PDA

View Full Version : The Official Big Announcement

SALvation
06-04-2004, 02:05 PM
When GameMecca started back on Sept. 10th, 2002 its main focus was to give gamers and clans forums where they could go to hang out and talk about gaming, and also specific areas for clan forums. I think its safe to say that we exceeded the original goals as we have met a ton of great gamers, and our clan forum list gets longer every month. GameMecca does exactly what its supposed to do, but I always had the feeling that everything regarding clans was always squished into the forum format. It felt like clans had to do all their business through forums unless they wanted to pay for their own site and then do all the grunt work of maintaining it. So around Christmas of 2003, I started designing another site that would serve as a clan management/information site to complement GameMecca.

Introducing ClanMecca!

Available at http://www.clanmecca.com (and .net in the next few days), ClanMecca is a completely FREE clan management site available to not only GM members, but the entire public. ClanMecca is designed to be the one-stop shop for all information regarding clans. Some of the features that are included are:
Powerful news system which allows you to post clan news to members only, or post it for the public to view.
Event calendar to post events and games for your clan.
Member manager tool which allows you to easily add, edit, and delete members of your clan.
Establish detailed permissions for each individual members of you clan, detailing what features each member has access to.
Create and edit clan ranks for your members to establish member heiracrhy.
Forms for recruiting members for your clan, along with an easy to use tool to manage the applicants and your responses.
General page for displaying clan information such as your history, contact information, and games currently involved in.
Keep track of your favorite servers and invite others to join you on them.
...and a whole bunch more

To register your clan on ClanMecca, a clan admin should go to the site and fill out the necessary registration form. After registration, that admin can go into site and create individual members in the clan. As the admin creates these individual members, they will get emails asking them to activate their membership. That's it! Please note that the clan admin/founder should be the only person that registers their clan. Once the clan is registered, that person can create accounts for the members. There is no need for normal members to register for anything, the admin will handle it.

Although ClanMecca has been beta tested, I know that it is not 100% perfect. If you run across any bugs or have any questions, please contact me or post it on the forums. Also, ClanMecca's features as of right now are just the most basic ones that I am planning. There will be much more in the future including league and tournament managers, but I wanted to get this out the door so it can be used on a large scale.

Also, if you would like to have a special link in your clan's forums that point to your ClanMecca site, just ask me. It shows as an empty forum but when a member clicks on it, it redirects them to their ClanMecca site. I will have an example up shortly using the MERC forum. I'll post here once its up for you to look at.

So I hope you all enjoy ClanMecca. Remember, its a free site that is open to the public, so feel free to spread the word.

-Sal

Seriously Deadly
06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
:thumbs: thats great , (wishing xsw was here)

SALvation
06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
XSW is free to register and use ClanMecca. It is open to the public.

<<Hybrid>>
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM
its very cool.
Didnt knew you are ASP programmer, SAL. I wish i could have ur skills on that

OK homepagelses clans. Have fun &#33; :D

SALvation
06-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Check out the MERC forum for an example of a ClanMecca link.

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showforum=43

Just let me know if your clan wants one.

Fragetti
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Nice Sal :thumbs: Very nice :jammin:

<<Hybrid>>
06-04-2004, 03:53 PM
full of ideas hehe.
hope youll update clanmecca with lots of cool scripts :P

TheMaster
06-04-2004, 05:12 PM
This is EXCELLENT news SAL&#33; :jammin:

I am registering SSC clan on there right now. Very nice. :thumbs:

EXEcution
06-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Very interesting, i hope all the clans can get some use out of this.
Great job SAL, thanx for taking the time to consider the clans of GM.
Have you made up a list of the games ClanMecca is going to be associated with, or is it for any of the online games?

SALvation
06-04-2004, 06:53 PM
It&#39;s for any game. If you don&#39;t see a game in the list send me an email.

Arragon
06-04-2004, 09:04 PM
It loads too slow for me :(

Mad Fox
06-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Very Good I like

Sacrifice
06-05-2004, 05:54 AM
how do i register?

Fred Bear
06-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Wow Sal that looks awesome. I know that Die hard will register us soon

thanks Sal :thumbs:

<<Hybrid>>
06-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Sacrifice@Jun 5 2004, 07:54 AM
how do i register?
http://www.clanmecca.com/main/registration/addclan.asp

TheMaster
06-05-2004, 02:12 PM
If you want to register, you just fill out that form. Then you become the admin of your clan on that site. :cool: Then after that you can send e-mails to your other members creating accounts for them, the e-mail will ask them to activate their accounts.

Only the best can come from SALvation&#33; :drink: Nice job once again on the site.

SoulReaver
06-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Sweet&#33; Thanks for makin this for us dude&#33; I&#39;ll inform DH.