PDA

View Full Version : Phial Farming Fun!!!

Sepra
04-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi all, I'm not sure if anyone wants to go phial farming with me. I need this item for the enyalio's boots encounter and someone told me this item could be farmed ahead of time. It drops off of centaurs and about 5% of them randomly drop this :bandhead:

This is the whole encounter. I hope the person I spoke to was right saying you could farm for this ahead of time and not after the encounter was already activated.....I cant see them making you farm in the middle of encounter though.

Enaylio's Boots:
Along the south wall of Arbor Glen towards the eastern corner is a "floating" island with pretty designs on the outside. Inside are two of Enaylio's Guardians, and a chest that requires a key. Talk to sphinx #1 and you get a really really long riddle. Talk to #2 and he says talk to #1. Now, if you go and farm mobs in GG/AG for a while you should come across a small crystalline phial, which can not be traded to players, and if dropped it shatters. I'd estimate about 5% of centaurs randomly drop this, as it goes into your inventory automatically, and you see a text saying something along the lines of "You found the vessel to which the heiracosphinx referred!". Now to find the jinni (answer to the riddle), go to 29, 12 in AG and search for Behrooz the Jinni, who might be a night only spawn. After killing him, return to the sphinxes and they'll congratulate you and ask you if you are prepared for battle. When you say yes, both come to life and totally owned my group so make sure you have a decent amount of good players. They use 90 a tic dots and move pretty fast, and since its a small area its kinda hard to kite. I assume that killing them gives a key for the chest, which I further assume has the boots.

Boots wub

0 Strength +15
Hits +40

1 Bonus to Strength cap: 5

2 Bonus to Dexterity cap: 5

4 Bonus to hit points cap: 40

5 Disoriented

6 Body 5%

8 Bonus to armor factor: 10

10 speed enhancement

Disoriented: Target is disoriented. They have less chance of landing melee attacks, and spells have a greater chance of landing on them.
Melee to-hit penalty: 20%
Resist piercing penalty: 0%
Target: Targetted
Range: 350
Duration: 15 sec
Casting time: instant
Damage: Spirit
Spell has a chance of casting when this armor is hit by an enemy.

speed enhancement: The movement speed of the target is increased.
Damage: 0
Target: Self
Duration: 10 min
Casting time: instant
Damage: Body
This spell is cast when the item is used.

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 02:25 PM
I would go talk to them first just in case. ;)

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 02:26 PM
"You found the vessel to which the heiracosphinx referred!".

Why would you get this message when it dropped if you have never talked to him.

Sepra
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Apr 16 2004, 09:26 AM

"You found the vessel to which the heiracosphinx referred!".

Why would you get this message when it dropped if you have never talked to him.
I know, I thought the exact same thing. But he said he farmed for it did the encounter and got wiped, then farmed for a new phial a second time and was waiting to get peeps to do the encounter again? :WTF: Maybe he's drunk.

It seems like you need a good sized grp for this. It seems kind of wacko that you would have to have the whole encounter grp stop and farm for something that only has a 5% chance of dropping. This is so confusing.....I wish the strategy was clearer.

I think I'll post on VN and see if anyone has done this.

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Have you talked to him yet?

Sepra
04-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Apr 16 2004, 09:54 AM
Have you talked to him yet?
No, not yet.

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
:rolleyes:

Sepra
04-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Apr 16 2004, 10:08 AM
Well, I was told to farm first before I do the encounter :P

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 03:30 PM

Sepra
04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Apr 16 2004, 10:30 AM
Stop that!!! :P :rofl:

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-16-2004, 03:55 PM
:rolleyes: :shifty:

Sepra
04-16-2004, 03:57 PM
:doh:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
04-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Get him Seprah...KIIIIILLL! :rofl: I feel like doing that every night to him! :devil: :w00t: :P

SASQUATCH
04-17-2004, 11:00 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sep I can help if you need it just need to know when. :thumbs:

Also I need you to send me your info to play your toon for today at 2 PM. (ML8)

SAS

Sepra
04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
I bet Jandar was one of those little boys that always stuck his tongue out........you brat!! :P :rofl:

On VN two people said to talk to the thingamawho first. One said that what I read about the phial only having a 5% chance of dropping was kinda low. He said it drops more frequently than that.