PDA

View Full Version : A Parent's dictionary and then some...

Thundarr
05-26-2004, 03:41 AM
MOTHERS' DICTIONARY

AMNESIA: Condition that enables a woman who has gone through labor to make love again.

DUMBWAITER: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.

FAMILY PLANNING: The art of spacing your children the proper distance apart to keep you on the edge of financial disaster.

FEEDBACK: The inevitable result when your baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.

FULL NAME: What you call your child when you're mad at him.

GRANDPARENTS: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.

HEARSAY: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word.

IMPREGNABLE: A woman whose memory of labor is still vivid.

INDEPENDENT: How we want our children to be as long as they do everything we say.

POW: The first word spoken by children with older siblings.

PUDDLE: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry clothes into it.

SHOW OFF: A child who is more talented than yours.

STERILIZE: What you do to your first baby's pacifier by boiling it and to your last baby's pacifier by blowing on it.

TOP BUNK: Where you should never put a child wearing Superman pajamas.

TWO MINUTE WARNING: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar grunting noises.

VERBAL: Able to whine in words.

WHODUNIT: None of the kids that live in your house..

WEEKEND: When Dad gets to play golf while Mom catches up on the laundry, cleans the house, runs errands, etc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DICTIONARY FOR THOSE WITH Y CHROMOSOMES

FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES: If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING: This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD: This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY: This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS: A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

ME BIGGD01
05-26-2004, 04:15 AM
those are great.

my favs--pow and sterilize

solid snake295
05-26-2004, 04:32 AM
:rofl:

what about that loud click noise, i like to call it "the mom noise". its often followed by the loud sigh... you know the one, how do they do that so loud?? :P :angel:

Pure_Evil
05-26-2004, 11:09 AM
AMNESIA: Condition that enables a woman who has gone through labor to make love again.

Last 4 words were total BS unless another child is wanted, or she's drunk! :w00t: :drink:

Thundarr
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by solid snake295@May 26 2004, 12:32 AM
:rofl:

what about that loud click noise, i like to call it "the mom noise". its often followed by the loud sigh... you know the one, how do they do that so loud?? :P :angel:
Yep, we females learn that one young... I'm not a mom and I still do that before BIG SIGH... :rofl:

Ra\/en
05-26-2004, 05:23 PM
NOTHING: This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

i dont know how many times i have gotten this one.. but its never good :rofl: