PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture Card Question

EXEcution
05-21-2004, 03:14 AM
HI!
I just ordered a Video Capture card from NewEgg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-100-103&depa=0 (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-103&depa=0)
My question is, will i be able to
1. hook a DV camera up to it using an S-Video Cable
2. capture my taped footage using the card
3. Edit that footage
4. Hook a VCR up to my PC (through the card) and record the edited movie.

The last step is what im really skeptical about, so im thinking i'll have to burn a VCS or something. :hmmm:
Thanx for the help.

FUS1ON
05-21-2004, 04:24 AM
1) Yes
2) Taped as in from a VCR, then Yes
3) Yes, You should be able to
4) No according to the ports listed for the card (see below). What you are looking at is a "Video Capture Card"

Ports In: CATV In+S-Video In+Composite In+Remote Receiver In
Ports Out: Audio Out

Kinda funny that it has Audio out and no Video out. Does you video card have a composite video or s-video out?

Caged Anger
05-21-2004, 11:35 AM
wow, thats a heavy duty vid card :happy:

EXEcution
05-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@May 21 2004, 12:24 AM
1) Yes
2) Taped as in from a VCR, then Yes
3) Yes, You should be able to
4) No according to the ports listed for the card (see below). What you are looking at is a "Video Capture Card"

Ports In: CATV In+S-Video In+Composite In+Remote Receiver In
Ports Out: Audio Out

Kinda funny that it has Audio out and no Video out. Does you video card have a composite video or s-video out?
Thank you so much sho :thumbs:
yes my video card does have an s-video cable input, and by taped footage i meant the video i taped on the camera's 8 mm tape.

As for caged its not really a video card since i cannot hook my monitor into it, or run my computer using it, its an addon video device, and i "need"/want it for a school project. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
05-21-2004, 07:19 PM
yes my video card does have an s-video cable input

I suspect that is a video output and not a input or did you just mis-type? What you need is a "Video out" either a s-video or composite (RCA plug) type or both, preferrably the RCA type as that is the most common input on VCRs if you are wanting to output to tape. VCRs with s-video inputs/output are kinda pricey. The s-video is awesome providing the TV has one also since s-video outputs 525 lines of res vs. 200-300 of comp. output.

and by taped footage i meant the video i taped on the camera's 8 mm tape.

Same thing, Same answer, Yes

EXEcution
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@May 21 2004, 03:19 PM

yes my video card does have an s-video cable input

I suspect that is a video output and not a input or did you just mis-type? What you need is a "Video out" either a s-video or composite (RCA plug) type or both, preferrably the RCA type as that is the most common input on VCRs if you are wanting to output to tape. VCRs with s-video inputs/output are kinda pricey. The s-video is awesome providing the TV has one also since s-video outputs 525 lines of res vs. 200-300 of comp. output.

and by taped footage i meant the video i taped on the camera's 8 mm tape.

Same thing, Same answer, Yes
i did mean output sry lol
i dont have s-video inputs/outputs on my VCR or the TV :(
I guess the only way to put the edited video out to the public is to burn a VCD or a DVD

EXEcution
05-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Ok i just got it and hooked my Samsung camcoreder up to it via S-Video.
I'm getting great quality, decent sound, but the capture size is HUGE its like 200 Megs for a 30 sec clip! :blink:
The footage is editable!
My only problem now is making it into a VHS tape because i dunno if a VCD will work on our teacher's DVD player.