PDA

View Full Version : Goblin

DiTomasso
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Thx for joining my server, but stay off the pups.
Fair play only please.

:thumbs: :wave: Good game btw :wootrock:

Sexyjess
05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
terrible game fooled around lol :P

Goblink
05-08-2004, 10:21 PM
I just......ummm :unsure: ...... sorry shuriken

Havent played in many many months hehe
:lol: :P

Burn the Witch
05-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Hang on, isnt timing the powerups a good thing? Because in 2004 we consider it a virtue.....

Pure_Evil
05-09-2004, 02:28 AM
for the record, {DS} pollicy is if it's part of the game, it's part of the game. Deal with it. :wave:

SASQUATCH
05-09-2004, 03:12 AM
GG :thumbs:

Dissectional
05-09-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 8 2004, 09:28 PM
for the record, {DS} pollicy is if it's part of the game, it's part of the game. Deal with it. :wave:
Yup...if it is there...use it.

BlackWolf
05-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 9 2004, 03:28 AM

LoL Pure not again :worldssmallest:

Pure_Evil
05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BLACKWOLF+May 9 2004, 08:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLACKWOLF @ May 9 2004, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pure_Evil@May 9 2004, 03:28 AM
for the record, {DS} pollicy is if it&#39;s part of the game, it&#39;s part of the game. Deal with it. :wave:

LoL Pure not again :worldssmallest: [/b][/quote]
sorry Bro, but in case you didn&#39;t notice, the other Directors agree Diss =
Yup...if it is there...use it.

Twitch =
Hang on, isnt timing the powerups a good thing? Because in 2004 we consider it a virtue.....

Unfo hasn&#39;t popsted, but 3-4 so far say pup whoring is part of the game, so deal, don&#39;t squeal ;) :P

But BW, play as you want :thumbs:

steve-o
05-09-2004, 02:42 PM
GG&#33;

Casanova
05-09-2004, 04:02 PM

DiTomasso
05-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 9 2004, 02:28 AM
for the record, {DS} pollicy is if it&#39;s part of the game, it&#39;s part of the game. Deal with it. :wave:
I will :rofl:

Burn the Witch
05-10-2004, 01:50 AM
If I played SSSE...which God forbid if I ever have to, I would use the PUPs, and I would own&#33;

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Turn the PowerUps off if people are not to use them in a match. Otherwise they are fair game.

Pure_Evil
05-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@May 10 2004, 01:23 AM
Turn the PowerUps off if people are not to use them in a match. Otherwise they are fair game.
Keep in mind they&#39;re talking about SSSE, a beta game with no user friendly features :rofl:

Smooth, I&#39;ll show you SSSE in Oct. or if you&#39;re at Comp USA with &#036;7 to burn, you can buy it and try the multiplayer ;)

BlackWolf
05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+May 10 2004, 03:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ May 10 2004, 03:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smooth[GummiBear
,May 10 2004, 01:23 AM] Turn the PowerUps off if people are not to use them in a match.&nbsp; Otherwise they are fair game.
Keep in mind they&#39;re talking about SSSE, a beta game with no user friendly features :rofl:

Smooth, I&#39;ll show you SSSE in Oct. or if you&#39;re at Comp USA with &#036;7 to burn, you can buy it and try the multiplayer ;) [/b][/quote]
u sure are Evil :rofl:

PJ'l_Master
05-10-2004, 03:40 PM
how are the pups cheating...the developers put them there for a reason...dont like it? make a mod to fix that

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Im sure there is a way to turn them off in the INI&#39;s just like in UT. :)

Pure_Evil
05-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@May 10 2004, 11:47 AM
Im sure there is a way to turn them off in the INI&#39;s just like in UT. :)
You would have to design a map without them, then everyone play would have to have that map. SSSE doesn&#39;t have server side DL&#39;s because it&#39;s :hmmm: :shifty: :hmmm: incomplete ;) And it has been said that the new version wont have server side DL&#39;s because of, get this, security reasons :rolleyes: :rofl:

Same goes for if you just want 1 weapon in the map, there&#39;s no feature like the web admin UT has. :bandhead:

Smooth[GummiBear]
05-10-2004, 05:43 PM
This game sounds *awesome*...... *grunt*

Mr Clean
05-11-2004, 01:12 AM
GG

PJ'l_Master
05-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+May 10 2004, 01:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ May 10 2004, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smooth[GummiBear
,May 10 2004, 11:47 AM] Im sure there is a way to turn them off in the INI&#39;s just like in UT. :)
You would have to design a map without them, then everyone play would have to have that map. SSSE doesn&#39;t have server side DL&#39;s because it&#39;s :hmmm: :shifty: :hmmm: incomplete ;) And it has been said that the new version wont have server side DL&#39;s because of, get this, security reasons :rolleyes: :rofl:

Same goes for if you just want 1 weapon in the map, there&#39;s no feature like the web admin UT has. :bandhead: [/b][/quote]
:rofl:

SASQUATCH
05-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Well until this day I still like SS2 better then most games because of the conventional weapons. It&#39;s an old classic game and yet many are still playing the game.

Been playing UT and it&#39;s a good game to but yet I find myself going back to SS2 no matter what.

As for people using power ups, that is there choice and I have no problems with it, but I just have to play more careful against them but I do occasionally use the Invisibility because cannon players or campers, which again no problems besides it&#39;s good practice and make it interesting and hard for me.

Been playing a lot with unknown players who camp and use what ever they like and yet many occasions I end up playing alone because I do good against them and I am left alone without anyone to play with me. So when they use cannons or what ever means, it makes it interesting to play and they stay longer to play with me.

What bothers me is when someone tells me to stop using the Invisibility and yet he uses cannons. :blink:

At times I run into the yellow power ups because I am trying to move away from cannons being shot at me especially at the fortress, so people get mad at me for using it when in fact I had to move or dodge away and end up landing on the power up.

This happens once or twice in the game but can&#39;t be helped when someone is camping by the power up at fortress with cannon and have no choice while coming at him dodging and then bang, I begin to glow in yellow. lol

When I go on and see for example Black wolf, I will not pickup the yellow power up and if he should ask me not to use the Invisibility, then I will not use it but prepare to fight him with the shotgun when I see him. It is a tradition that has been with the SS2 for a long time and it remains so.

So for some who are not aware of this tradition it’s not a problem and for those who care to use the power ups. Everyone is welcome to do as they please because it is just a game and again that is why they are there for to be used and to win.

Hats off to Serious Sam considering how long it has been on and yet many are still playing the game. :thumbs:

merkwannabe
05-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@May 11 2004, 01:14 PM
What bothers me is when someone tells me to stop using the Invisibility and yet he uses cannons.&nbsp; :blink:
Ya, I get annoyed when someone spams like a madman, (catch the reference?), and then whines about pups. As far as I am concerned, I like "puppers" more than spammers. Latley, I go shotty only almost, unless I can&#39;t get kills off a spammer.

Btw, Twitch I don&#39;t think you would own in sam.. Sam is very odd for UT players.

unforgiven
05-11-2004, 09:45 PM
lol....so my hat goes off to cs for being around for so long and yet alot of people still play it. SAMS dead torch it...its usless. heck the original quake is more popular than that damn game lol. net code is horrible not to mention the game is just boring. counter strike has been around just as long if not longer and look how popular it is still...compared to sam well sam is dead :thumbs:

anyways...all sam players should get a new game to play which it looks like most are doing. i sugges all of them jump into ut2k4...because by what i have seen they are really good at 2k4 and dont miss :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
05-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by unforgiven@May 11 2004, 04:45 PM
lol....so my hat goes off to cs for being around for so long and yet alot of people still play it. SAMS dead torch it...its usless. heck the original quake is more popular than that damn game lol. net code is horrible not to mention the game is just boring. counter strike has been around just as long if not longer and look how popular it is still...compared to sam well sam is dead :thumbs:

anyways...all sam players should get a new game to play which it looks like most are doing. i sugges all of them jump into ut2k4...because by what i have seen they are really good at 2k4 and dont miss :thumbs:
Quake and UT have a similarity compare to SAM.

I can tell the difference and again a conventional weapon it carries is fun.

I like UT but love team playing, which requires team work.

Sam isn’t dead btw and people still play the game. What is more fun is when everyone uses the shotgun because that requires skills then using a rocket and more with SAM.

There is more to Sam when playing the game especially jumping and landing right and more etc.

UT what makes it fun for me is team work and I can not visualize UT without it.

SAS

Black Rose
05-12-2004, 07:09 AM
:rofl: the same discussion as always :shifty:

Itīs simple: DiTomasso runs an euro sam server "fair play" and everyone who play on that server should stay away from cannon and pubs.
If one wanna use the pubs, cause they are part of the game, so go playing on US Outlaws, US TGR or other servers. :)

Thatīs why you can only find me on the US outlaws or TGR server :P
I like to be invisible :D

Pure_Evil
05-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH+May 11 2004, 09:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SASQUATCH @ May 11 2004, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-unforgiven@May 11 2004, 04:45 PM
lol....so my hat goes off to cs for being around for so long and yet alot of people still play it.&nbsp; SAMS dead torch it...its usless. heck the original quake is more popular than that damn game lol.&nbsp; net code is horrible not to mention the game is just boring. counter strike has been around just as long if not longer and look how popular it is still...compared to sam well sam is dead :thumbs:

Quake and UT have a similarity compare to SAM.

I can tell the difference and again a conventional weapon it carries is fun.

I like UT but love team playing, which requires team work.

Sam isn’t dead btw and people still play the game. What is more fun is when everyone uses the shotgun because that requires skills then using a rocket and more with SAM.

There is more to Sam when playing the game especially jumping and landing right and more etc.

UT what makes it fun for me is team work and I can not visualize UT without it.

SAS [/b][/quote]
Actually, the UT 1 vs 1 DM ladder has over 160 players on it. The DM community of UT is way huge. Onslaught, had over 750 servers last night, there were over 35 that were full, and that&#39;s 16 to 24 player servers.

The reason SSSE is considdered "Dead" by many is because the game has zero growth. Many of the new players are alias&#39;s, and the game has been given out free by PC magazine before.

SSSE is a great game, but this thread exposes many of it&#39;s problem, especially flames. The same people have been playing it for years and there have been "hidden rules" that make it hard for new players.

It&#39;s a shame, it&#39;s a damn good game that has a "cult like following" If SSSE2 ever comes out and they put some form of team play for clan support, and make the servers user friendly, it would explode. If it doesn&#39;t, it will always have that small following :(

I would still be playing the game if it wasn&#39;t for the f9 and hidden rules, clan teaming up in deathmatch maps, all the flames. If you have to flame a player because he doesn&#39;t play the way you do, it&#39;s sad and ruins the game, but it happens in SSSE all the time. even the start to this thread
Thx for joining my server, but stay off the pups.
Fair play only please. is a perfect example of why I wont play and why {DS} will never call itself a SSSE clan.

BTW Sas, thanks for teaching me the ropes on SSSE :thumbs:

Rosie = Rocket Whore in Little Trouble, and it&#39;s a beautiful thing ;) She showed me the way to survive that damn map :wave:

Aries
05-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose@May 12 2004, 07:09 AM
:rofl: the same discussion as always :shifty:

Itīs simple: DiTomasso runs an euro sam server "fair play" and everyone who play on that server should stay away from cannon and pubs.
If one wanna use the pubs, cause they are part of the game, so go playing on US Outlaws, US TGR or other servers. :)

Thatīs why you can only find me on the US outlaws or TGR server :P
pubs :w00t: :drink:

Black Rose
05-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Aries+May 12 2004, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ May 12 2004, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Black Rose@May 12 2004, 07:09 AM
:rofl:&nbsp; the same discussion as always&nbsp; :shifty:

Thatīs why you can only find me on the US outlaws or TGR server&nbsp; :P
pubs :w00t: :drink: [/b][/quote]
oooops LOL :lol: :rofl: :rofl: sorry Aries powerups :P :rofl:

but CHEERS to ya :drink: :lol:

SASQUATCH
05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Well said Pure evil. :thumbs:

Yes no question about it UT with the new features like Onslaught and more makes the game extremely more exciting. :jammin:

As for Rosie, she is an excellent player considering her ping when playing on the outlaws server. When she is on I find myself prepare for a big battle with her because of the way she plays so good and yet with a ping so high, she still kicks butt. :thumbs:

I need to buy the full version of UT2004 very soon because I am missing the action. :thumbs:

Just need to make sure DOA is running smoothly and making sure that when we move into UT that the DOA members follow and yet we will be playing SS2 as well.

Organizing is what we are doing now but slowly because I don&#39;t want to see what happen to DOA again and so I am playing it safe to be prepared.

Ty all for your input. . . . :thumbs:

SAS

unforgiven
05-14-2004, 02:33 AM
:thumbs: