and you don't get them, I will. As for the spamming all I can tell you is, that if you KNOW someone is spamming an area you have two options 1 avoid that area or 2 go after that person.

Stop whinning about your pings and spamming and PU usage. It's all part of the game.
just another way of what I said kinda. Let ppl play how they want. I think you are on that too spike. Not sure. I kinda agree with you and kinda with TUW. Doesnt matter nemore though. I think they are done arguing. :thumbs: :jammin:

Phoenix
01-15-2003, 04:17 AM
imagine the possibiltes!

SALvation
01-15-2003, 04:19 AM
Personally, I find it challenging to face a player with an actual strategy and who uses alternate weapons. If its in the game, its in the game!

:D

Strider
01-15-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare+Jan 15 2003, 05:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Terminathare @ Jan 15 2003, 05:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SALvation@Jan 14 2003, 08:19 PM
If its in the game, its in the game&#33;

:D
Isn&#39;t that EA sports?

BTW: Minigun rules in Fortress :w00t: [/b][/quote]
I remember that from a while back on my nintendo football games: EA Sports: It&#39;s in the game. Lol good 1 term :rofl:

Falkentyne
01-15-2003, 06:13 AM
Any weapon is fair game unless it&#39;s agreed to beforehand.
I use anything I can get my hands on.

I spawned next to a cannon and used it. If you spawned next to it, I bet you would seriously consider using it, too. Most people do, dude.

I never knew there was an unwritten rule that cannons aren&#39;t allowed.
I died after 5 cannon blasts, anyway. And I grabbed the cannon once.

If you don&#39;t want cannons to be used, please say so when the match begins. Please.

Thanks.

BTW, if you said your framerate was dropping below 30 during the game, I missed it. There was just too much action going on.
If i had known that, I would have stuck to shotgun.
I used to have framerate problems also, which is one reason why I did an upgrade early last year. it makes a HUGE world of differnece when you can walk through hundreds of particles at 60 FPS without losing tone.

About roof hopping,
Someone tell me something.
Why is it that *I* never complain about roof hopping, but others do? it&#39;s part of the map. What about those who make themselves almost invisible on hole (right above the light sources, or in the dark crevices, with a sniper/chaingun? is that any less troublesome?).

This whining is rediculous.
The last time I played UT 2003, someone was whining about "rocket spamming". Jesus Christ. What gun are you supposed to freaking use? Rockets were in UT and Unreal, although reducing the rocket queue was a good thing, IMO.

Jumping off the level on red station:
I don&#39;t feel that that&#39;s a problem. It&#39;s hard to get lots of kills there since you have no ability to restock anything or heal.
you know what&#39;s worse than that? Going on the chaingun platform and sniping is FAR harder to defeat. you&#39;re almost untouchable up there, provided a sniper doesn&#39;t get you. If your aim is excellent, the game&#39;s in the bag. Ephemerion got 20 frags in less than a minute up there, and killed me 5 times in 15 seconds. Weeeee......

SASQUATCH
01-15-2003, 06:38 AM
It&#39;s part of the game and I get 35 FPS and lower most of my games because of my Sh*T system.
As for anyone using weapons, they can use what ever they like and I will use
good judgement in dealing with players in what ever they do.

Playing Serious Sam means playing with everything you can get your hands on
and win but I don&#39;t like using the cannon but only when I see a player in yellow,
and I choose not to use it at times because I feel like it and no one has to follow.

I do believe if you are going to want to play better then use the shotgun more often
but use the other weapons when needed.

Every player should understand that there are no rules except swimming.

Having fun is what I like to do and try my best to have fun.

Sometimes it gets frustrating but I always try to remeber that it is a game.

SAS :angel:

Static
01-15-2003, 07:45 AM
This is a game?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; :blink: :blink:

OMG u mean i haven&#39;t really been running around fighting to save the planet?? :(

Goober
01-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Static@Jan 15 2003, 02:45 AM

OMG u mean i haven&#39;t really been running around fighting to save the planet?? :(
Boy, you and me are going to have a looooonnngg..talk. Then you need to take your medication.

What&#39;s fun is you make rules at the begiining, no pup&#39;s shottys only. Got 4 players doing this and then.......In comes someone who hasn&#39;t heard the rule and grabs the powerups before you can say anything and starts spaming....It&#39;s hilarious...before they came all you could hear was timed shotgun blasts. After they showed up, all bets were off and everyone goes beserk with every weapon they had stored up.....sounds like world war III.

I hadn&#39;t seen a lot of roof running until Falk started playing again. I was picking up the RL and missles came down from above. Scared the S*** out of me.....All that did was make me have to be more aware of where people were.....I have used the roof on occasion to get behind people that are chasing me.
I have to remind myself a lot.....The only rule is no swimming....I find myself getting pissed at people that continually grab powerups...I don&#39; t use them much so in my feeble mind I think others shouldn&#39;t. Thats screwed up logic....
Maybe one day serious runner will have a setting for no powerups. Until then......I will learn to accept it.

TheUltimateWarrior
01-15-2003, 12:53 PM
You guys made your point

I wont whine about this anymore&#33;

SASQUATCH
01-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Static@Jan 15 2003, 02:45 AM
This is a game?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; *:blink: *:blink:

If you tell me that you never get frustrated then I know that isn&#39;t true.

Everyone has gotten frustrated at times because no one here is perfect
but what&#39;s important is that we know and remind ourselves that it is only
a game and only to have fun and make the best of it. If you find yourself
lagging badly then leave but at times I am having so much fun that I would stay
even if my score is 0 & 22 because I am playing with friends and I love the game.
One day when the next Serious Sam is out I would hope that it will be better but I
will not expect it to be great but at least maybe better but if not I will still play the game
because I love the game.

I love playing with everyone and what I like best is when we all have a good game together
win or lose and feel so good about playing with good people. I would hope to one day master
it by not saying aword about lag and just play because at times I say to much when playing and lagging
and I will be the first to admitted but I will also say that I am not perfect either.

I am satisfy when playing because some people don&#39;t get the chance to enjoy themselves or even have
computers and most of all to meet great people here at the forum for example, and I am grateful for it.

GAMEMECCA&#33; :thumbs:

SAS :angel:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Static@Jan 14 2003, 11:45 PM

LOL&#33; You funny man&#33; :rofl:

Falkentyne
01-15-2003, 07:06 PM
To Sas: What he said. :drink:

I had a ton of fun whomping guys with knives only last night :) Nothing like hunting down a shottie with a knife. Too bad that doesn&#39;t work on yodeller.

I got 2nd on little trouble last night with knives, while everyone else (except Jim) was using weaps.
And who is meanstreak? He kicked my :wootrock:

Casanova
01-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Every good player uses ALL the weapons.
Some guys say Free Styler (aka Markus) is the best player nowdays.
He uses cannon, sniper, grenades and rockets all the time. (also shotty of course)

If u are a good player, u use all the weapons and u don&#39;t give a damn what other players say&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :devil: :devil:

Casanova
01-15-2003, 07:33 PM
oh damn... sorry....

GG FALK&#33;&#33;&#33;

Strider
01-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jan 15 2003, 07:32 PM
Every good player uses ALL the weapons.
Some guys say Free Styler (aka Markus) is the best player nowdays.
He uses cannon, sniper, grenades and rockets all the time. (also shotty of course)

If u are a good player, u use all the weapons and u don&#39;t give a damn what other players say&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :devil: :devil:
Ive never seen FREE STYLER without a power up so I dont know how good he is.

Falkentyne
01-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Strider@Jan 15 2003, 09:15 PM
:lol: :rofl:

Static
01-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Heh sas of course i get frustrated... playing with 500 ping all the time does get frustrating especially all the lag deaths and ppl catching up to you when you&#39;re running with a knife but i rarely complain.. only if it&#39;s happened to me alot i might mention something but i generall have fun and never quit a game even if i&#39;m losing.. i try to think of it as more of a challenge.

Casanova
01-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Strider@Jan 15 2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah.. that&#39;s true also.

Cannons, grenades, sniper, rockets, Power-ups......... he uses them all.
And he&#39;s a good player.
And he doesn&#39;t care what others think. :cool:

Jacobs
01-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Casanova+Jan 16 2003, 02:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Casanova @ Jan 16 2003, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strider@Jan 15 2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah.. that&#39;s true also.

Cannons, grenades, sniper, rockets, Power-ups......... he uses them all.
And he&#39;s a good player.
And he doesn&#39;t care what others think. :cool: [/b][/quote]
I can use any weapon

but the canon is toooooo lame, I know this and that why I never use it. If I only have a grenade L I&#39;ll use it, BUT I dont spam with it. I will kill youw ith a direct hit&#33;

No spamming&#33;

Jacobs
01-16-2003, 02:31 PM
I am at jacobs now (its me Ulti)
I posted the post above

TheUltimateWarrior
01-16-2003, 02:33 PM
so I posted the 2 posts above

Casanova
01-16-2003, 02:35 PM
:blink: :devil: :wacko: :wacko: