PDA

View Full Version : would like some advice

ME BIGGD01
06-23-2004, 03:40 AM
i would like to know if you think this logo is boring and if so what you think you could do to spice it up. it's the initials of my company and am in the process of many big changes like opening an office in manhattan.

i appreciatte it if anyone helps me and i shall return the favor :thumbs:

maybe some different colors or anything. i will choose those that i like and will then put a vote up for the most eye catching logo.

i will reward the person who does the most and gets the best responses. i will also be using a vote offline.

merkwannabe
06-23-2004, 04:50 AM
I made an attempt.. I know Solid Snake and Jim can pwn me in the Photoshop department, so I did this one just for fun and I wouldn't want anything anyway.

[edit] This can't really be easily used as a logo anyway because logos are usually black and white for business cards..

Kudos to anyone who finds any hidden meanings..

ME BIGGD01
06-23-2004, 05:04 AM
it looks ok merk but it has to reflect networking and security along with anything related to computer related. also you are young and you are good with photoshop. if you keep it up you will be a pro by the time you are out of high school. that's something to be proud of and i think it's great you have taking an interest in something. think about getting apid fo something you like doing and like me, you never work a day in your life. i suggest keeping at it and continue learning as much as you can so you make lots of money and have a great future. i have friends in their 30's that still can figure out what they want to do with them self. keep it up and look forward to see more samples you may have and others.

merkwannabe
06-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Thanks..

Btw, I just graduated high school.. ph34r But hey, I just got a computer a year and a half ago, so I'm not that bad.. ;)

merkwannabe
06-23-2004, 05:10 AM
One more thing, so are you looking for an artistic logo, or a professional logo? Did you want colors and pictures embedded in the logo or does it stay black and white? Just wondering what you exactly wanted...

Oh, and if nobody guessed the symbolism, it was the "red, white, and blue" over the ican... As in, the American flag! :/

ME BIGGD01
06-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jun 23 2004, 05:10 AM
One more thing, so are you looking for an artistic logo, or a professional logo? Did you want colors and pictures embedded in the logo or does it stay black and white? Just wondering what you exactly wanted...

Oh, and if nobody guessed the symbolism, it was the "red, white, and blue" over the ican... As in, the American flag! :/
i would like both all in one :thumbs:

it's not bad what you have but picture the logo on invoices, webpage, and anything else a business would use it for. i guess multiple types would be needed but looking for the perfect 1. pictures insid would be ok also.

sorry thought you had 1 more year of school. i hope you ar going to college now and getting those credits in :thumbs: there are many tech schools out there but make sure they are credited colleges andnot some fly by night school. :thumbs:

solid snake295
06-23-2004, 05:50 AM
if i had some beer in me i would probably be more creative :P
im no good with original art, i usually just chop up other pictures :worldssmallest:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/snake295/Image2.gif

ME BIGGD01
06-23-2004, 06:26 AM
drink up then :rofl:

solid snake295
06-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Jun 23 2004, 02:26 AM
drink up then :rofl:
but its 3 in the morning *sigh* if i have to...

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Slick-Nick
06-23-2004, 08:24 AM
what i would do is just capitiolize the I and the slash you have on top you could put on the top of the I to make the slash part of the name, and of course change the color of the I and the slash to give the name some color. i like the color red and maybe some blue. i would draw it but im not good in paint. :thumbs:

another thought, keep the i uncapitiolize and take away the dot and move the slash down alittle bit to make it look like the slash is the dot for the i (i hope all this is making sence). there are my thoughts of what you could do.

DiTomasso
06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Jun 23 2004, 05:40 AM
i would like to know if you think this logo is boring and if so what you think you could do to spice it up. it's the initials of my company and am in the process of many big changes like opening an office in manhattan.

i appreciatte it if anyone helps me and i shall return the favor :thumbs:

maybe some different colors or anything. i will choose those that i like and will then put a vote up for the most eye catching logo.

i will reward the person who does the most and gets the best responses. i will also be using a vote offline.
where does iCAN stand for???

EXEcution
06-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jun 23 2004, 12:50 AM
Kudos to anyone who finds any hidden meanings..
it does look like "i cum" :blink:
I think a shadow under the lettering and design would do the trick :w00t:

PJ'l_Master
06-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by solid snake295@Jun 23 2004, 01:50 AM
if i had some beer in me i would probably be more creative :P
im no good with original art, i usually just chop up other pictures :worldssmallest:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v296/snake295/Image2.gif
somthing like this is good but instead of a usb connector on the end put a lock or maybe an rj45 connector w/ some kind of locking mechanism on that

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
06-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Honestly, I like your logo the way it is. I think it's simple, basic, and professional.

JIMINATOR
06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
hmmm, logos are not my thing. we once worked with a graphics designer some
time ago to make a logo. there is a very specific science to it, and the different
aspects of the logo (ie: type style, size, weight, color, other elements, etc) are
supposed ot invoke various conscious/subconscious images and feelings.

on the other hand, if you want me to paste your head on a goat,
I am your man!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Slice
06-23-2004, 11:57 PM
A little flashy but you said color. :D

T I K
06-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey thats pretty nice Slice :thumbs: :thumbs:

SALvation
06-24-2004, 12:24 AM
All your logos are belong to me.

Seriously Deadly
06-24-2004, 12:38 AM
first try :) made it with paint

Seriously Deadly
06-24-2004, 12:45 AM
or this one , also made with paint :)

EXEcution
06-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 23 2004, 08:24 PM
All your logos are belong to me.
:jammin: i like that! :w00t:

ME BIGGD01
06-24-2004, 02:57 AM
keep them coming if you get the chance. i like the idea behind slice's because it rep's something computer related. networking and security are key elements along with system engineering to help think of what the logo should rep.

Seriously Deadly
06-24-2004, 03:05 AM
what about mine :D Mines inside and mouse arrow , well 1 of the are :D

merkwannabe
06-24-2004, 04:29 AM
Hmmm....

ME BIGGD01
06-24-2004, 05:06 AM
not bad merk but i do the whole tri state area :lol: