PDA

View Full Version : Help: getting kicked out of servers to desktop

Sid Vicious
04-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Ok this is weird and started to happen yesterday randomly in various games. During some games I’ll get kicked out to desktop with a pop up Serious Sam window message saying something like Serious Sam has encountered an error please click next to send error report or cancel. I can’t click on either choices coz it won’t let me so I just press ESC several times on desktop to get rid of the pop up window message and then suddenly my screen looks very bright so I just restart cpu to bring things back to normal. But this problem is getting very annoying especially when I’m having great games and it occars randomly.

TheMaster
04-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Uh..... maybe the game is mad that you are good at it. :lol:

TheMaster

Nitro
04-21-2004, 09:48 PM
i had that same problem a few months ago but it went away

Sid Vicious
04-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by nitrostatic@Apr 21 2004, 09:48 PM
i had that same problem a few months ago but it went away
What did you do to remedy the problem?

NO THREAT
04-26-2004, 05:59 AM
you know what i have the same problem all the time. it really bugs me. but it only takes me out to my desktop. but it is VERY annoying and it won't go away! :bandhead:

DiTomasso
04-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Stop editing the ini files. :rofl:
For real check your vid card temp and drivers :wave:

Nitro
04-26-2004, 11:37 PM
when exactly do the problems start?
when you just enter the game, or when you aare connection to a server, or....?

NO THREAT
05-06-2004, 06:25 AM
usually what happens for me is i get into a internet game and i play for a while and have fun and then maybe 10-30 minutes into the game all models will disappear from the screen, the game freezes, and an error message pops up and i just ctrl+alt+delete out of it. but it happens in lost tomb and red station the most and every now and then in yodeller. others like hole and little trouble i don't even think ive had problems in though. but i have no idea what to do to fix it. :blink:

FUS1ON
05-06-2004, 04:04 PM
What with the summertime hea you might want to open up your box and make sure dust bunnies have not moved in while your weren't looking. It would prob'ly be a good thing to do anyway.

Remember to blow out the videocard's heatsink also since it seems to effect the video.

Caged Anger
05-06-2004, 04:17 PM
sounds like a hardware issue. Vid card cleanout sounds like the right remedy. Maybe I should give it a try, I can see crud hanging out of the floppy drive so I'm a little worried about how to do it. Don wanna break anything. Could somebody give me a tip?

FUS1ON
05-06-2004, 04:43 PM
It's simple Caged, Unplug your system from elec., Get a can of compressed air and get freaky. /crosses fingers it works :wave:

Rustinator
05-25-2004, 05:12 AM
I have the same problems but it happens only a few times in the last week :wacko:

ME BIGGD01
05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
sounds like the emeory in the bios is set too high. raise the ltency up and slow the timings for the ram. this is definetly a memory timing issue. i would bet a kidney on it.

VIP SMD PEANUT LIUTENANT
05-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by >SSC<TheMaster@Apr 21 2004, 09:37 PM
Uh..... maybe the game is mad that you are good at it. :lol:

TheMaster
LOL MAN THX FOR UR HELP :thumbs: :wootrock: