PDA

View Full Version : Jacina's Sash Help

Sepra
05-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Both Wordna and I need this encounter ;)

This is what visionofsages had to say about it.........

Strategy:
This is in the NW corner of AG and this can be done with 2 solid groups. Cyrek is the key to this encounter. Should go as follows. Pull the first few groups of clops and get to the point where you can target Cyrek, once you have this you can get a skald and kite him and all the adds away from the group. Have the main groups peel off Cyrek and take him down. He is easy to kill it's the adds that make it hard. I kited the clops with a Shammy and with Perma sprint it worked fine, but a skald should be able to do it as well. Feb 6
- Bax

Jacina's Sash is possibly _the_worst_ artifact out there to obtain :D...you could take as many as four groups there and still wipe out if you're careless (it's unlikely though).

This must be done with two PLUS groups. If you have more than three groups, just kill them, if not, here's what to do.

The cyclops in the bandit area have quite far aggro range, and what better way to use this advantage than to kite them while the rest of the crew is killing Cyrek?

Have preferably a skald/bard/minstrel doing this, because you'll need speed and you'll most likely run out of end quickly. Once you get the front aggro (You'll aggro about six to twelve cyclops, most of them aren't mezzable), run around in a circle and head back to the tunnlish area...you'll want to run through and aggro as many as you can and run out without dying.

There's about...thirty or so cyclops total on the way to Cyrek.

It's best to just come prepared and bring 4ish groups. The spawn timers on the cyclops aren't that fast and it should give you plenty of time to move forward each death of the clops. It's just like getting to Casta in Master Level 3 dungeon. Nov 24
- Asakura Yoh

Tips:

This has been done with 3 people: Minstrel(me) + Cabalist + Cleric Bot.
We pulled the camp so we only got cyrek and about 5 adds w/ Cyrek. Apr 9 2004
- Logan
(The minstrel had a charmed centaur.)

We used a trebuchet to grab aggro on Cyrek from outside, just dragged him over to our shroom field and chopped him to pieces. Dec 31
- Gobnil Underfoot

We did it with just over 2 groups. First we cleared all the cyclops up until the last canyon. Then a bard pulled the first batch of purples in there and kited them away, while the rest of us pulled Cyrek and his cronies and kited them away. We pulled Cyrek all the way back to near Aerus haven. A couple of casters kited Cyrek's guards into the town to get help killing them, while the majority of people beat on Cyrek until he died. Dec 31
- Mistwraith

Could use all the help we can get and would be very much appreciated. ;)

Sepra
05-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Info from Alakazham.........Does anyone know (Dave :P ) if you need to talk to this Centaur Narkis first?

Jacina's Sash
Hypo Aerus
4449, 16605

Stumbled across the ravine in the forest, the mouth of which is guarded by a dozen-15ish red/purple Cyclops guards.

Directly to the south of ravine's mouth, hiding in a tree, is a centaur named Narkis. He tells a VERY long story about a Cyclops named Cyrek who holds Jacina's Sash. It seems the sash was made by a young girl named Jacina as a thank-you gift to a centaur friend that allowed her to ride on his back everyday. The sash supposedly holds magic that "increases the wearers natural abilities". However, she was killed and the sash stolen. Narkis is an ancestor of the centaur who was to be given the sash, and while he doesn't necessarily want it back anymore, he DOES want it out of the hands of the cyclopses.

Narkis advises that it will take a "well-organized force" to fight into the ravine, get the Sash and travel back out. Cyrek is not viewable inside the ravine from the entrance... the centaur hints that the ravine goes deeper than it looks, since he tried to charge in himself once and "there were more Cyclops at every turn, waiting for me as if they knew I was coming".

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-13-2004, 01:12 PM
When do you want to do this?
I'll be glad to help.

Sepra
05-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Saturday night at 8 PM EST would be good for me to do it this first time.....if we could get the people.

I'm not sure if this time is good for Wordna. If so we can /duel.....I mean /random for the drop :P or if not, we could do it a second time for Wordna.

Skylen
05-13-2004, 03:42 PM
We've tried this encounter a few times with less then a group.... There is no one you need to talk too ahead of time. Problem with the encounter is not the huge agrro range, but the fact that a lot of mobs can come on a pull. It took us about 30 minutes to work our way into the first canyon, after we did so we had problems of repops happening behind us which didn't agrro. but eventually as we got in a little further, a pull nabbed us 8-10 purple con mobs in one shot, and betwee, the AOE stuns, mezzes and DOT's that went off, we had no where to run, and it got ugly.. lol But I would agree with VoS that a minstrel could kite the mobs away and you could get the Named in the pull rather easy....

Oh ya, it is one I'd like to get my wizzy somewhere down the road, but would love to help you guys to see exactly the best way to do it.. =)

Skylen

OUTLAWS The Machine
05-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a Starvald encounter :P . Count me in. :thumbs:

Sepra
05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
10 PM Est is better for Wordna. If you can help at that time instead, that would be great. :thumbs:

Sry for the change.....blame it on the smelly wiz :P

Slash
05-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Hopefully we will have enough peeps!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-15-2004, 05:49 PM
As long as I am feeling good I'll be there.

Deals
05-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Count me in.

Black Rose
05-15-2004, 06:58 PM
will be there :wave:

Sauron
05-15-2004, 07:07 PM
hmm Saturday at 8 pm est with DR and Sidi raid goin? Might be a bad timing Sep!

Sepra
05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Sauron@May 15 2004, 02:07 PM
10 pm est. If we dont have enough people, it's ok. Just thought I'd shoot for it and see how many people we can come up with.

Yetti
05-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Did this on another server, we zerged it and talked to no one else. It's friggin ridiculous though, the 'kite with a skald' means 'take a minstrel with sos and pray he can kite adds'... but that usually gets your minstrel killed and then the group. Zerg it imo:(

A 'well organized force' means they want you to wtf zerg it. To do in a 2 group minimum setting, you need to be EXTREMELY tank and cleric heavy. Everyone must know what to do before you get there, a small force gets wiped quicker than you can blink. It'd be like sidi or hoc with against grapes... adds from random angles, some cast... gotta prep:)

Min: 4 shield tanks, 4 cleric, 2 heavy tank, 2 sources of crowd control, caster with da, caster with ae dot.

Recommended: Your entire guild. Your entire alliance. The whole dang realm:)

Slash
05-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Sauron@May 15 2004, 02:07 PM
It's at 10 pm EST.

Sauron
05-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Slash+May 15 2004, 09:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slash &#064; May 15 2004, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sauron@May 15 2004, 02:07 PM
hmm Saturday at 8 pm est with DR and Sidi raid goin? Might be a bad timing Sep&#33;
It&#39;s at 10 pm EST. [/b][/quote]
Must have missed that post then :wacko:

Edit : Doubt i will be awake at 4 am :( &#33; If i&#39;m on i&#39;ll come tho&#33;

Mr Clean
05-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Yetti@May 15 2004, 01:31 PM
Recommended: Your entire guild. Your entire alliance. The whole dang realm:)
:lol:

Slash
05-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks to all who tried, what a nightmare that was. However, I did later this evening sucessfully complete the encounter using basically this method (below)substituting a volley scout for the treb. I still need the artifact itself. :(

What you need: 1g hibs(animist, duh) or 2g alb/mid, treb, normal ammo, and a ranged ae puller with some form of speed. Cyrek hits alb chain with max resists/spec af for around 850. It hurts.

Strategy: Setup a treb at /loc 7k 10k. Move everyone in your raid (except for your treb operator, 1 tank, 1 healer, and ranged ae puller) east of there until you just about hit that area with the untargetable statues. Have your raid place heal and power fonts here, this is where you will fight Cyrek.

Now, for pulling Cyrek himself.. The treb operator must be solo when pulling, and the ae ranged puller should be situated north of your treb, also solo. Once your raid is ready have your operator face directly west and do a /groundset 3200, this will set your gt right on top of Cyrek. When your treb operator fires, 5-6 tough adds will come and zerg him. Wait 10 seconds, rez/rebuff and group him up. Cyrek takes about 60-90 seconds to get to your treb as he doesn&#39;t run through the wall with the rest of the adds. Once he reaches the treb have your ranged puller pull him with a non-damaging spell, this should have all the adds including Cyrek agro to him. The puller should run these adds to the Haven. Immediately after Cyrek is pulled at the treb have your main tank run up and whack Cyrek once then sprint east to your kill spot.

One very important note: I specifically mentioned an &#39;AE&#39; puller because the adds tend to run back after awhile of kiting. If this happens your raid will get quite a few nasty adds that could wipe you depending on your numbers. To counter this you need your puller to occasionally ae them as he is kiting to the haven. If done right you could do this with 9 people, any realm, but I would bring 2g if you are inexpierienced with this method

Sauron
05-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Interesting method :) And gratz on Credit Slash :jammin:

Seriously Stoned
05-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Gratz Man&#33;

Black Rose
05-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Gratz Slash :)

Sepra
05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
I hated that encounter.........glad you could get the credit :wootrock: