PDA

View Full Version : Flash/Html Website

Natsuko
06-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Hi, I'm Natsuko of the WondrousSouls Linkshell. I'm trying to design our website and I'm doing the graphics, design, coding (haha, yeah right) myself. Graphics and layout are not a problem at all, I can visualize what I want, its just getting there thats a royal pain in the ass for me. I really really really want to do this in flash and have it done. The problem is I went from Flash 5 where I was no expert to Flash MX and now I'm just completely lost. I've twiddled with C/C++ before as a former Comp. Sci. major, but I really would like to avoid Action Script at all costs. It seems that there's either motion tweens or action script and tweening looks alright, but its more confusing than ever with this new version. I've been looking over tutorials but I just don't feel that I'm getting it. If anyone has spare time and is willing to help me with this I'd be extremely grateful. I've talked to Sal and I really don't want to bother him with stuff that he does for a living during his off-time. Feel free to contact me here or through one of my other means of contact from my profile. FYI, so far I have designed a main banner, background, backdrop which acts as a frame enclosing the main area which will hopefully be a flash movie, and thats about it. I started to go into html with this and talked to Sal and he started talking about DBs and ASP/PHP and I just wanted to bang my head even more. I'd love to get this site up so that my members feel that I haven't just dragged my feet over it and at this point I'm just about to break. Anyways, thanks in advance.

SALvation
06-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Honestly I think the best way to do this is get a copy of Dreamweaver or Frontpage and create the site in there. Both have easy upload processes too. When you have to update a page, just update in one of those programs and click the update button.

You may also want to try Homesite (http://download.com.com/3000-2048-10255307.html?tag=lst-0-1). I've never used it but I heard its good.