PDA

View Full Version : My Norton isn´t working properly!

Loket
05-08-2004, 01:47 PM
My Norton Antivirus can´t block or repair any viruses! I´m getting really upset because it´s now reporting about 300 viruses at the same time, and it doesn´t repair nor block any of them! The latest virus reported by the "Viruswarnings" was a Downloader.Trojan, and NA isn´t ever reporting it.
"You have 0 viruses in quarantine" it says, but "Over a 100 on your computer".
Help me with this, please!

I have the latest updates.

FUS1ON
05-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Sadly at this point I believe you have 2 options:

1) If you are sure that NAV is not working and you aren't doing something differently, then Uninstall/Reinstall NAV and see what happens.

2) If NAV was working before and it isn't now and with as many as it's reporting now might be time to do a fresh OS install including doing a Fdisk to the hard drive to clear out any boot sector virii if you happen to have any. Then format the hard drive and re-install the OS.

300 wow! :blink:

Sexyjess
05-08-2004, 08:24 PM
norton suger du borde använda ett program som jag har istället
pm mej så kan jag ge dig och det fungerar verkligen jag lovar :thumbs:

unforgiven
05-08-2004, 09:09 PM
HERES what you do you take the f@cking norton case and set it on fire. Norton is ****....pick up AVG or some free anitvirus software. I hate norton as you can tell lol. but yeah just shut norton down and download another antivirus...problem solved :thumbs:

Loket
05-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Sexyjess@May 8 2004, 08:24 PM
norton suger du borde använda ett program som jag har istället
pm mej så kan jag ge dig och det fungerar verkligen jag lovar :thumbs:
tack, men jag måste ha NAV installerat pga att det omger hela nätverket. I så fall måste jag installera det på alla datorer osv...

thx 4 the help though, i will check these things and if that doesn´t work, i´ll ask the people on the NAV website. Cheers! :thumbs:

Fantum309
05-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I had a serious problem with NAV 2004 Pro. It reported that I had a worm and couldn't remove it. I found that the antivirus was disabled and as I tried to enable it, nothing would happen. I could scan my HD, but never could enable it to protect my pc. I uninstalled it completely, reinstalled it, then a week later, it was disabled again. Now I have a $100.00 piece of crap! Well, at least the System works part still does its thing, but now I run AVG and it kicks but.

On top of all that, I run Zone Alarm to block out a lot of other crap. No problems for the past month, except, NAV is still disabled. I give up!

Twin])I2agon
05-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Norton AV really sucks. U better get rid of it. Kaspersky AVP 5 :thumbs:

Twin])I2agon
05-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by huggy+May 10 2004, 08:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huggy @ May 10 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Twin
)I2agon,May 9 2004, 11:14 AM] Norton AV really sucks. U better get rid of it. Kaspersky AVP 5&nbsp; :thumbs:
ive used norton for over 4 years and i have never had a problem with it,the only time it disabled itself was when i was being hacked,a router sorted that problem :thumbs: norton av rules :wootrock: [/b][/quote]

The problem is >> How do u know NAV works good if u never know u had a certain virus ???

N1 (http://www.kaspersky.com/news.html?id=146126048)

But if ur happy with NAV then its all cool. I dont trust symantec stuff anymore. The firewall sux as well.

Caged Anger
05-11-2004, 02:06 AM
is mcafee any better?

FUS1ON
05-11-2004, 03:10 AM
NAV, McAfee and AVP are all great products and for every one of you that have had a bad problem with one of these products, There are 1000&#39;s that are fully satisfied and would buy the product again. I&#39;ve used all of these on several different machines over the years and finally ended up keeping and renewing NAV for the past few years. I&#39;ve never had a problem with NAV that couldn&#39;t be solved with a little effort and their support is excellent. (knock on wood)

Granted some peeps like to run more than one AV program because they claim one product found a viris when another product didn&#39;t. Maybe fact, Maybe fiction.

Posts like "xxxx suck" are not very creditable when the post doesn&#39;t explain why. :rolleyes:

Twin])I2agon
05-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@May 11 2004, 03:10 AM
Posts like "xxxx suck" are not very creditable when the post doesn&#39;t explain why.&nbsp; :rolleyes:

Same old problem , the language barrier ;) If this was a german forums i could tell u alot more reasons.

Or is it just a lame excuse ?? :unsure:

DiTomasso
05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Norton, no problems for a long time :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
same with my McAffee, no reinstall helped... if virus is active, it runs hidden file, so it cannot be deleted until you delete it from DOS or someone makes prog what will delete it when you start your PC