PDA

View Full Version : I have a Creative TS prob.?

T I K
04-20-2004, 05:01 AM
Ok I have a prob when using TS by getting and or causing feedback to others :bandhead:

Have a Creative Aud 2 card and seperate front headset/mic volume, spdif, opt in/out etc. in drive bay.

First - I cant get TS to run by voice activation :WTF: , i have to use a designated key.

Second - when i do use TS ( with headset) it gives others feed back....... when some of the other pps are talking it seems to or does set my mic off like voice activation.......which I cant get to work - but shows up that im talking when they are :WTF: which seems to be causing this feed back :blink:

I use a head set with Creative speaker controls set to headset....ext. speakers turned off. Creative is set to default audio, using H/W 3d audio/ system driver

Also installed all new sound card drivers for the Creative aud 2........no help.

This really suxors.............and I am running out of ideas - does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this, what I could do, or even possibly try to fix this :hmmm:

Any helpful ideas or suggestions would be of much appreciation :cool:

And tx 2 you all in advance :thumbs:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Is there really a "headset" setting.....or did you use the headphone setting?

Pure_Evil
04-21-2004, 01:49 AM
Can someone help him out?? The feedback is horrible. When I talk to TIK through TS, I can see my voice key his mic. And he's wearing headphones and no speakers :blink:

Fragetti
04-21-2004, 02:20 AM
:hmmm: are you using the digital settings or EAX?

if not set speakers to desktop. turn off all inputs and outputs in the control panle
except mic (turn mic boost off)and audio out (for headphones) goto TS contols
and setup voice activation and volume levels. also turn down desktop volume to a med level then adjust TS settings. (in other words make sure everythings is not cranked up on your settings and then you try to adjust it back down in TS)Hence
feedback. Hope this helps :unsure:

You mentioned control panle in front of case make sure the mic goes to mic and headset goes to aux out etc. if thier backwards :oooo: I seen stranger things :wave:

FUS1ON
04-21-2004, 03:58 AM
If you still have sound coming out of the speakers and your headphones, the mic can pick up the sound from the speakers causing feedback, I'm sure you know this already. While troubleshooting TIK I would disconnect the speakers altogether and just work with the headset and mic for now until you figure out what the problem is.

You also might want to check the inputs on your soundcard using the software that came with it and mute what you are not using.

T I K
04-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper@Apr 20 2004, 06:55 AM

Sorry, HPC you are correct there is no selection for "Headset" it is set to (Headphones)! :online2long:

T I K
04-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Thank you guys- :wave: Thx Shogun, HPC, Pure and Frag for your help and good ideas! :thumbs:

Might get my TS to work yet :rolleyes:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by T I K+Apr 20 2004, 11:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T I K @ Apr 20 2004, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OUTLAWS high ping camper@Apr 20 2004, 06:55 AM

Sorry, HPC you are correct there is no selection for "Headset" it is set to (Headphones)&#33; :online2long: [/b][/quote]

:lol: No need to be "sorry"...I was just trying to clarify. :)

Hope you get it to work...good luck. :wave:

FUS1ON
04-28-2004, 04:46 PM
TIK was this problem ever resolved and if so, What did you do to fix it?

T I K
04-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Not sure if I got it "fixed yet" :unsure:

This is a new rig and still working some of the bugs out ...... :blink:

Installed new drivers/ver. ms drivers for my logitech elite keyboard and that seems to have solved the voice activation issue bft :cool:

Will post if that has really "fixed the prob" got to use it/ts in game to know for sure but will let you know Shogun when i know for sure.........tx :thumbs: