PDA

View Full Version : AsylumLAN 16 Recap!!!

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Man.. what a weekend. Lots of fun times went on. The 6v6 Onslaught tournament was a pain full experience....... for the other team.

The first round was actually our "cloest" match. It was on Dawn against the team that would eventually win the CoD tourney the following day. They had some awesome teamwork and got the nodes built almost as fast as we did. The bad part was that they just didnt know UT. Our fragging ability was the key difference in this match. We had a great strategy in place covering both side of the map, grabbing both super weapons, and meeting at the two nodes in the middle. From there we rolled on down to their closest two nodes and got in there base for the victory. We won each of the two rounds in about 7 minutes roughly.

Second round was against Ev3 (SSB_Master's clan). It was on the HUGE map Dria. We didn't have as good of a strategy planned on this one. I think this was mostly because of the size of the map. There was just so much ground to cover. We had a pretty good strat for the start and we just went from there. Each match was a bit quicker than the matches in the first round.

Third round.....the finals.... the game that made the whole weekend for me. This was against Clan -187-. They are a clan that comes from the original UT days and have been coming to AL's for quite some time. Their skills aren't quite there yet, but they are some great guys and took this match well.

The map was Crossfire. I will try to explain as best as I can the strat we used to win each round in about 2 minutes each.

From the start, Stale would get in the Hummer.. me and Dakota would ride along. Zero would grab the scorpian, gold would ride on top, and Bright Fury would get in the Raptor.

Zero, Gold, and Fury headed to the midle node. Gold headed to the middle node, then turned up the staircase to get the Target Painter (which convienetly looks right over the enemies second node.

Stale dropped me and Dakota off at Node 1 and drove right on two node 2. Me and Dakota double teamed node 1 until it was compleated. This allowed FuUry and Zero to double team the middle, while Stale worked on our node 2 solo style.

Working 2 vs 1.. Zero and Fury got the middle node up (with help of the double damage) before Stale did. Those two, along with me and Dakota from node 1, all proceeded to the enemy node 1 (that is now vulnerable because the middle was captured). When Stale hit 75% of his node, he called it out to Gold. Gold layed the Target Painter on the enemy node 2. By the time the bombs hit, Stale's node was done opening that node up to attack. The target painter comes in, destroys that node in one hit, leaving their team down to just their first node. Since we already had 4 people that first node, it wasnt long before it was destroyed too. We triple teamed it to get it built up in NO time.

Zero, Fury, Gold, Dakota, and myself ALL head to the core. We start pounding on it. Stale.. still on the other side of the map.. grabs the redeemer by that node 2 that he worked on. He shoots it secondary style to guide it. He routs it over to the core and blows it up for the win.

The second round was more of the same.

It seriously probably took you longer to read this than to actually play it. Our strat was perfect, and before their team could react to what happened, we were already destroying their core.

The admin's of the tournament didn't take server side demo's (gg :/), so the best I can do is let you watch mine. You wont be able to see the nodes, but the key part is basically just how FAST we make all this happen.

We were on Ventrilo just ROLLING with laughter and had a lot of good times talking about it at BW3's afterwards.

By the way.. I got a hole in one on a Par 4 on Golden Tee that night as well. :cool:

Here is the demo for the final match. Two rounds.

Final Match Demo - 4 Minutes Long - Two Rounds (http://smooth.gummiclan.com/asylumlan16/onstourney3.demo4)

After the victory, we collected our trophies. :wootrock:

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/asylumlan16/teamtrophies.jpg
http://smooth.gummiclan.com/asylumlan16/onstrophy.jpg

Then.. we took a pic of just the GB's present. :jammin:

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/asylumlan16/gbtrophies.jpg

Then.. we had to show off the new names and numbers!!! We just got them done this past Friday! :D Major League Baseball style. I swear we look like we could go play the Yankees tomorrow. BIGTIME Kudos to the lady who made those up for us. Fully embroidered/stitched jersey's. No Heat Seal letters here.

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/asylumlan16/gbbacks.jpg

Pure_Evil
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Purr-ple's shirt is a bit too long in the back :oooo: :P

EXEcution
05-03-2004, 03:19 PM
:wootrock: Congrats Gummis!

JIMINATOR
05-03-2004, 03:22 PM
wow, congrats man, a very well deserved victory. makes me almost
want to go out and buy.... nah, hell with that. :P but a great
congrats to you guys! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

noldhor
05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Lol Pure :lol:

Congratz Gummi clan :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
05-03-2004, 05:03 PM
soz.... what did you guys win, aside from the nice trophys
and the satisfaction of knowing you are the best... :hmmm:

PJ'l_Master
05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
cool shirts

Pure_Evil
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Who won the SSSE tourney at AsylumLAN 16??? :WTF:

:rofl: :drink: :rofl: :drink: :rofl: :drink: :rofl:

:wave:

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-03-2004, 05:50 PM
That's all AsylumLAN gives out. Trophies. MML is the only tournament that Ive ever competed in for cash. THey look cool tho and are always fun to put on top of your PC when you go to lan's :)

SSSE?

Pure_Evil
05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@May 3 2004, 01:50 PM
That's all AsylumLAN gives out. Trophies. MML is the only tournament that Ive ever competed in for cash. THey look cool tho and are always fun to put on top of your PC when you go to lan's :)

SSSE?
oops, congratulations! :thumbs:

SSSE= Serious Sam the Second Encounter, you know, the #1 FPS of all time! Shurely they had a SSSE tourney :WTF:

Bright Fury
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Just a minor correction to that, I took off in the scorpion on Crossfire w/ Gold riding the turret till we got to the center node.

Burn the Witch
05-03-2004, 07:01 PM
When do {DS} get their own outfits? :(

Pure_Evil
05-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@May 3 2004, 03:01 PM
Gummi shirts cost over $70 a piece I believe, we can't even get 10 members to cough up money for a server, let alone slick shirts like those :rofl:

Diss was working on it, but he dropped the ball :oooo:

Everything I had going, Diss shot down :rofl:

I have no tatse, but bad :devil:

Pure_Evil
05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@May 3 2004, 03:01 PM
better question, when will Pimp photoshop those pics :devil:

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-03-2004, 07:56 PM
The jersey's cost anywhere from $91-$100 depending on hwo many numbers and stuff.

Believe me.. it definetly takes someone stepping up to get it all coordinated. I REALLLLY wanted these, so I took the initiative to contact local embroidery shops, come up with color's, designs, fonts, styles, etc. Got in touch with everyone intrested, got price quotes, estimated time of completion, etc.

They cost a good amount of money, but everyone agreed that they wanted something that looked professional. Everyone seems to have Tshirts.. which is cool.. heck we had Tshirts back at MML1.. but to take it up a notch, we went with jerseys. Not just any jersey's, but real Major Legue Baseball style ones.

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/jersey

They are the thick style jersey.. not the thin tshirt kind. The logo on the arm is fully emboirderd. The chest and back uses twill fabric (commonly used when making jersey's) stitched on around the edges. Chest and numbers used two colors, name used one.

She types the info into her computer, and her software programs the machine to cut and stitch just right.

Dissectional
05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 3 2004, 02:05 PM

Diss was working on it, but he dropped the ball :oooo:

Everything I had going, Diss shot down :rofl:

BAH...Diss DID drop the ball...

But like Pure said...we can't get money from people for the server, how we going to get money for tight ass threads that we can all pimp?

I still think that american football or soccer jerseys would be pretty sweet.

Anway...GG Gummi's! And also to Dakota and Fury! :w00t:

unforgiven
05-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Actually i might be doing that diss once i get a job. that would be sweet american football jersy all the way :thumbs:

Thundarr
05-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Great job Gummis and friends! Nice jerseys too!! :thumbs: :wave:

steve-o
05-04-2004, 01:33 PM
:thumbs:

[EvL]Dakota
05-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks for giving me the chance to team up with you guys. It was a lot of fun. I still can't get over that last match. It was awesome. Finished both rounds in less than 4 minutes.

SASQUATCH
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM
:thumbs:

Goober
05-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Congratulations Gummi's Dakota and Fury. Can't wait until this fall to see you all again......Hopefully I won't see Dakota in the same 1 on 1 deathmatch as last year. ( he spanked me unmercifully). Y'all a good bunch of people.

Too bad we can't afford cool shirts, maybe we could rip up some rags and get some colored markers and make us some bad ass head bands. That should show the world what we're all about.

EXEcution
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Goober@May 4 2004, 11:21 AM
Congratulations Gummi's Dakota and Fury. Can't wait until this fall to see you all again......Hopefully I won't see Dakota in the same 1 on 1 deathmatch as last year. ( he spanked me unmercifully). Y'all a good bunch of people.

Too bad we can't afford cool shirts, maybe we could rip up some rags and get some colored markers and make us some bad ass head bands. That should show the world what we're all about.
:lol: headbands.....

PJ'l_Master
05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 3 2004, 03:05 PM
Gummi shirts cost over $70 a piece I believe, we can't even get 10 members to cough up money for a server, let alone slick shirts like those :rofl:

How much is the server and how much have you raised so far?

BTW...Doesnt Diss work at some kind of sporting goods store? :oooo:

good call with the football jerseys unfo :jammin:

Pure_Evil
05-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by PJ&#39;l_Master+May 4 2004, 12:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PJ&#39;l_Master @ May 4 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pure_Evil@May 3 2004, 03:05 PM
Gummi shirts cost over &#036;70 a piece I believe, we can&#39;t even get 10 members to cough up money for a server, let alone slick shirts like those&nbsp; :rofl:

good call with the football jerseys unfo :jammin: [/b][/quote]
Server is &#036;450 a year, and none of your business :P

Yes, he does, and that option was explored already.

I like the headband idea myself, but not some cheesey sweatband, I&#39;m talking long ass Jimi Hendrix style&#33; :cool: :jammin:

PJ'l_Master
05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+May 4 2004, 12:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ May 4 2004, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by PJ&#39;l_Master@May 4 2004, 12:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Pure_Evil@May 3 2004, 03:05 PM
Gummi shirts cost over &#036;70 a piece I believe, we can&#39;t even get 10 members to cough up money for a server, let alone slick shirts like those* :rofl:

good call with the football jerseys unfo :jammin:
Server is &#036;450 a year, and none of your business :P

Yes, he does, and that option was explored already.

I like the headband idea myself, but not some cheesey sweatband, I&#39;m talking long ass Jimi Hendrix style&#33; :cool: :jammin: [/b][/quote]
well if thats the way you want to be then maybe i wont chip in some &#036;&#036;&#036; for it :dry:

couldnt you have PIMP make a design and then just put in on the back of a t-shirt?

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-10-2004, 04:02 PM
AsylumLAN has updated the hall of fame&#33;

http://www.asylumlan.com/al_fame.php

There is a typo. We didn&#39;t win UT2K3:DM hahaha it was UT2K4:ONS

This makes appearance #4 for yours truly.. Zero and Gold.. its there second appearnce.. and Dakota, Stale, and Bright Fury all get their first appearance&#33; :wootrock: gg&#33;&#33;&#33;

Pure_Evil
05-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Here&#39;s a better picture for it&#33; :angel:

http://home.comcast.net/~running2xs/gbback.jpg

:rofl: not my work, but I had to post it&#33;

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-10-2004, 04:10 PM
roflcopter

you guys are terrible

PJ'l_Master
05-10-2004, 04:12 PM
good job pimp

LaSH
05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
that has got to be the funniest sh&#33;t i have saw in a looong time. :w00t: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

unforgiven
05-10-2004, 09:24 PM
:rofl:

EXEcution
05-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 10 2004, 12:06 PM
Here&#39;s a better picture for it&#33; :angel:

http://home.comcast.net/~running2xs/gbback.jpg

:rofl: not my work, but I had to post it&#33;
:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Casanova
05-10-2004, 11:14 PM