PDA

View Full Version : SASSER=PWNT!

EXEcution
05-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I just recently did a format of my HDD, and just when i finish installing my internet connection software i get a countdown!!
I had 59 secs be4 my system shut down, so after some reseach i figured out it was a virus (me=genIOUS).
It was annoying as hell having the virus infect my system after 3 formats, but i downloaded the removal tool from Systemantec and it found and removed it.
Just a tipo those the ever got it or have it you can cancel the shutdown counter by going into command prompt and typing in shutdown.exe -a :shifty:
It cancelled the counter and my system ran slow (internet ran slow too) but it gave me time to find the fix.
I hope you all enjoyed the story. :w00t:

SHOTGUNmaniac
05-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Know the feeling

Look Here (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31562)

Goober
05-06-2004, 11:04 PM
You folks that cruise the internet and open mail from anyone should really
get some kind of anti virus thingy going. Nortons caught 4 virus's from people I know that sent me mail this week.

C2H5OH Guy
05-07-2004, 12:50 PM
LOL i never got sasser or w32blaster or whatever these n00bish viruses are called so far...

and i dont use these file sharing tools (like kazaa) where you´ve to turn your firewall off that it works well!

EXEcution
05-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by C2H5OH Guy@May 7 2004, 08:50 AM
LOL i never got sasser or w32blaster or whatever these n00bish viruses are called so far...

and i dont use these file sharing tools (like kazaa) where you´ve to turn your firewall off that it works well!
ur already updated and everything and unless u do a format like me u prolly wont get it.
PS these viruses are far from "n00bish" they are KILLER!!! :devil: :P

Phobos
05-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I got this sasser too

but I was able to delete it with my northon :rolleyes:

The police caught the person who created the virus

It´s a german 18year old man :w00t: