PDA

View Full Version : The #1 pick ...

FUS1ON
04-24-2004, 05:03 PM
The #1 pick of the NFL draft is Eli Manning from Ole Miss and taken by San Diego. I loved it when he was asked about the boos, he said "I've heard the boos before, I've been to LSU and heard their fans" :rofl: Looks like now he might be traded to the Giants.

My team Minnesota has the 19th selection, Hope we finally get someone good. :oooo:

FUS1ON
04-24-2004, 05:14 PM
And they just did it :blink:

04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Apr 24 2004, 09:14 AM
And they just did it  :blink:
San Diego had to. The Manning family said that Eli wouldn't play for SD and hinted that he would sit out the season. With Peyton's millions backing Eli up that would be possible so the Chargers couldn't risk seeing if that was a bluff.

04-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Apr 24 2004, 11:49 AM
Chargers did good considering he wouldn't play there.....3 picks and a QB. Let's hope the Giants take last in 2005 :wootrock:
In terms of draft picks, I'd say this is better than what they got for the Michael Vick pick. Just hope the talent evaluation is right and Rivers is worth the 4th pick overall. :unsure:

I'll be rooting against the Giants this year too...two top 10 picks next year would be nice. :thumbs: And yes, I'm presuming the Chargers will stink it up again this year. I'm used to it. :P

Dark Reign
04-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Ughhhhhh. If I hate anything about football, it's whiny players like Eli Manning('s family) and Terrell Owens who just simply "refuse" to play for a certain team.

FUS1ON
04-25-2004, 04:06 AM
My favorite college team The LSU Tigers (National Champions :wootrock: ) didn't lose many players this year but they did lose a goodie in Micheal Clayton (WR) who went to Tampa Bay in the 1st round :thumbs:

SALvation
04-25-2004, 04:08 AM
Well the Lions got one of the best wide receivers and one of the best running backs available. Here's hoping we get to .500 this year. :)

Dan2
04-25-2004, 04:44 AM
Good move San Diego.

Dallas is pinning their hopes on a Notre Dame RB (quick: name one who was successful in the NFL. :wacko: ) Hopefully Parcells can mold him.
The O line was strengthened with 2 monsters, one from good ole LSU. :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
04-25-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 24 2004, 11:08 PM
Well the Lions got one of the best wide receivers and one of the best running backs available. Here's hoping we get to .500 this year. :)
:rofl:

FUS1ON
04-25-2004, 05:28 AM
With an already potent offense and sorry defense lastyear looks like my Vikes are going it the right direction so far picking Kenechi Udeze (DE) from USC, Dontarrious Thomas (ILB) from Auburn and Darrion Scott (DE) from Ohio State. WTG guys more of the same tomorrow! :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
04-25-2004, 05:39 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Eli Manning is a whiny little bitch? They make the draft the way they do so that the worst team has access to the best player - if the Chargers see it in their best interests to trade him, then so be it, but it's just stupid for someone to demand something like that - makes you wonder how many atheletes actually play for the Love of the game anymore, doesn't it?

Take a lesson from LeBron and 'Mello - it says a lot to drag a POS team out and make them a playoff contention team. Of course, Manning is still in a Hellhole w/ the Giants...

FUS1ON
04-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Teams are built on draft picks with picks being the key word not one player. if you don't believe me, Case in point Hershal Walker to Minnesota from Dallas for multiple players = Super Bowl. Nuff said! ;)

But while I do agree that it's pretty wussyfied that he dictated where he would and wouldn't play but you have to remember that his father played for the New Orleans Saints for YEARS infact almost his whole career and on some crappy teams. I'm sure that fact played into their decision to handle things they way they did.

Pure_Evil
04-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BobtheCkroach@Apr 25 2004, 01:39 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Eli Manning is a whiny little bitch? They make the draft the way they do so that the worst team has access to the best player - if the Chargers see it in their best interests to trade him, then so be it, but it's just stupid for someone to demand something like that - makes you wonder how many atheletes actually play for the Love of the game anymore, doesn't it?

Take a lesson from LeBron and 'Mello - it says a lot to drag a POS team out and make them a playoff contention team. Of course, Manning is still in a Hellhole w/ the Giants...
ask Ryan Leaf about how great the Chargers are at developing draft pics??

Manning did the right thing, and maybe the Chargers should straighten their crap out if they want to atract players.

EdoG
04-26-2004, 01:54 AM
My team got the #2 pick Robert Gallery

http://www.nfl.com/images/draft/2004/mugs/robert_gallery.jpg

Death-Dude
04-26-2004, 02:10 AM
Gallery is an animal, powerful and mean. Not Lester Hayes mean, but pretty darn mean. He should be a plus to any team.

SALvation
04-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare+Apr 25 2004, 03:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Terminathare @ Apr 25 2004, 03:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SALvation@Apr 24 2004, 09:08 PM
Well the Lions got one of the best wide receivers and one of the best running backs available. Here&#39;s hoping we get to .500 this year. :)
Didn&#39;t you have one of the best rookie wideouts last year too? [/b][/quote]
Yea...he got injured in game #4 and was out for the year.

04-26-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Apr 25 2004, 03:52 PM
ask Ryan Leaf about how great the Chargers are at developing draft pics??

Manning did the right thing, and maybe the Chargers should straighten their crap out if they want to atract players.

Leaf would&#39;ve failed anywhere with his bad attitude and work ethic. He never worked hard and resisted conditioning work which might have helped his slooow foot speed. Drafting him was a major failure...in assessing who has pro level talent.

True the Chargers have made a lot of mistakes over the decades but I doubt Manning was motivated by their lack of recent history developing quarterbacks-more likely the fact that they are totally rebuilding the O line (along with the whole team other than Tomlinson) and he wants to live. :lol: