PDA

View Full Version : S-Video

<<Hybrid>>
04-29-2004, 11:41 PM
damn&#33;
i have dual boot installed winXp and WinME
i connected my PC to TV to watch movies, that was impossible as you know, becouse PC works with 60 and more Hz, but TV with 50Hz
i found that GeForce nView supports S-Video and is configurable to watch movies. After watching i connected case back to monitor, but its turning off when loading windows. With XP i solved problem with "Use last best known config"option, on WinME its not working. i know its something with drivers or video card, becouse my XP works and windows98 load screen works too.
i am not saying that winME dont work, just i havent screen.
anyone know how to solve problem and return to normal?
btw when i amconnecting my PC back to TV, its working good. But monitor shuts down :wacko:

<<Hybrid>>
04-29-2004, 11:42 PM
yea i know, my eng is bad, so if you dont understand me, i will try to explain

OUTLAWS Behind You?
04-30-2004, 02:45 AM
Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Also, check the boot options when you hit F8 (or is it hold ctrl during boot to get options) for a VGA boot.

<<Hybrid>>
04-30-2004, 01:15 PM
noone of those option helped, safe mode too
actually in safe mode PC turns off video drivers, but my monitor is still turning off

SALvation
04-30-2004, 01:41 PM
It sounds like your settings for your vid card are still set to output to your TV. Make sure you go into your display properties and change the settings back to your monitor.

Caged Anger
04-30-2004, 04:17 PM
my radeon 9000 won&#39;t work on a monitor if the setting is still set to TV. I think Sal&#39;s idea might be the problem maker

<<Hybrid>>
04-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 30 2004, 03:41 PM
It sounds like your settings for your vid card are still set to output to your TV. Make sure you go into your display properties and change the settings back to your monitor.
i did... thats not working. I plugged back to TV and tried to change back nView settings, after restart and plug back to monitor, its still turning off. Some bug i think. k i will try to search google, if noone is with "you" on S-Video :thumbs: