PDA

View Full Version : Help

Dissectional
05-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok, I just bought a serial ata drive, and when I go to install XP on it, the installation CD doesn't see the HD, hence, I can't reinstall XP and can't get my PC back up and running. Has anyone had this problem and if you have, can you help me out? I have never worked with SATA drives before, and this is really frustrating.

Nevermind...I found the answer I was looking for.

SALvation
05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Does your bios recognize the drive? If not you may have to grab the latest version and flash it.

Grimmy
05-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Think on my mobo I have to change a jumper setting if I am going to use serial ATA.

Dissectional
05-23-2004, 07:43 PM
No, BIOS sees it, and I don't have to set a jumper.
I have to get the drivers off the CD and add them to a floppy so Windblows can install them during setup...just like you would for a SCSI drive.

lol...only problem there, is my little LAN case doesn't have a floppy in it...I never put one in.

ME BIGGD01
05-24-2004, 04:21 AM
it's not that windows is not seeing the drive but it's not seeing the ontroller. if you have a motherboard with sata, you need to get those drivers and place them on a floppy disk for your windows xp install.

upon booting up with windows xp cd, you must immedietly press the f6 key to tell windows to install a driver in which it will ask for the disk.

once windows get this driver, it will reboot and thus see the controller and hard drive.

:thumbs:

yes am back ;)