PDA

View Full Version : I nearly cried

Phoenix
01-20-2003, 06:03 AM
god, I watched a movie called "grave of the fireflies", and to be honest, it is the only movie that I have been on the brink of tears for....and Im not ashamed of it either because it was a moving and amazing movie. I highly suggest this movie to anyone. But rememer to have some kleenx's ready

Sirc
01-20-2003, 06:06 AM
I did that with Armagedden (sp). When Liv Tyler was said "Daddy, no!" near the end that was it for me. And I NEVER get teared up over movies. :bawling:

Ra\/en
01-20-2003, 06:09 AM
for some reason i get sad in some parts of THE CROW.. LMAO.

Phoenix
01-20-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Jan 20 2003, 06:06 AM
I did that with Armagedden (sp). When Liv Tyler was said "Daddy, no!" near the end that was it for me. And I NEVER get teared up over movies. :bawling:
I rememerb that, that part got me teary eyed as well :( That was an awesome movie...

Dan2
01-20-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Jan 20 2003, 01:06 AM
Similarly at the end of the movie "Blow", when Johnny Depp is an old man in a jail courtyard. He imagines the grown daughter he hasn't seen since she was a youngster. This was a heartbreaker. I was welling up for sure. :bawling:

Ra\/en
01-20-2003, 06:23 AM
or the ends of braveheart and gladiator.. very "heartfelt"

Pathos
01-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Only time i've ever felt like that was during the closing scenes in The Shawshank Redemption - strangely more from happiness and particularly RELIEF. Awesome stuff.

Hobbes
01-20-2003, 07:09 AM
Grave of the Fireflies is definetley heavy. Interesting note, it was originally released as a double feature with My Neighbor Totoro... poor kids go for the Catbus and then end up seeing Grave... yeesh.

ME BIGGD01
01-20-2003, 09:29 AM
you want to see the saddest movie that will prove you're not human if you do not shed a tear.

life is beautifull. an italian film (should be in english) based on the hitler days. the saddest part is right at the end but have to watch the whole movie. this movie messed me up for months and still chokes me up because it was a true story. even if you can't find the english version, i suggest read the subtitles. it won an oscar.

Dissectional
01-20-2003, 03:41 PM
I must be a real sap. I have, in no particular order....

Cried when I thought ET was dead
Got teary eyed in 'The Crow' (still get teary eyed when I here 'Burn' by The Cure)
watered up during the Lion King when Simba was presented to the animals...every father should do that.
Sniffled when Mel Gibson was gutted like a fish in Braveheart screaming 'FREEDOM!'
Almost sobbed when the ninja girl (can't remember the name) from Ninja Scroll died
And of course, was deeply saddend from Grave of the Fireflys.

Oh yeah, and felt really bad when Tetsuo kills his girlfriend in Akira.
Almost forgot crying my eyes out when Ryan O'Neil dies in 'The Champ'

Whew...that is enough embarrasment for one day.. :rofl:

MR. SLiK
01-20-2003, 06:04 PM
There was onlyone movie where i got soooooooo close to getting a tear but didnt. It was Prefontaine... after he died and they were cheering his name to an empty track.

Phoenix
01-20-2003, 08:08 PM
BiggD. I saw "La vita a Bella". That too is a really sad movie :( Man, I saw it in theaters and I got so sad when they kill Roberto Begnini(the father)....... :bawling:
Man, this thread is making me sad ;)

MR. SLiK
01-20-2003, 08:13 PM
This will make you happy again :D http://leut.net/~lux/cs-ownage.wmv

Phoenix
01-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Jan 20 2003, 08:13 PM
This will make you happy again :D http://leut.net/~lux/cs-ownage.wmv
Man, I watched that 3 times in a row last night and I couldnt stop laughing. I cant wait to show all my friends at school tommorow :rofl:

Snip3r
01-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Bink Bink Bink **** bink bink bink

Aries
01-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Grave of the Fireflies/La tombeau des lucioles (french title) is just Outstanding.

Great work by Studio Ghibli and Bandai Emotion :thumbs:

Mr Clean
02-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Well, for some reason I always cry at the scene where Ray Kinsella (played by Kevin Costner) gets to have a catch with his dad at the end of Field of Dreams...the music that James Horner wrote for that scene was perfect....

Intense Fury
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: