PDA

View Full Version : Concerning US Citizens ages 15-25

Thundarr
04-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Apr 9 2004, 07:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Apr 9 2004, 07:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Apr 9 2004, 04:00 AM
I agree this world has many bad things in it if that&#39;s all you look at but it is also a wonderful place with many wonderful things to talk about and see and things to do. Stop looking down and start looking up, You might like what you see.* ;)
:drink: Ahhh the voice of reason. :thumbs:

But to counter your point Shogun, I kind of like the fact that I can go to one forum for gaming and also touch on pollitics and religon. And even though some people here just talk out of their ass, at least they&#39;re showing interest in what&#39;s going on in the would, not just getting stoned and wasted. But I do feel bad for them when they go into the "real World" and find out just how f-ed up it really is.

Actually, when I first came to GM, I was drawn to a political battle between BIGG&#39;s and Mr Clean :rofl: Kind of wish Clean was here more :( [/b][/quote]
Me too, Pure... Oh Cleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnn..... Wheeeeeeeeeeeere aaarrrreeee yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu? :unsure: :wave:

BTW, I agree with Fred that everyone who is able should be required to serve 2 years... Isn&#39;t that how Israel does it? I would even be so bold as to include women in that... :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
04-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Thundarr+Apr 12 2004, 01:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thundarr @ Apr 12 2004, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Apr 9 2004, 07:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Apr 9 2004, 04:00 AM
I agree this world has many bad things in it if that&#39;s all you look at but it is also a wonderful place with many wonderful things to talk about and see and things to do. Stop looking down and start looking up, You might like what you see.* ;)

But to counter your point Shogun, I kind of like the fact that I can go to one forum for gaming and also touch on pollitics and religon. And even though some people here just talk out of their ass, at least they&#39;re showing interest in what&#39;s going on in the would, not just getting stoned and wasted. But I do feel bad for them when they go into the "real World" and find out just how f-ed up it really is.

Actually, when I first came to GM, I was drawn to a political battle between BIGG&#39;s and Mr Clean :rofl: Kind of wish Clean was here more :(
Me too, Pure... Oh Cleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnn..... Wheeeeeeeeeeeere aaarrrreeee yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu? :unsure: :wave:

BTW, I agree with Fred that everyone who is able should be required to serve 2 years... Isn&#39;t that how Israel does it? I would even be so bold as to include women in that... :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ll share a Barracks with Thundarr :P wub :D
Fox hole even better, nice and dirty&#33; :w00t:

Thundarr
04-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Apr 12 2004, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Apr 12 2004, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Thundarr@Apr 12 2004, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Apr 9 2004, 07:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Apr 9 2004, 04:00 AM

Actually, when I first came to GM, I was drawn to a political battle between BIGG&#39;s and Mr Clean :rofl: Kind of wish Clean was here more :(

BTW, I agree with Fred that everyone who is able should be required to serve 2 years... Isn&#39;t that how Israel does it? I would even be so bold as to include women in that... :thumbs:
I&#39;ll share a Barracks with Thundarr :P wub :D
Fox hole even better, nice and dirty&#33; :w00t: [/b][/quote]
Whoo-whoo, baby&#33;&#33; :devil: wub :lol:

Burn the Witch
04-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Firstly, this is a gaming forum yes, but did you think that this is Off Topic?

Also, be glad your nations youth is taking an active interest in politics, in the UK, indifference is running rampant over the youth and adults also...

If conscription (same thing as this draft really, only more permanent I guess) was ever adopted in Britain, I would refuse to take up arms.

Do not think that if this draft is compulsary, even if it was introduced (ludicrous in itself), then you can still refuse to join the forces, Please Look Here&#33; (http://www.iep.utm.edu/p/pacifism.htm) even if it means imprisonment.

Mad Fox
04-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Heres something to look at search congress.gov for s.89

I&#39;m not sure but it sounds well fishy :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

::: DARK PSI :::
04-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 8 2004, 04:37 PM
All of you guys make me seriously want to consider an age minimum to be on GM. Please get some common sense before posting crap like this on here. Of course they&#39;re not bring the draft back or pulling kids out of kindergarden to go fight.
Ha, even if they do, we are too old anyway.

Send the rug rats. Let them do battle for us while we sit back and play video games&#33;

BTW whoever said it.. the draft was never abolished after WW2. Last time I checked, Americans also were drafted in Vietnam and the Korean war. Get your facts straight. Man, what are they teaching kids in school these days. Ugg.

04-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@Apr 8 2004, 07:07 PM
sorry to sal, didn&#39;t mean to sound immature nor did i mean to make people mad about kids posting stuff like this. It says it right in the forum info, political views. I like the guy and didn&#39;t mean to upset him or anyone else. I wrote it because I feel the way the bill is being put through without much say about to the people (yes the kids) it will affect. Many at my school didn&#39;t even realize there was such a bill. I mearly wanted to make notice of it to others. I know I would have wanted to hear it sooner because it scares the crap outta me.

Once again, very sorry to Sal for any trouble I caused. Please feel free to close or delete this thread.
Ha, don&#39;t be such a pus**. ;) You can bring topics up like this in Off Topic. Sal was just making fun of you. Admit it.. you just ph3ar th3 B4n&#33;

:lol:

04-23-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by PJ&#39;l_Master@Apr 8 2004, 09:02 PM

I got ur back Sal :cool:
Yep, with your lips all over them&#33;

:lol:

EXEcution
04-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Lev must be drunk tonight......

why don&#39;t i ever get to sleep over :bawling:

04-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Apr 22 2004, 10:51 PM

Drunk with anger. Stupid ass Red Wings wasted 3 hours of my life tonight. They failed me therefore DL = t3h 4ngrY

solid snake295
04-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::+Apr 22 2004, 11:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (:: DARK LEVIATHAN :: @ Apr 22 2004, 11:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-.:EXEcution:.@Apr 22 2004, 10:51 PM

Drunk with anger. Stupid ass Red Wings wasted 3 hours of my life tonight. They failed me therefore DL = t3h 4ngrY [/b][/quote]
hey, Toronto got there asses beat to, hahahaha

BobtheCkroach
04-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Isn&#39;t the whole point of Off Topic to be able to talk about stuff other that gaming? I mean, when I click on Off Topic, I expect to find threads about religeon, politics, and that one white guy dancing to rap with a trombone...

Anyways, isn&#39;t the idea of mandatory service a violation of our beliefs of freedom. I for one feel that a large part of my freedom was being taken away from me if I was forced into the service. Isn&#39;t the thought of forcing someone into a position where they could potentially kill someone sick? I mean, if the government forced me into service, and I killed someone during my mandatory sentencing, I guarentee, without a doubt, that I would come home and kill myself. I would never be able to live with myself. I admire and respect the men and women that are in our forces - they risk their lives every day to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. But I could never be one of them, and I feel that our government would be letting us down if it forced military service.

As far as kids posting, I think it&#39;s incredible that you&#39;re taking an interest in the political world&#33; You are, after all, gonna be thrown into the real world (as has been said) shortly, and what better way to prepare yourself for it than to talk to those who live in it? There IS a growing amount of kids that don&#39;t seem to give a crap about their future, about anything, and it&#39;s great to see that some of you are actively trying to understand and be prepared for the world that&#39;s ahead of you&#33; I say keep it up&#33; :thumbs:

Caged Anger
04-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BobtheCkroach@Apr 22 2004, 11:58 PM
As far as kids posting, I think it&#39;s incredible that you&#39;re taking an interest in the political world&#33; You are, after all, gonna be thrown into the real world (as has been said) shortly, and what better way to prepare yourself for it than to talk to those who live in it? There IS a growing amount of kids that don&#39;t seem to give a crap about their future, about anything, and it&#39;s great to see that some of you are actively trying to understand and be prepared for the world that&#39;s ahead of you&#33; I say keep it up&#33; :thumbs:
:cool: :wootrock:

ME BIGGD01
04-23-2004, 04:55 PM
wow, i forgot about this thread :wacko:

as for not discussing politics, i am wrong to suggest that there shouldnt be any here. i for one actually would reccomend the youth to learn whats wrong with the country so when they get older they can do something to fix it. as for me bering aggitated lately, i guess that can be true with some stress as some will learn when they get older along side of others creating posts to get me frazzled. i just would like to see people lok into things better rather then just posting a statement they do not know anything about. it seems that&#39;s the way things go. as long as i have can read false point and false information, i shall post in and correct the info. i do not intend to make any of my posts offensive to anyone but the subject at hand. so as for politics--bring it on&#33;&#33;&#33; :devil:

BobtheCkroach
04-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Agreed BIGG - this thread was obviously posted w/o much research, and the information was not very correct. I totally agree with that - regardless of your age, do you research before you post something, especially something like this. But if you did your research (ladies, gentlemen, AND children of all ages) - then please post - I for one LOVE these threads&#33;

PJ'l_Master
04-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::+Apr 22 2004, 09:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (:: DARK LEVIATHAN :: @ Apr 22 2004, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PJ&#39;l_Master@Apr 8 2004, 09:02 PM

I got ur back Sal&nbsp; :cool:
Yep, with your lips all over them&#33;

:lol: [/b][/quote]
r u jealous LEV...cuz i can come to your house too :ghey:

04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes: You can have Grimmy.

Scorch
04-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Apr 23 2004, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes: You can have Grimmy.
:ghey: