PDA

View Full Version : END IT NOW !!!

Crism
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
END THE SPAM.

I dont care what it takes. I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like. I'm sick of it.

Note to admins: Please start BANNING these people for the spam. It is worthless and doesnt help a thing. I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me. This has been one of the reasons I don't come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.

Scorch
04-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Wow nice thingy in your sig :rofl: :rofl:

TheMaster
04-23-2004, 09:07 PM
And what about those threads that are made especially for spam? Should they be removed?

Crism
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by >SSC<TheMaster@Apr 23 2004, 04:07 PM
And what about those threads that are made especially for spam? Should they be removed?
No. That is because it is a spam dedicated thread and it doesnt flush out throughout the forum.

TheMaster
04-23-2004, 09:11 PM
I agree in a lot of threads though it is turning into unwanted spam. :bandhead:
I&#39;m glad that someone is standing up to it. :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
04-23-2004, 09:16 PM
nothing about spam in GM rules and spam in offtopic dont increase post count... those people just have/keeping up fun
did you ever saw real spam?

TheMaster
04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Frankly yes, in a pinned topic for this forum against spam.

Sepra
04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
:bawling: Crism

The spam isn&#39;t as bad as it used to be. Forums have been quiet. Nobody has been b*tching or causing problems. Why did you come back again? j/k Cris ;)

Sacrifice
04-23-2004, 09:35 PM
I just block out the spam posts when reading a topic.

Grimmy
04-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Apr 23 2004, 02:58 PM
END THE SPAM.

I dont care what it takes. I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like. I&#39;m sick of it.

Note to admins: Please start BANNING these people for the spam. It is worthless and doesnt help a thing. I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me. This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.
Don&#39;t read OT. Simple and effective. Get DAOC, participate in those forums. Or get PK, make some threads in other areas of GM, get a good conversation going. Wash, rinse, repeat. :)

Die Hard
04-23-2004, 10:26 PM
:sorcerer: Confucious say:

If you live in a glass-house don&#39;t throw stones.

Casanova
04-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Apr 23 2004, 11:58 PM
I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.
:WTF:

Did you ever think, that there are a lot of members not living in America or England... :WTF:

Mr Clean
04-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Apr 23 2004, 02:58 PM
END THE SPAM.

I dont care what it takes. I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like. I&#39;m sick of it.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me. This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.
This is the Off-Topic Forum, it exists for any and all posts. It is the one place that allows people to spam if they feel like it.

There are all kinds of Forums here, and you want to bitch about this one? It&#39;s one lousy Forum out of dozens. You have been here long enough to know, if you don&#39;t like it, go read something else.

Die Hard
04-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey, are those steroids kicking in yet Clean? :rofl:

<<Hybrid>>
04-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Apr 24 2004, 12:49 AM
Hey, are those steroids kicking in yet Clean? :rofl:
:lol:

FUS1ON
04-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Crism you are trying to push a chain, give up it bud. I hate spam as much or more than anyone. The problem is that the people that would complain about it don&#39;t come to this section anymore because of spam and other crap threads and therefore they won&#39;t see this thread.

<<Hybrid>>
04-23-2004, 11:45 PM
There is nice spam, fun spam and SPAM
first two keeps these forums alive, third one i saw only on special spam threads made at all clan general topics

Caged Anger
04-24-2004, 12:19 AM
how do you catagorize spam? I think of it as posts that have nothing to do with the main topic.
But i don&#39;t think smilies are spam, sometimes all someone wants to say is that&#39;s funny and not say it in words.
Nor do I think that when the posts deviate from the main topic slightly. Not a complete 180, is that spam. Sometimes people see something they want to add to a thread, something related in another way, but don&#39;t wish to start a new thread.

I think the bottom line is, junk is spam, but little inserts and complaints keep the forums going. If they weren&#39;t part of it, Sal would be throwing his money away hosting this site. :lol:

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy+Apr 23 2004, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimmy @ Apr 23 2004, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Crism@Apr 23 2004, 02:58 PM
END THE SPAM.&nbsp;

I dont care what it takes.&nbsp; I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like.&nbsp; I&#39;m sick of it.&nbsp;

Note to admins:&nbsp; Please start BANNING these people for the spam.&nbsp; It is worthless and doesnt help a thing.&nbsp; I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me.&nbsp; This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.
Don&#39;t read OT. Simple and effective. Get DAOC, participate in those forums. Or get PK, make some threads in other areas of GM, get a good conversation going. Wash, rinse, repeat. :) [/b][/quote]
DAOC and Painkiller :rolf1: :rolf1: :rolf1: :rolf1: :rolf1:

Grimmy you crack me up :thumbs:

Grimmy
04-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Apr 23 2004, 09:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Apr 23 2004, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grimmy@Apr 23 2004, 05:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Crism@Apr 23 2004, 02:58 PM
END THE SPAM.*

I dont care what it takes.* I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like.* I&#39;m sick of it.*

Note to admins:* Please start BANNING these people for the spam.* It is worthless and doesnt help a thing.* I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me.* This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.
Don&#39;t read OT. Simple and effective. Get DAOC, participate in those forums. Or get PK, make some threads in other areas of GM, get a good conversation going. Wash, rinse, repeat. :)

Grimmy you crack me up :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Just a self reference being made there. I have UT03, but I don&#39;t like it and never got into it with all the aiming bots n such. Just used for an example as well, just look at the number of topics and how many replies. It just shows that a lot of the members here, or some talk a lot about that particular game. Soon I hope there will be a PK forum :w00t: :wootrock:

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy+Apr 23 2004, 11:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimmy @ Apr 23 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Apr 23 2004, 09:09 PM

END THE SPAM.*

I dont care what it takes.* I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like.* I&#39;m sick of it.*

Note to admins:* Please start BANNING these people for the spam.* It is worthless and doesnt help a thing.* I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me.* This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.

Just a self reference being made there. I have UT03, but I don&#39;t like it and never got into it with all the aiming bots n such. Just used for an example as well, just look at the number of topics and how many replies. It just shows that a lot of the members here, or some talk a lot about that particular game. Soon I hope there will be a PK forum :w00t: :wootrock: [/b][/quote]
everyone moved to 2004 :rolleyes:

Just busting on ya bro, here&#39;s to you Grimmy :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/68.gif http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/510.gif

all we need is Clean for---&#62; http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/sauforgie.gif

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Apr 23 2004, 11:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Apr 23 2004, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grimmy@Apr 23 2004, 11:31 PM

END THE SPAM.*

Just a self reference being made there. I have UT03, but I don&#39;t like it and never got into it with all the aiming bots n such. Just used for an example as well, just look at the number of topics and how many replies. It just shows that a lot of the members here, or some talk a lot about that particular game. Soon I hope there will be a PK forum :w00t: :wootrock:

Just busting on ya bro, here&#39;s to you Grimmy :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/68.gif http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/510.gif

all we need is Clean for---&#62; http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/sauforgie.gif [/b][/quote]
OH, that is almost SPAM&#33;
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/colarum.gif

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Apr 23 2004, 11:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Apr 23 2004, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Apr 23 2004, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by Grimmy@Apr 23 2004, 11:31 PM

END THE SPAM.*

all we need is Clean for---&#62; http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/sauforgie.gif
OH, that is almost SPAM&#33;
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/colarum.gif [/b][/quote]
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/trinken002.gif ;)

Grimmy
04-24-2004, 03:51 AM
pass me some coke and rum please :w00t: :drink: :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
04-24-2004, 03:51 AM
hmmm....but does anybody play painkiller?

I don&#39;t mean anybody here, i mean anybody?

look at the screen shot, 52 servers, 29 players, hell, sam gets that many players at times....

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Apr 23 2004, 11:51 PM
pass me some coke and rum please :w00t: :drink: :thumbs:
here ya go http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/colarum.gif

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:54 AM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/37.gif

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 23 2004, 11:51 PM

look at the screen shot, 52 servers, 29 players, hell, sam gets that many players at times....
if, and I mean if they ever get the netcode smoothed out to the level of UT or Q-3, I&#39;ll buy it, until then, nope ;)

I&#39;m amazed at how many companies fail to realize the importance of multiplayer.

Grimmy
04-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 23 2004, 09:51 PM

Then again, those servers are mostly high pingage ones. I sort mine by ping and there is always someone playing.

Think most people are scared because there was some probs when it came out, but in all the playing I have done online with PK, I haven&#39;t noticed anything. Just when like 8-10 people were in the same server, then it started to show. Same thing with sam. Have to admit, the potential is definately there. Atleast they put out a good patch already for PK, unlike.......well you know :P

Give it a little more time, and it will come around. All games have bugs and need to be tweaked once it&#39;s available to the pulic. :)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-24-2004, 04:04 AM
Warning&#33;&#33;&#33;: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl: :wave:

<<Hybrid>>
04-24-2004, 04:34 AM
i like beer

Nitro
04-24-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Crism@Apr 23 2004, 03:58 PM
END THE SPAM.

someone pms-ing :oooo:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by nitrostatic+Apr 23 2004, 09:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nitrostatic @ Apr 23 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Crism@Apr 23 2004, 03:58 PM
END THE SPAM.&nbsp;

I dont care what it takes.&nbsp; I come here every once in a while and I go into a decent thread started by a normal person and I see a few good posts, then it turns into CRAP AND JIBBERISH from people like Asian Invasion and EXEcution and the like.&nbsp; I&#39;m sick of it.&nbsp;

Note to admins:&nbsp; Please start BANNING these people for the spam.&nbsp; It is worthless and doesnt help a thing.&nbsp; I think people should ALSO consider an ENGLISH COURSE.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I DO HOPE a majority of you all agree with me.&nbsp; This has been one of the reasons I don&#39;t come here much often, other than just loosing interest in the games.
someone pms-ing :oooo: [/b][/quote]
i think his balls finally dropped

Grimmy
04-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper+Apr 23 2004, 11:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS high ping camper @ Apr 23 2004, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nitrostatic@Apr 23 2004, 09:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Crism@Apr 23 2004, 03:58 PM
END THE SPAM.*

someone pms-ing :oooo:
i think his balls finally dropped [/b][/quote]
You sure about that, I think one might be hanging up. Maybe a slice from the pain will help, and then shoot it down with the killer will make it all feel better. :devil:

long-island-ice-tea
04-24-2004, 10:08 AM

WTF I thougt when I read this....... :bandhead: :bandhead:
Sorry that some person here in Gamemecca are not out of English speaking countrys

Crism
04-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by long-island-ice-tea@Apr 24 2004, 05:08 AM

Sorry that some person here in Gamemecca are not out of English speaking countrys
That was directed to one person, Asian. All of his posts are jibberish.

EXEcution
04-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Crism+Apr 24 2004, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crism @ Apr 24 2004, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long&#045;island&#045;ice&#045;tea@Apr 24 2004, 05:08 AM

WTF I thougt when I read this....... :bandhead:&nbsp; :bandhead:&nbsp;
That was directed to one person, Asian. All of his posts are jibberish. [/b][/quote]
Nuh-uh Asian is kewl, he is a great addition to GM, making threads about ending spam won&#39;t end spam, why don&#39;t you trying doing something else, frankly i don&#39;t think there is anything wrong.
And i have made MANY threads in the PC Gaming forum regarding upcoming games, and i posted some reviews, as well as a movie making tutorial, what have you done? (just cuz i have a high post count doesn&#39;t mean that all i do is spam) Don&#39;t say that you never spam either just cause you stopped coming here.
As for the english course, this isn&#39;t GrammarMecca and its not a very big issue.
If you dont wanna look at what others post...then don&#39;t. :wave:

Nitro
04-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Crism+Apr 24 2004, 10:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crism @ Apr 24 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long&#045;island&#045;ice&#045;tea@Apr 24 2004, 05:08 AM

WTF I thougt when I read this....... :bandhead:&nbsp; :bandhead:&nbsp;
That was directed to one person, Asian. All of his posts are jibberish. [/b][/quote]
just stop the bitching and get a life :thumbs:
That&#39;s wat I&#39;ve been doing

chaotic42
04-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by long-island-ice-tea@Apr 24 2004, 05:08 AM

Like you?

:P

Sorry.

<--Goes back to lurking

Seriously Deadly
04-24-2004, 09:22 PM
This is crazy. The guy who started this topic isnt here , and people are spaming it up.Its gonna be 815 pages again....

Nitro
04-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Max-Pain2@Apr 24 2004, 04:22 PM
This is crazy. The guy who started this topic isnt here , and people are spaming it up.Its gonna be 815 pages again....
just ot piss him off more :cool:

Nitro
04-24-2004, 09:38 PM
tootsie roll

long-island-ice-tea
04-25-2004, 09:51 AM
you should find a Job and go working and not open this threads

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-25-2004, 11:13 AM
i wish i had a verry goooood inglish but ai&#39;m a italian stupid guy :P

....perchč allora non provi tu a scrivere qualcosa in italiano, č una lingua di gran lunga pių difficile dell&#39;inglese... provare per credere ;)

Sepra
04-25-2004, 01:07 PM
I still cant believe EXE said "nuh-uh" :rofl:

:+:13375n1p4:+:
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by (Villains)****Death Sentence****@Apr 25 2004, 07:13 PM
i&#39;m a italian stupid guy :P

Narator: the italian man... who went to molto
Italian Guy: wadda day i went to molta BIG HOTEL.... In the morning i go down to eata breakfast.... I tell the waitress i want TWO PIECE OF TOAST but she oni ONE PIECE.... I tell her i wan TWO PIECE... she say "go to the toilet"......I say you no understand? I wanna two PIECE on my PLATE.... she say " U better NO piss on the plate you son of a bi***

Later i go BACk to my room in a hotel.....but there were NO SHEETS ON THE BED
Call the manager and tell him " I wan a sheet".... he say go to the toilet i say u no understand i wan a sheet on the bad then he say " you better no sh** on the bed you son of a bi***"

Later at checkout the man at the desk said "Peace on YOU"
I say "PISS ON YOU TOO YOU SON OF A BI***"
Haih I am going back to ITALY

hehehehehe i love this story :rolleyes:

EXEcution
04-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Sepra@Apr 25 2004, 09:07 AM
I still cant believe EXE said "nuh-uh" :rofl:
:D

long-island-ice-tea
04-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by (Villains)****Death Sentence****@Apr 25 2004, 11:13 AM
i wish i had a verry goooood inglish but ai&#39;m a italian stupid guy :P

....perchč allora non provi tu a scrivere qualcosa in italiano, č una lingua di gran lunga pių difficile dell&#39;inglese... provare per credere ;)
credere means something like thinking or?

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-25-2004, 04:51 PM
yes you&#39;re right ;)

long-island-ice-tea
04-25-2004, 06:46 PM
hehe

I have LAtin in school....

Dead
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
crism here is my opinion:
spam is a way of venting out any emotion, i mean it usually makes people laugh
dont bother going against spam, you wont win
but anyway spam IS allowed here right?

Dark Reign
04-25-2004, 09:43 PM
I will have to agree with Crism. I do remember the conflict over it back at Seriously&#33;, and how I argued that it was that big of a hassle to skip over. How nieve I was.
Spam has ruined the Off-Topic forum with it&#39;s three-word responses, mindless polls, and cluttering threads. I like the Off-Topic Forum, it&#39;s a great place to go to discuss anything besides video games.
But the spam has just gotten to the point that I have found myself and other GM members (who have been here since it started) visiting less and less.

So I suggest we create a "Spam" forum where posts do no count, where we can put all of our dedicated spam threads and then ban all spam in any other forum including Off-Topic, and those who spam outside of the spam forum can just go through the same old warning system (warning, temporary ban..etc.)
This way we can enjoy the off-topic forum without dealing with the dumbass garbage cluttering it.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Everyone is guilty of spamming at one time or another. It just seems (to me) that some folks spam more than others.

Not sure if you&#39;re a spammer? Well, that&#39;s a tough call to make.

One man&#39;s spam is another man&#39;s well thought out (short) response.

Here&#39;s my spin on it........if it&#39;s funny.....it&#39;s not spam. But hey, I&#39;m just here for my amusement. :)

:+:13375n1p4:+:
04-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Apr 24 2004, 06:26 AM
:sorcerer: Confucious say:

If you live in a glass-house don&#39;t throw stones.
Confucious oso say:

Wh@t @r3 Sp@m ThR3aDs 4 Th3n?

He Is Legend
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Cant we all just get along?

Pure_Evil
04-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Chaotic@Apr 26 2004, 10:23 AM
Cant we all just get along?
STFU Biotch&#33;

:wave: hi Chao, you sexeh beast ;)

EXEcution
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@Apr 25 2004, 05:43 PM
I like the Off-Topic Forum, it&#39;s a great place to go to discuss anything besides video games.

well, what do you want to talk about besides video games?
The ot is made for ANYTHING and spam is fun to read sometimes. (like you comments back in the day in BlaBla)
This IS a gaming forum after all and not a forum about politics, or other issues, but if you wanna talk about them then go ahead just don&#39;t expect as many people to be interested. :blink:

Dark Reign
04-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.+Apr 26 2004, 07:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.:EXEcution:. @ Apr 26 2004, 07:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dark Reign@Apr 25 2004, 05:43 PM
I like the Off-Topic Forum, it&#39;s a great place to go to discuss anything besides video games.

The ot is made for ANYTHING and spam is fun to read sometimes. (like you comments back in the day in BlaBla)
This IS a gaming forum after all and not a forum about politics, or other issues, but if you wanna talk about them then go ahead just don&#39;t expect as many people to be interested. :blink: [/b][/quote]
I never deined that I have contributed to the spam, I am guilty of it. And to say that other people don&#39;t care for other issues is dumb. I don&#39;t care much for discussing politics anymore, but I still enjoy talking about movies, music, sports, etc. as well as others. But then of course comes the spam that turns the subject off the topic and basically kills what could have been an interesting conversation.

FUS1ON
04-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@Apr 26 2004, 02:45 PM
But then of course comes the spam that turns the subject off the topic and basically kills what could have been an interesting conversation.
Exactly&#33; :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
So DR, and some of the others... How many threads have you created lately to keep things interesting and alive?

:hmmm:

none perhaps?

EXEcution
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Dark Reign+Apr 26 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dark Reign &#064; Apr 26 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Apr 26 2004, 07:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dark Reign@Apr 25 2004, 05:43 PM

This IS a gaming forum after all and not a forum about politics, or other issues, but if you wanna talk about them then go ahead just don&#39;t expect as many people to be interested. :blink:
I never deined that I have contributed to the spam, I am guilty of it. And to say that other people don&#39;t care for other issues is dumb. I don&#39;t care much for discussing politics anymore, but I still enjoy talking about movies, music, sports, etc. as well as others. But then of course comes the spam that turns the subject off the topic and basically kills what could have been an interesting conversation. [/b][/quote]
I never said people don&#39;t care for other issues, there is just a younger audience at GM that probably won&#39;t be interested for some of the things older, or more mature members post about politics or other issues
ALSO
Myself, as well as other members, have been making game movies to keep people here entertained. I think that some user created media can&#39;t hurt and its fun to watch no matter how old you are. I am currently working on another movie, and once i purchase some decent hosting, i will share it with all of GM. :wave:

Dark Reign
04-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 26 2004, 09:19 PM
So DR, and some of the others... How many threads have you created lately to keep things interesting and alive?

:hmmm:

none perhaps?
None. I honestly have not been around GM as much as I use to.
But I&#39;m not complaining that their has been too little threads of intrest, I&#39;m complaining about the volume of spam. Two different things.

EXEcution
04-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Also you must remember that most of the GREAT GM members are now DAC&#39;ed and may never return (until a permanent server crash) and they have not been able to post as much so the other members that are not DAC&#39;ed get bored and start spamming.
I think Jim would agree with me on that.

TheUltimateWarrior
04-27-2004, 04:39 AM
I&#39;m probably one of the biggest spammers on GM... Still I keep my post to the spamtread Nobody... I rarely post anywhere else anymore, cause there is too much spam that kills a topic like DR said... Cant we just keep the spam to the spam topics?

JIMINATOR
04-27-2004, 06:10 AM
tuw, you have got to be joking. i like your thread, and lots of times you
actually post meaningful stuff there, but the spam ratio - there maybe
20 pages of nothing at any given time, so i gots to pass on it.... the
spam has killed your thread for me....

PJ'l_Master
04-27-2004, 05:47 PM
spam is inevitable...

was that spam too crism?

BobtheCkroach
04-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Also you must remember that most of the GREAT GM members are now DAC&#39;ed and may never return

What is DAC&#39;ed?

FUS1ON
04-28-2004, 04:49 PM
They meant DAoC (Dark Ages of Camelot)