PDA

View Full Version : Driver 3

skabzvice
06-14-2004, 02:40 AM
As we get closer to the release of Driv3r (about a week), is anyone for sure going to buy it? I know i am! I have been reading some reviews of what people thought of the version they played and they said that "the drive was magnificent but the out of car stuff was just ok" That kind of is a trade off that i'm willing to make. I know the new GTA will have a good out of car experience...but the incar stuff will most likely be the same as the past GTA's. The graphics of GTA will not be that great of a jump when compared to the last. The textures might have gotten a bit better, but other than that...nothing new. I know that Driv3r is "pushing the limits of the X-box Console" and "they had to make the PS2 version not have as good of textures or as many polygons in the models". This makes me quite happy that I own an X-box instead of a PS2. I had always said that the PS2 had crappy graphics...i'm still amazed at how the PS2 is even able to compare to the screenshots for the X-box because the PS2 is how many?? 2-3 years old? I know that they will tweak all the problems they had with the out of car experience before it comes out for the computer in Sept. The main issue was just aiming, which is basically a problem on all shooting games for consoles. Well, that's my .02 about this game and things in general. Reply back please.

:oooo:

solid snake295
06-14-2004, 05:50 AM
im pickin it up fo sho yo! :thumbs:

skabzvice
06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Awesome, are you buying it more for the "Take a Ride" mode or the missions?

solid snake295
06-15-2004, 07:24 AM
ill probably play through the missions first then play "take a ride" when ever i get bored with the missions. it all depends on the landscape to. i found that the other driver games were too flat and i just spent most of the time around the bridges doing jumps and stuff. :thumbs:

solid snake295
07-16-2004, 02:51 AM
i just got it today and it ROCKS! there hasnt been one dissapointment so far. ive played through about 10 missions and there great, the graphics are amazing, the detail is crazy. example: when your playing, walk up to someone wearing a leather jacket and look at them in 1st person view and you can watch the glair move across their jacket, now thats some crazy detail. also if i had a weapon with a scope or somthing i could probably count all the hairs on some of the peoples faces. you can get cars, trucks (of the dumping variaty (for the slow im talking about dump trucks)) motorcycles (mopeds crotch rockets and choppers) and boats.
i got the X box version wich i wasnt to sure about at first but theres so much more stuff that im sure the PS2 version doest have, like the ability to add your own music, in game dolby digital sound, a couple extras with Xbox live and its in high definition (HDTV)
the on-foot part is alright but its no vice city. there is one thing though that makes this game 1000 times better than VC: the main character..... CAN SWIM!!!!!!
the driving part is just awesome, the damage detail on the cars is so good, when you shoot at the cars it actually leaves bullet holes where you were aiming, making it possible to draw smilie faces and what-not on your car. when you hit other stuff, it actually looks like you hit it, it doesnt just pop your fender off like it was made of lego or somthing. another good part is when you pop your tire then try to do a burnout it lets loose the horrible screaching sound of steel on pavement! YAY!

overall, great game. the way it looks i think it will be better then grand theft auto: san andreas. http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

burnthewitch
07-16-2004, 07:51 PM
I was going to buy Driv3r, but based on the reviews it looked like something inbetween getting shot in the head and kicked in the nuts.

Death Engineer
07-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Ooooooooo. Zinga!! That's a pretty harsh way to look at it.

I have not tried this game as my fingers refuse to return to the console games since the controllers got more than 6 buttons (what was that....Super Nintendo?). I'll see what I think once it comes out for the PC.