PDA

View Full Version : Lag for me

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-19-2004, 01:32 PM
:unsure: unusual lag for me... my ping was 200 but i move like500 of ping :wacko:

i wasn't uploading or with others applications opened :blink:

any idea :unsure: :WTF:

Slay
04-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Hi :wave: You know, there seems to be some people I play aginst that lag when in battle but not other people in the same game, and it would seem that some people can shoot once with the shotty and having 100/100 will kill and I'm not talking about close range either.

I don't know if it's the other peoples connection or code. I know there is a lag code that will put everybody like a few milliseconds behind and I know there is a code to make your weapons more efective.

Or

Maybe I'm a little out of practice ( Paranoid) :hmmm:

O F F $ E T
04-19-2004, 02:01 PM
:hmmm: don't know SORRY but you'll get a better ping in other servers !! :thumbs: see ya in game!!! :drink:

picard
04-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Slay@Apr 19 2004, 01:51 PM
Hi :wave: You know, there seems to be some people I play aginst that lag when in battle but not other people in the same game, and it would seem that some people can shoot once with the shotty and having 100/100 will kill and I'm not talking about close range either.

I don't know if it's the other peoples connection or code. I know there is a lag code that will put everybody like a few milliseconds behind and I know there is a code to make your weapons more efective.

Or

Maybe I'm a little out of practice ( Paranoid) :hmmm:
I think you are right... certain players i have gone toe to toe with and both of us using the shotty have beaten me...I mean..I have had 200 health and armour and every shot i made was a killer, we are not talking a winging shot with little blood ... i'm talking full on lots of blood...and yet there status colour in my cross hair does not change.......why? Is there cheats out there or what....it's the same players all the time....Why is it certail players can take the roket full brunt on the head and still live...??? now that cant be lag...can it? :bandhead: :bandhead:

Die Hard
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I used to think that some people had a special code or something that enabled them to shoot harder or last longer if shot.

But I don't feel this way anymore. As I have played Sam longer and gotten better I believe it is all about skill. I have players calling me a cheat because I kill them with one blast of the shotty and they don't kill me with several blasts. I've been toe to toe with Dan, FS and Chyl and killed them. Don't get me wrong, they have killed me many more times because their aim is generally better than mine.

I think it is all about skill and aim. You might think your aim is spot on. But it is not. When it is, it makes all the difference.

Of course lag makes a difference too but thats another story.

picard
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Apr 19 2004, 05:05 PM
I used to think that some people had a special code or something that enabled them to shoot harder or last longer if shot.

But I don't feel this way anymore. As I have played Sam longer and gotten better I believe it is all about skill. I have players calling me a cheat because I kill them with one blast of the shotty and they don't kill me with several blasts. I've been toe to toe with Dan, FS and Chyl and killed them. Don't get me wrong, they have killed me many more times because their aim is generally better than mine.

I think it is all about skill and aim. You might think your aim is spot on. But it is not. When it is, it makes all the difference.

Of course lag makes a difference too but thats another story.
DH, maybe your right and we can learn from this.

Perhaps a few players could get together in a server and pop each other with the shotty to see if there is a special kill zone...never know :blink:

Loket
04-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Definitively lag. Believe it or not, my ping was around 800. :WTF:

<<Hybrid>>
04-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Good Ping&#33; :P