PDA

View Full Version : help please

Caged Anger
05-15-2004, 03:02 AM
somehow i think I got a spyware on my comp because no matter what i do, I can't get the net graph on the desktop to stop tansmitting this constant chatter. That and I can't open spybot S&D. What do I do?

<<Hybrid>>
05-15-2004, 05:36 AM
ad-aware
ftp://ftp.download.com/pub/win95/utilities/aaw6181.exe

Caged Anger
05-15-2004, 07:36 PM
amazing, it picked up 75 other spybots :blink: but it still didn&#39;t fix the problem with spybot S&D it loads, for a split secong shows the main screen, then closes. What could be causing this? :hmmm:

SALvation
05-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Try to uninstall and reinstall Spybot.

ThePIT
05-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@May 15 2004, 08:36 PM
amazing, it picked up 75 other spybots :blink: but it still didn&#39;t fix the problem with spybot S&D it loads, for a split secong shows the main screen, then closes. What could be causing this? :hmmm:
Try to download Adaware and be sure to download the latest updates and scan the computer for viruses also if the 1st one doesn&#39;t work

ME BIGGD01
05-24-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Caged Anger@May 15 2004, 03:02 AM
somehow i think I got a spyware on my comp because no matter what i do, I can&#39;t get the net graph on the desktop to stop tansmitting this constant chatter. That and I can&#39;t open spybot S&D. What do I do?
listen, adware is what it is--freeware&#33;&#33;&#33; you want the best program to rid you of spyware and keyloggers--download spy sweep. this software has been the most efficient in my tests and i have to recomend it to all.

a note to do when ridding a unit with popups and spyware is to gotorun and type msconfig--goto the startup tab and disable all----from there you will reboot your system and then bott it into safe mode. run the program in safe mode so that none of these applications get the chance to boot up into ram which is the major pain n the ass. once your sysytem has detected and cleared reboot system without changing the msconfig startup and boot into system like that and run the program again. after that is done go back to msconfig and enable the programs in your start up and be weary of the applications that look like exe files. if you see exe files, try to locate the file using search and see what that app belongs to. if it is part of a installed app that is spyware, before you delete, go into control panel&#092;add remove programs and see if it is listed.

there is no spyware remover that rids your system of it completely at once so a few runs usually do the trick.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Here&#39;s a web site with definitions for programs in start up.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

Caged Anger
05-24-2004, 03:46 PM
thx all, this stuff will probably work, but i jus don have time at the moment. Any computer time I get is spent quaking. thx a bunch though