PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite single-player game ending

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
06-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Out of all of the PC games you've played, which one stands out as having the best ending?

For me, I used to own this game called "Die by the Sword" back in about 1996 or so. It was a third-person melee type game; all you had was a sword, but you actually controlled where your sword went using the number keypad(for example, pressing the number 9 would bring your sword above your right shoulder, and then if you pressed and held number 1, you would do a diagonal slash). The game had pretty good graphics and was a decently hard game to beat.

The final boss was a wizard-type man who you really learned to hate throughout the game. In the final area, he's standing on a floating, tilting platform of earth hovering above an enormous pit of lava. When you finally defeat him, he loses all of his power and he drops to his knees. You get in close and decapitate him, and your character yells out "Live by the sword, DIE by the sword!".

Then you and the girl who you just saved go back to your place where the credits roll and you hear..an interesting conversation, full of sexual innuendos and what not.

I was pumped for about 2 weeks after beating that game, mostly because of the awesome ending.

Sir:Camelot
06-14-2004, 04:56 PM
hmmm, sounds like I should have played this one.

All time great for me, Zelda. No explination needed. :thumbs:

EXEcution
06-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Resident Evil, all of them.
There is always some sort of twist in the end.
Something that usually makes u wet urself.

Mad Fox
06-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Surprsingly :ohmy: I would have to say my all time favorite game would have to be the Sims! :D :D

Chaotic42
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
For PC I'd have to say Diablo II or Final Fantasy 7.

Over all, it's Final Fantasy 6.

BobtheCkroach
06-18-2004, 07:14 AM
For PC, I have to go with WarCraft III. Sit through about half of the credits and let the "outtakes reel" start goin'.

For console, I guess I'd have to go with the original Zelda. Great feeling, bettin' that mother.

MR. SLiK
06-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 9.99repeating^32@Jun 14 2004, 09:18 AM
Out of all of the PC games you've played, which one stands out as having the best ending?

For me, I used to own this game called "Die by the Sword" back in about 1996 or so. It was a third-person melee type game; all you had was a sword, but you actually controlled where your sword went using the number keypad(for example, pressing the number 9 would bring your sword above your right shoulder, and then if you pressed and held number 1, you would do a diagonal slash). The game had pretty good graphics and was a decently hard game to beat.

The final boss was a wizard-type man who you really learned to hate throughout the game. In the final area, he's standing on a floating, tilting platform of earth hovering above an enormous pit of lava. When you finally defeat him, he loses all of his power and he drops to his knees. You get in close and decapitate him, and your character yells out "Live by the sword, DIE by the sword!".

Then you and the girl who you just saved go back to your place where the credits roll and you hear..an interesting conversation, full of sexual innuendos and what not.

I was pumped for about 2 weeks after beating that game, mostly because of the awesome ending.
I played the demo for that game, was pretty fun. Ran so choppy on my 166mhz at high detail (low detail was fine though)

Burn the Witch
06-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Firstly, when people say "Zelda", do they mean the NES/GB versions, or Ocarina?

The BEST Ending Ever?

Final Fantasy VI, VII were AMAZING. Recently Beyond Good and Evil, Kingdom Hearts and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time were good....

but the best ending every is from....

Vandal Hearts (PS1)

At the end, you find out that the bad guy is the son of a once legendary hero who has been forgotten....you play Ash, and sacrifice yourself at the end to save your friends lives, but are cast into the "netherworld" (basically the space between worlds, where time moves weirdly).

Seven years later, one of the characters, who was a child when the games events took place, is sitting at a table, and she hears the song only Ash could play on his flute. She sits up, runs outside to see who it is......and the game ends. CLASSIC!

EXEcution
06-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Jun 18 2004, 01:24 PM
Firstly, when people say "Zelda", do they mean the NES/GB versions, or Ocarina?

The BEST Ending Ever?

Final Fantasy VI, VII were AMAZING. Recently Beyond Good and Evil, Kingdom Hearts and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time were good....

but the best ending every is from....

Vandal Hearts (PS1)

At the end, you find out that the bad guy is the son of a once legendary hero who has been forgotten....you play Ash, and sacrifice yourself at the end to save your friends lives, but are cast into the "netherworld" (basically the space between worlds, where time moves weirdly).

Seven years later, one of the characters, who was a child when the games events took place, is sitting at a table, and she hears the song only Ash could play on his flute. She sits up, runs outside to see who it is......and the game ends. CLASSIC!
omg thats pretty good

Strifer
06-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Beyond Good & Evil had a nice twist at the end. "There will be a sequel" was smacked right at your face. Same as Painkiller. I thought Adrian would just kick Lucifer's butt and get the hell out of there. Nope. He got his ass handed to him by Alastor and his minions.

Too bad BG&E had crappy sales. I'm still looking forward to playing the sequel though. It was one of the most original games I played in a while.

EXEcution
06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Jun 30 2004, 06:24 AM
Beyond Good & Evil had a nice twist at the end. "There will be a sequel" was smacked right at your face. Same as Painkiller. I thought Adrian would just kick Lucifer's butt and get the hell out of there. Nope. He got his ass handed to him by Alastor and his minions.

Thanx for giving it away :P

SALvation
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I don't remeber a PC game ending that was that great, but for consoles I have to go with Zelda 1 for NES. Working my ass of as a kid to beat the game, and then find out their is a second quest and I get to do it all over again...oh man, good stuff.

::: DARK PSI :::
06-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Castlevania series.. was there any question?

Though I must say.. I remember playing Zelda (first one) all summer long when I was kid. Great memories.

Ra\/en
06-30-2004, 02:23 PM
I dont really remember pc games that ended good, they are all mostly weak.

mabye the orignal command and conquer? haha like you could choose which monument to explode if you won as NOD.

but for console i loved FFVIII, that ending was so amazing... and awww the love, music and credits...

FFVII is very close behind, along with the rest of the series.

Strifer
06-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.+Jun 30 2004, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.:EXEcution:. @ Jun 30 2004, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Strifer@Jun 30 2004, 06:24 AM
Beyond Good & Evil had a nice twist at the end. "There will be a sequel" was smacked right at your face. Same as Painkiller. I thought Adrian would just kick Lucifer&#39;s butt and get the hell out of there. Nope. He got his ass handed to him by Alastor and his minions.

Thanx for giving it away :P [/b][/quote]
:P Er, I, um... that is... I really... you got me there. Hope it won&#39;t ruin the fun for you, but with that expansion announced and a title which speaks for itself (come on, Escape from Hell? It more than hints that SOMETHING went wrong) I thought it was safe to say it... :devil:

JIMINATOR
06-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 30 2004, 09:04 AM
I don&#39;t remeber a PC game ending that was that great, but for consoles I have to go with Zelda 1 for NES. Working my ass of as a kid to beat the game, and then find out their is a second quest and I get to do it all over again...oh man, good stuff.
hmmm, zelda, i think i played that game for some 40 hours straight (with brief
periods for sleeping...) to finish the first time. (didn&#39;t bother with the second).
not one of my better choices... :wacko:

Burn the Witch
06-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Beyond Good and Evil is indeed a great ending...and a great game.

noldhor
07-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Mario Bross

lol :blink:

Pure_Evil
07-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Diablo :devil:

FlameRush
08-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Ive played alot, I liked Deus Ex 2, cause you can kill JC Denton the easy way, or the hard way, but I say "Planescape: Torment", a game made by Black Isle, and TSR, like Baulders Gate, and Icewind Dale, it had a nice end, where you kill the Trancended One, what looks cool anyway, and have to like go into the Blood War or what ever it was, I never really finished, but 10% of the 79 games I own(I keep count, dont worry lol)...

Caged Anger
08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
All time best ending in my head holds to Microsofts Crimson Skies.

All time worst ending holds true to Unreal II The Awakening....COME ON! They end it by having him drifting away in an escape pod while listening to the message from his dead crew....awful ending