PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Michael Schumacher! (F1 Racing)

::: DARK PSI :::
06-21-2004, 02:47 PM
He always wins, but congrats anyway for taking the U.S. Grand Prix at Indy yesterday..

Also big congrats to Takuma Sato for finally making it to the blocks and placing 3rd in the U.S.

Some pics.. first schumi and some race babes..

Columbian race babe 1

MANTOYA!! MANTOYA!!

Ferrari race babe!!!!!!!

ME BIGGD01
06-21-2004, 03:16 PM
i would go just to look at the chic's :blink:

me loves hotties :thumbs:

Casanova
06-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow! :blink: I'm glad to see an American talking about F1!!! :w00t: :wootrock: :wootrock:

Congrats to Schumi (again)... :dry: Damn McLaren sucks a$$ this season!!! :bandhead: Again Räikkönen had to make two extra pitstops. :bawling: And their speed... :bandhead:

Well, gotta hope they bring their new McLaren MP4-19B to the next race (France). :jammin:

long-island-ice-tea
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Schumi is german

C2H5OH Guy
06-21-2004, 03:51 PM
F1 rocks...

im also impressed that americans talk about f1 (my father told me f1 isnt that famous in america because it seems to be too boring for the most of the americans) but im glad to see that there are still some americas who watch it :jammin:

ow well of course Schumacher rocks! because germans are pretty good car drivers (just an example for this is our Autobahn...there you are allowed to drive WITHOUT any Speedlimits with over 200 kliometers/hour across germany...that kicks arse!) :wootrock: :wootrock:

Phoenix
06-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by long-island-ice-tea@Jun 21 2004, 03:50 PM
Schumi is german
Yeah but Ferrari is Italian.

Sepra
06-21-2004, 04:48 PM
My father in law watches the races faithfully.

Round, and round, and round, and round.........not for me. :wacko:

06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jun 21 2004, 11:40 AM
Wow! :blink: I'm glad to see an American talking about F1!!! :w00t: :wootrock: :wootrock:

Congrats to Schumi (again)... :dry: Damn McLaren sucks a$$ this season!!! :bandhead: Again Räikkönen had to make two extra pitstops. :bawling: And their speed... :bandhead:

Well, gotta hope they bring their new McLaren MP4-19B to the next race (France). :jammin:
McLaren had a bad day yesterday. Maybe with Mantoya coming over next year they will do better. Need to get their act together if they plan to try to overtake Ferrari.

As for an American watching F1.. I know there are only a few of us. Too many NASCAR fans. (too hillbilly for me)

CART racing is also extremely boring.. no speed.

06-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by C2H5OH Guy@Jun 21 2004, 11:51 AM
F1 rocks...

im also impressed that americans talk about f1 (my father told me f1 isnt that famous in america because it seems to be too boring for the most of the americans) but im glad to see that there are still some americas who watch it :jammin:

ow well of course Schumacher rocks! because germans are pretty good car drivers (just an example for this is our Autobahn...there you are allowed to drive  WITHOUT any Speedlimits with over 200 kliometers/hour across germany...that kicks arse!) :wootrock:  :wootrock:
I am UBER jealous of the autobahn. I would give anything to tear up that road.

Americans do not understand F1 that is the problem. I cannot blame them though, the media here just does not pick it up nor do they know what the hell they are talking about. SpeedVision is horrible for their telecasts. Plus they come on at 7AM on a Sunday.. How stupid is that.

Americans have a lot to learn about international sports.

Race weekend was sweet at Indy this year. Unfortunately there was a huge turnout of Columbians only to get their heart broken once again when Mantoya got a black flag. That was extremely gay. Cannot believe they let him race all the way until the end before disqualifying him. BS!

Barrachello had a good run yesterday too. Schumi pulled a few good moves on him to push him to 2nd.

FERRARI 1 and 2 WOOT!!!!

06-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix+Jun 21 2004, 12:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phoenix @ Jun 21 2004, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long&#045;island&#045;ice&#045;tea@Jun 21 2004, 03:50 PM
Schumi is german
Yeah but Ferrari is Italian. [/b][/quote]
Team Ferrari has both a German and Brazilian driver. No Italians as of now. Perhaps later when Schumi retires&#33;

JIMINATOR
06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
i saw one race, and that did it for me.
round and round they goes,
when will a crash happen to make it interesting? nobody really knows....

06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jun 21 2004, 01:06 PM
i saw one race, and that did it for me.
round and round they goes,
when will a crash happen to make it interesting? nobody really knows....
Experience the race in person and I guarantee you would be hooked. Nothing beats the feeling you get when the engines rev up and scream past you for the first time.

Did I mention the international race babes everywhere&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :w00t:

JIMINATOR
06-21-2004, 05:23 PM
that was in person. free tickets from an art competition i won in
highschool. the interesting part was in the beginning, a boxing
match and then a bus trying to jump a bunch of cars. of course it
crashed in the center of them, but that was what the audience wanted
to see. nascar. the only thing missing was the three rings...

06-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jun 21 2004, 01:23 PM
that was in person. free tickets from an art competition i won in
highschool. the interesting part was in the beginning, a boxing
match and then a bus trying to jump a bunch of cars. of course it
crashed in the center of them, but that was what the audience wanted
to see. nascar. the only thing missing was the three rings...
That type of stuff does not happen at a F1 Race. Are you sure you got tickets to a F1 Race?

NASCAR is the lamest, hillbilly sport on the planet. My apologies to all NASCAR fans. :lol:

JIMINATOR
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
same principles, higher speeds, longer races... glad you like it though...

06-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jun 21 2004, 02:18 PM
same principles, higher speeds, longer races... glad you like it though...
Hardly the same principles. Finesse and pure talent are actually required for F1. Which is why it is the pinnacle of all racing. Not to mention its international flair and incredible tracks.

Jeff Gordon was asked to be a driver to represent America and he refused. Mainly because he would look like a complete fool driving F1 cars. He is the best at what he does and does not want to tarnish his name. I for one would not want to see a NASCAR driver in F1.

As for your comment about a bus jumping over a pile of cars and landing in the middle.. yep that sounds just like NASCAR&#33; HOO WEE&#33; Too bad it is the racing sport that America finds most appealing. :dry:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
06-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix+Jun 21 2004, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phoenix @ Jun 21 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-long&#045;island&#045;ice&#045;tea@Jun 21 2004, 03:50 PM
Schumi is german
Yeah but Ferrari is Italian. [/b][/quote]
:cool: wonder who will win this year :wootrock: :oooo:

Casanova
06-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by C2H5OH Guy@Jun 21 2004, 06:51 PM
ow well of course Schumacher rocks&#33; because germans are pretty good car drivers (just an example for this is our Autobahn...there you are allowed to drive WITHOUT any Speedlimits with over 200 kliometers/hour across germany...that kicks arse&#33;) :wootrock: :wootrock:
Hey... Finnish drivers also rock&#33;&#33; :w00t: Did you forget Mika Häkkinen (won two titles &#39;98 and &#39;99). :rolleyes:
And Räikkönen... Well, he&#39;s damn fast, 100x faster than his team mate Coulthard. But McLaren can&#39;t offer him a car that can challenge Ferrari. :(
Their freaking Mercedes (German :oooo: ) engines suck, they aren&#39;t powerful and they blow up easily. :bandhead:
Last year Räikkönen finished 2nd in the championship, only two points behind M. Schumacher. ;) And his car... Well, let&#39;s just say Ferrari was 10x better than McLaren last year. :shifty: :oooo:

But Germans are fast as well. :thumbs:

Casanova
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Jun 21 2004, 07:55 PM
McLaren had a bad day yesterday. Maybe with Mantoya coming over next year they will do better. Need to get their act together if they plan to try to overtake Ferrari.
Yeah... Finally McLaren will have two competitive drivers (Räikkönen, Montoya). ;)
But they need to get a better car, this one is just too slow and unrealiable. :(

SALvation
06-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Let me know when they have demolition derbies with F1 cars. Now that I&#39;ll watch&#33;

JIMINATOR
06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
yes, with dirt tracks&#33; :thumbs:
Or maybe a race where they drive them backwards to the finish line,
like they do in the south&#33;&#33; :thumbs::thumbs:

SALvation
06-21-2004, 07:12 PM
I would also like to see ramps scattered through the track...and maybe arrows on the track where if the driver runs over them the car goes up to about 400mph for a few seconds.

JIMINATOR
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
and weapon pickups&#33;&#33; And loops&#33;&#33;&#33; those would be cool&#33;&#33;
if hotwheels can do it, why not them?? :hmmm:

Casanova
06-22-2004, 12:24 AM
That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about. ;) Everyone tells me Americans don&#39;t like F1, they like Nascar and CART. And the reason for that is: crashes. There are lot more crashes in Nascar and CART than in F1. :wacko:

Well, I like to watch racing, not a "demolition derby". :wootrock:

Dan2
06-22-2004, 03:11 AM
I watch Nascar for the level competition. There are more lead changes in one Nascar race then there is an entire F1 season. Don&#39;t get me wrong I love F1 as well. The automotive technology is second to none in F1. The tracks are amazing. I would love to see Monaco, Spa Francorchamps (the course in Belgium), Malaysia, or any number of tracks worldwide. Why the hell is the US Grand Prix held on a temporary road course?? I know its Indianapolis but what did they do- throw a few orange cones around and say here&#39;s your US F1 track. Embarrassing&#33;&#33;
How about weaving through Manhattan, Detroit, Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen etc. etc.
As far as driver talent. Give me a car that has suspension adjustments that are computer programmed for EACH TURN and Jeff Gordon would do just fine. He actually jumped into Montoya&#39;s car last year at Indy and impressed all.

Black Rose
06-22-2004, 05:59 AM
well maybe I am the only girl who loves watching F1, but I prefered more our mercedes team. Too bad they have no luck with the engines and lost some good drivers. Norbert Haug the team leader is a wonderful person and I wish his team will be able to get in the competition again next year.

It is always interesting to watch the races in monaco. :)

Yeah I love our Autobahn, because I can drive with my car 220 km/h every morning so I dont arrive to late at work. :oooo:

06-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jun 21 2004, 08:24 PM
That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about. ;) Everyone tells me Americans don&#39;t like F1, they like Nascar and CART. And the reason for that is: crashes. There are lot more crashes in Nascar and CART than in F1. :wacko:

Well, I like to watch racing, not a "demolition derby". :wootrock:

Unfortunately it is true. Americans love NASCAR more than any other racing sport. I still cannot understand why this is. I have tried to watch the sport before and simply cannot get into how hillbilly it is. Perhaps it is the fact that all they do is race in a oval like a fish in a fishbowl. BLECH&#33;

06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose@Jun 22 2004, 01:59 AM
well maybe I am the only girl who loves watching F1, but I prefered more our mercedes team. Too bad they have no luck with the engines and lost some good drivers. Norbert Haug the team leader is a wonderful person and I wish his team will be able to get in the competition again next year.

Yeah I love our Autobahn, because I can drive with my car 220 km/h every morning so I dont arrive to late at work. :oooo:
Not the only girl. There were a ton of female race fans at the race on Sunday and pretty much all weekend for all the events.

Black Rose
06-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::+Jun 22 2004, 03:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (:: DARK LEVIATHAN :: @ Jun 22 2004, 03:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Black Rose@Jun 22 2004, 01:59 AM

Yeah I love our Autobahn, because I can drive with my car 220 km/h every morning so I dont arrive to late at work.&nbsp; :oooo:
Not the only girl. There were a ton of female race fans at the race on Sunday and pretty much all weekend for all the events. [/b][/quote]
well I thought from the girls here at GM :P

Haze
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jun 21 2004, 07:44 PM

Last year Räikkönen finished 2nd in the championship, only two points behind M. Schumacher. ;) And his car... Well, let&#39;s just say Ferrari was 10x better than McLaren last year. :shifty: :oooo:

Schmacher drives in is "own" league, after he came to Ferrari, he helped them create the team that would dominate
the F1, and talking about that Ferrari had the better car, well,
some teams progress, some dont.
When Schmacher arrived, Ferrari was not a winning team, now they are, makes u wonder, did they suddenly know how to build a better car or did Schmucher have something to do with is also or is it "just the car"?

Try go back and "see" when Ferrari started to win races, hopefully u can see
the connection then.

He is F1.

End of story.

06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose+Jun 22 2004, 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Rose @ Jun 22 2004, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Jun 22 2004, 03:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Rose@Jun 22 2004, 01:59 AM

Yeah I love our Autobahn, because I can drive with my car 220 km/h every morning so I dont arrive to late at work.* :oooo:
Not the only girl. There were a ton of female race fans at the race on Sunday and pretty much all weekend for all the events.
well I thought from the girls here at GM :P [/b][/quote]
There are girls here at GM??&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

wub wub wub :wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:

FUS1ON
06-22-2004, 01:55 PM
NASCAR is Hillbilly? (1) It is the largest growing sport in America, bar none. (2) DL Sundays race was held in your home state of Mich., On Sunday that town in which the race is run was the 3rd largest city in Mich population wise. (3) Lately Britney Spears, Sheryl Crow and Lenny Kravitz to name just a few have been honorary starters/host of the races and I don&#39;t see any corncobb pipes hanging out of their mouths. :rolleyes: I could go on but what&#39;s the point, you are entitled to your opinion and i&#39;m entitled to mine even though mine is correct. :oooo: :D

I&#39;m a race fan period, I don&#39;t care if it&#39;s F1, NASCAR, Sprintcars, Boats, whatever I love them all but in my opinion, REAL race cars don&#39;t have computers to aid the driver because a REAL race driver doesn&#39;t need them&#33; :cool:

I&#39;ve been to Talladega and Atlanta several time to watch the races, If you have never been NASCAR race when the starter says "Gentlemen start your engines" and to hear those 43 cars fire up in unison as the over 120k fans roar then you are truely missing something my friends. You can&#39;t do it these days but i&#39;ve stood at the turn 4 fence in Atlanta within 30 feet of the cars onthe track, To see them fly by you at speeds in excess of 180mph is something to behold, Hell just thinking about it gives me goosebumps all over again. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
06-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Or if you really want to do something to make your adrenalin rush, strap in and go round and round with 30 other crazy fools. :w00t:

Sho&#39;s race car from back in the day. :cool:

FUS1ON
06-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Ol&#39; "Double Ought" on the track

06-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Outlaws Shogun@Jun 22 2004, 10:19 AM
Or if you really want to do something to make your adrenalin rush, strap in and go round and round with 30 other crazy fools.* :w00t:

Sho&#39;s race car from back in the day.* :cool:
Yea and that don&#39;t look hillbilly.. I think I see an old refridgerator back there. J/K

I can actually hear the theme from Dukes of Hazard running in my head right now.

:lol:

Good car though.. in great condition.

EXEcution
06-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 21 2004, 03:12 PM
I would also like to see ramps scattered through the track...and maybe arrows on the track where if the driver runs over them the car goes up to about 400mph for a few seconds.
:rofl: arrows

i just wanna see a car fly off the track and go right into the audience :devil:

Aries
06-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Dan2@Jun 22 2004, 03:11 AM
The automotive technology is second to none in F1. The tracks are amazing. I would love to see Monaco, Spa Francorchamps (the course in Belgium),
:thumbs: thx for the recognition :cool: (too bad tobacco publicity politics screw up the calendar :bandhead: )

06-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Outlaws Shogun@Jun 22 2004, 09:55 AM
NASCAR is Hillbilly? (1) It is the largest growing sport in America, bar none. (2) DL Sundays race was held in your home state of Mich., On Sunday that town in which the race is run was the 3rd largest city in Mich population wise. (3) Lately Britney Spears, Sheryl Crow and Lenny Kravitz to name just a few have been honorary starters/host of the races and I don&#39;t see any corncobb pipes hanging out of their mouths. :rolleyes: I could go on but what&#39;s the point, you are entitled to your opinion and i&#39;m entitled to mine even though mine is correct. :oooo: :D

I&#39;m a race fan period, I don&#39;t care if it&#39;s F1, NASCAR, Sprintcars, Boats, whatever I love them all but in my opinion, REAL race cars don&#39;t have computers to aid the driver because a REAL race driver doesn&#39;t need them&#33; :cool:

I&#39;ve been to Talladega and Atlanta several time to watch the races, If you have never been NASCAR race when the starter says "Gentlemen start your engines" and to hear those 43 cars fire up in unison as the over 120k fans roar then you are truely missing something my friends. You can&#39;t do it these days but i&#39;ve stood at the turn 4 fence in Atlanta within 30 feet of the cars onthe track, To see them fly by you at speeds in excess of 180mph is something to behold, Hell just thinking about it gives me goosebumps all over again. :thumbs:
It is a fast, growing sport, but only Americans are truly watching it. NASCAR also caters to a certain breed of population. You cannot disagree that there are a ton of hillbillyesque people watching and loving NASCAR... Hell just watch any Jerry Springer episode to find that out. :)

F1 appeals more to me since it is an international sport. There is much more excitement and intrigue in a sport that hosts multiple countries and you hear of them routing their own driver. Very cool.

NASCAR simply has people screaming out their favorite driver and their favorite brand of American Beer.. ie. Budweiser&#33;

HOOO WEEE&#33;&#33;&#33; :drink:

Also, it doesn&#39;t take a great driver to zip around an oval. :) F1 takes skill.

However, I step back for a second, NASCAR is still auto racing so I will give it that.. just not the type of race that interests me. I shall refrain from insulting it.

Now let&#39;s have a Bud Lite and cook up some squirrel&#33; :wootrock: :drink:

Casanova
06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Haze+Jun 22 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haze @ Jun 22 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Casanova@Jun 21 2004, 07:44 PM

Last year Räikkönen finished 2nd in the championship, only two points behind M. Schumacher. ;) And his car... Well, let&#39;s just say Ferrari was 10x better than McLaren last year. :shifty:&nbsp; :oooo:

Schmacher drives in is "own" league, after he came to Ferrari, he helped them create the team that would dominate
the F1, and talking about that Ferrari had the better car, well,
some teams progress, some dont.
When Schmacher arrived, Ferrari was not a winning team, now they are, makes u wonder, did they suddenly know how to build a better car or did Schmucher have something to do with is also or is it "just the car"?

Try go back and "see" when Ferrari started to win races, hopefully u can see
the connection then.

He is F1.

End of story. [/b][/quote]
Well, Scumacher is a GREAT driver, I&#39;m not minimizing his achievements. ;) And he is a very good in improving the car. :cool:

But what I&#39;m saying is, that Ferrari is way better than any other team this year. They have the best car (the fastest and the most enduring). :(
The second best car is BAR imo (Honda has managed to create a GREAT engine), then Renault and Williams. McLaren simply sucks at the moment ( :bawling: ).

But what the heck, McLaren is testing their new MP4-19B this week in Jerez, and if the test goes well they&#39;ll bring it to the next race. :w00t: (The car has better chassis and aerodynamics, but still the same damn Mercedes engine :( ).

JIMINATOR
06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Jun 22 2004, 09:43 AM
i just wanna see a car fly off the track and go right into the audience :devil:
there has been plenty of wheels to break off and other debris that has creamed the
audience... if you look you will notice a very high and sturdy retaining fence along
the different tracks. sometimes though it isn&#39;t enough.

06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Jun 22 2004, 10:53 AM
[Well, Scumacher is a GREAT driver, I&#39;m not minimizing his achievements. ;) And he is a very good in improving the car. :cool:

Senna still holds title of best driver... but only until Schumi retires or God forbid, is killed.

I think then he will grab that title.

Casanova
06-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::+Jun 22 2004, 05:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (:: DARK LEVIATHAN :: @ Jun 22 2004, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Casanova@Jun 22 2004, 10:53 AM
[Well, Scumacher is a GREAT driver, I&#39;m not minimizing his achievements. ;) And he is a very good in improving the car. :cool:

Senna still holds title of best driver... but only until Schumi retires or God forbid, is killed.

I think then he will grab that title. [/b][/quote]
Yeah... :dry:

06-22-2004, 02:57 PM
:lol:

FUS1ON
06-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes that picture was taken in the country at my friends place. The noise of the engines requires that and that&#39;s not NASCAR either. :rolleyes:

I&#39;ll ageee that F1 appeals to a worldwide audience and that NASCAR is based in the US ..... for now, times are changing. Even Toyota has come to NASCAR this year in the truck series and soon to be racing in the Nextel series. Many of the tracks in the southeast part of the US that NASCAR used to race on have lost their race dates because of the new tracks that have opened up in locations like Las Vegas, Calif. and Texas with many other locations just begging to have new tracks built but they need dates first. I see a day when other Non-American manuf. compete in NASCAR and maybe even over seas.

I&#39;ll ageee it used to be watched mostly by the "good &#39;ol boys", I guess what really made me realize times have changed was teh other day Chico and I were at a resturant eating when this host person came over to me because they noticed my Mark Martin hat they started proclaiming what a big fan they were of his and how happy they were that he had won the day before. You may say that&#39;s not really that big of a deal until you find out the person was a 40ish Oriental woman. Now that&#39;s hardly what i&#39;d call "hillbillyesque".

06-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Outlaws Shogun@Jun 22 2004, 12:00 PM
Yes that picture was taken in the country at my friends place. The noise of the engines requires that and that&#39;s not NASCAR either.&nbsp; :rolleyes:

I&#39;ll ageee that F1 appeals to a worldwide audience and that NASCAR is based in the US ..... for now, times are changing. Even Toyota has come to NASCAR this year in the truck series and soon to be racing in the Nextel series. Many of the tracks in the southeast part of the US that NASCAR used to race on have lost their race dates because of the new tracks that have opened up in locations like Las Vegas, Calif. and Texas with many other locations just begging to have new tracks built but they need dates first. I see a day when other Non-American manuf. compete in NASCAR and maybe even over seas.

I&#39;ll ageee it used to be watched mostly by the "good &#39;ol boys", I guess what really made me realize times have changed was teh other day Chico and I were at a resturant eating when this host person came over to me because they noticed my Mark Martin hat they started proclaiming what a big fan they were of his and how happy they were that he had won the day before. You may say that&#39;s not really that big of a deal until you find out the person was a 40ish Oriental woman. Now that&#39;s hardly what i&#39;d call "hillbillyesque".
I say let&#39;s race to determine which is better.

Gocarts at noon&#33; Bring it&#33; :cool:

Sauron
06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Not to put you down Sho but foreign Manufacturer may want to jump in on the Nascar series because of the US market (alot of people in US like that sport) so it&#39;s a good place to advertise your cars if ya want to increase the cars you sell on the US market&#33; So if they&#39;re active on Nascar means they have a broader audience to advertise their name to&#33;

Just my Opinion&#33;

FUS1ON
06-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Excellent point Sauron and I agree. Nascar held a race around 15 years ago in Australia at the Thunderdrome Raceway and a few years ago that held another in Japan at Suzuka. What i&#39;m saying is that maybe the time wasn&#39;t right at the time, but in the future who knows where it will go.

DL you&#39;re on sucka :rofl: :D

Just found something, Forbes just released their list of the "World&#39;s 50 Highest-Paid Athletes". LINK (http://www.forbes.com/personalfinance/funds/forbes/2004/0705/093tab.html) Michael&#39;s gettin paid like a mofo.

These are the only race car drivers that made the list:
2) MICHAEL SCHUMACHER | auto racing &#036;80.0 mil
18) DALE EARNHARDT JR. | auto racing &#036;20.1 mil
23) JEFF GORDON | auto racing &#036;19.3 mil (Hate this goobhead)
40 RALF SCHUMACHER | auto racing &#036;16.0 mil

I must say that I was really surprised to see that Ralf made the list. :blink:

06-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Overpaid bastards&#33;

Paid 80 mil to drive a damn car in beautiful cities across the world. :dry:

Die Hard
06-23-2004, 11:30 PM
I go to the British F1 every year. I stay in the same compound as most of the drivers. Lucky me :rolleyes:

Casanova
06-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jun 24 2004, 02:30 AM
I go to the British F1 every year. I stay in the same compound as most of the drivers. Lucky me :rolleyes:
Last year&#39;s British GP was the best GP of the season imo. :w00t: :jammin:
A lot of overtakings, a lot of action and that weird guy runnig there on the circuit. :w00t: :rofl: